2015 World Cup - Japan - 9/8

• Argentina final squad:

S: Luciano De Cecco, Nicolás Uriarte
    OP: José Luis Gonzalez, Martín Ramos
    MB: Sebastian Solé, Pablo Crer, Maximiliano Gauna, Pablo Guzmán
    OH: Cristian Poglajen, Facundo Conte, Luciano Zornetta, Ezequiel Palacios
    L: Sebastián Garrocq, Sebastián Closter

Finally Filardi out of the team :wavy: also no Quiroga again. Glad that Poglajen is back and Palacios seems to have earned an stable spot.

• Martin Ramos conerted from MB to OP ?( interesting :D IMHO Gonzalez is too weak to be starting OP :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Blengini decided to call Sabbi to Japan due to some physical problems to Vettori. He will decide in the next days who to put in the final roster!

• Match times are so frustating for working fans and the schedule is ridiculously busy. In the end all players will be physically destroyed.
    Russia, USA and Poland are the favourites, Italy is the dark horse
    Let's hope we will find good links and watch some epic matches ;)

• Match times are so frustating for working fans and the schedule is ridiculously busy. In the end all players will be physically destroyed.
    Russia, USA and Poland are the favourites, Italy is the dark horse
    Let's hope we will find good links and watch some epic matches ;)

This edition is really hard to predict, specially for Italy and Russia. due to big changes they have had, I can imagine for them from 6th place to first.

• This edition is really hard to predict, specially for Italy and Russia. due to big changes they have had, I can imagine for them from 6th place to first.

Exactly. Poland and USA are the most balanced and stable teams but Russia and Italy have the star power. Tetyukhin,Muzersky and Juantorena will determine the fate of the tournament.
    I don't see Italy as one of the favourites because their MB position is a mess.

• This is the kind of moment you should fear Italy: big scandal, newspaper talking about it, internal fights, team spirit fighting to keep the group together. Remember Germany 2006 in football? The same here. Different reason, similar situation for the team. Italians tend to take out their best in critical situations.

Anyway, I hope I'm wrong. I don't like this NT anymore. FIPAV is a joke.

What about the new agreement between Cuba and FIVB? Can Juantorena play for italy, even if he defected? I hope he can't. :whistle:

• :lol: :lol: Sorry but he can. Old Macerata gang except Zaytsev (Travica, Savani, Kovar and Parodi) are still avoiding to like or comment on the posts Juantorena is in on social media.I guess they are still bitter like you. :lol: But I think without Osmany Italy has zero chance to make Olympics.
    Real question will be; can Leon play for Poland? This is a question mark after the latest agreement.

• :lol: :lol: Sorry but he can. Old Macerata gang except Zaytsev (Travica, Savani, Kovar and Parodi) are still avoiding to like or comment on the posts Juantorena is in on social media.I guess they are still bitter like you. :lol: But I think without Osmany Italy has zero chance to make Olympics.
    Real question will be; can Leon play for Poland? This is a question mark after the latest agreement.

Are you italian? If you are, you should know everyone never said anything bad about Juantorena. Savani and Parodi told it was a call only Berruto could take, not their business. Travica never wanted him. Zaytsev the same, but he can't go around with the head well held high now, after what happened at the WL F6.

• I can comment on this subject whole day :lol: but since it is not related to World Cup , I will stop here.
    Both Iran and US can easily qualify through continental elimination tournaments. I wonder if they treat this tournament as a must win one :whistle:
    Here is the Italian roster:
    Setters: Simone Giannelli, Daniel Sottile
    Opposites: Ivan Zaytsev, Luca Vettori, Giulio Sabbi
    Spikers: Osmany Juantorena, Filippo Lanza, Oleg Antonov, Iacopo Massari
    MBs: Simone Buti, Matteo Piano, Simone Anzani
    Liberos: Maximum Colaci, Salvatore Rossini
    Again 3 opposites and 3 MBs.

US roster:
    Setters: Kawika Shoji, Micah Christenson.
    Opposites: Murphy Troy, Matt Anderson.
    Receivers: Aaron Russell, Taylor Sander, Paul Lotman, Jayson Jablonsky.
    Middle blockers: David Lee, Russell Holmes, Max Holt, David Smith.
    Liberos: Dustin Watten, Erik Shoji.

• It seems like it won't be possible anymore for defectors to change nationality. And they will get a longer ban from FIVB. This is all I know. :S

Scarpetta, we can talk in private, if you want. :wavy:

• US roster:
    Setters: Kawika Shoji, Micah Christenson.
    Opposites: Murphy Troy, Matt Anderson.
    Receivers: Aaron Russell, Taylor Sander, Paul Lotman, Jayson Jablonsky.
    Middle blockers: David Lee, Russell Holmes, Max Holt, David Smith.
    Liberos: Dustin Watten, Erik Shoji.

Is the roster affirmative? What happened to Thomas Jaeschke? Jablonsky's call is a shot in the dark. Jaeschke was certainly the third OH choice now, with good games at the 2015 World League.