2015 World Cup - Japan - 9/8

• According to the latest CEV ranking, Russia and Italy will join Poland and represent Europe on World Cup.
    http://ebook.cev.lu/competitions/rankings/index.html#5

Wikipedia confirms this as well:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2…leyball_Men%27s_World_Cup

• What was the objective criteria for picking those two teams this time? The highest bid? :what:

• CEV ranking is the most important right now :wacko: but also in Men's FIVB ranking Russia with Italy are the highest ranked teams next to Poland :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• sorry, but i think it's ridiculous that fivb wants to invite 2 african teams here.

also ridiculous they can't move it to another country other than JPN.

Japan is just a gold mine because of FIVB's contract with their TV for this competition :wavy: but Japanese Male's NT doesn't deserve to be there, the same with 2nd African team :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Now, ther are 6 teams confirm in World Cup. Host Japan, World champion Poland, CEV ranking Russia Italy.

2 for Asian are Iran and Australia. I e-mail to ask AVC. AVC use World ranking.

Form NORCECA maybe USA and Cuba because NORCECA championship will compete after WC, and World ranking and NORCECA ranking give a same result.

From African, the teams will come from African championship in May.

No news from CSV.

• Nominations from CSV are clear: Brazil and Argentina. Other Teams aren't even close to Argentina.

• Probably smart not to have Brazil participate as they are already in the tournament as hosts.

It makes total sense not to have Brazil in that exhausting tournament. The only big disadvantage is that they will lose World Ranking points at the end of 2015 and Russia may be on their way to finally reaching the top position. But we all know that Brazilians will favor success and trophies more than a World Ranking position.

• It makes total sense not to have Brazil in that exhausting tournament. The only big disadvantage is that they will lose World Ranking points at the end of 2015 and Russia may be on their way to finally reaching the top position. But we all know that Brazilians will favor success and trophies more than a World Ranking position.

Generally, i find it questionable that FIVB gives this tournament the same importance as WCH and Olympic tournament. Especially if you consider the variying modes of qualification.

From a european point of view, this brazilian withdrawal of course is good news. That means one competitor less for the olympic spots. Lets go Poland/Russia/Italy :super:

• eliminating wild card invitation for world cup makes it easier for the stronger teams (Russia, US and poland) to qualify for the olympics.

• eliminating wild card invitation for world cup makes it easier for the stronger teams (Russia, US and poland) to qualify for the olympics.

Interesting.
    Poland are Russia were the wild card invitees four years ago.

• Arenas for the tournament have set per JVA website
    September 8-13
    Site A (Japan will play in these matches): Hiroshima's Green Arena
    Site B: Hamamatsu, Hamamatsu Arena

September 16-18
    Site A (Japan will play in these matches): Osaka's City Central Gymnasium
    Site B: Toyama's City General Gymnasium

September 21-23
    Site A (Japan will play in these matches): Tokyo's Yoyogi National Stadium
    Site B: Tokyo's Metropolitan Gymnasium

• CSV Qualification Tournment will be held in Cali, Colombia from May 19th to May 23rd. As we already know, the best two teams qualify to the World Cup.
    The teams are Argentina, Colombia, Chile and Venezuela.

Argentinian Roster

Setter: Luciano De Cecco, Demián González
    Opposites: José Luis González, Federico Martina
    Middle Blocker: Pablo Crer, Martín Ramos, Facundo Imhoff, Federico Franetovich
    Outside Hitter: Lisandro Zanotti, Nicolás Bruno, Rodrigo Villalba, Ezequiel Palacios
    Libero: Sebastián Closter, Facundon Santucci

Head Coach: Julio Velasco

I know it wont sound humble, but I´m quite sure Argentina already has its ticket. Second spot will be between Colombia and Venezuela (which is a mystery) as it was in the WCH qualification tournment.

Matches will be broadcasted bt TyCSports and Voleysur.org :drink: