2015 FIVB World League

• Yesterday after the match between ZAKSA and Bydgoszcz, I had a chance to have a small chat with Heynen. It turns out Heynen is not just funny but fairly talkative. I asked him why Germany quit next years' World League and he kept talking for like 10 min, which made me miss Dick Kooy...
    Anyhow, the words from Heynen are that after 3rd place in WCH Germany aim at playing with top teams, so teams like Korea are no longer among Heynen's sight. He did complain that last year he had to go to Japan with 3rd team, and he believed a match or two with some team of world ranking #20 doesn't help the team at all. He emphasized that if he wants to play with France it's unnecessary to participate in the World League, he'll just make a phone call and they can play friendly games. He did ask FIVB to readjust Germany to 1st Group but got rejected, such that he finally decided to quit.

Is everyone convinced?

• He did ask FIVB to readjust Germany to 1st Group but got rejected, such that he finally decided to quit.

Is everyone convinced?

pfff what an arrogant d*ck, if you want to play in group 1 then go and beat everyone in group 2 like you should. This is the consecuence of himself not taking seriously the last edition of WL and going to Argentina, France with ridiculous C teams and now he complains Germany isn't in group 1?? wtf, it's your own fault they aren't there.

What's that bullshit of "we got 3rd place at the WCh, we shouldn't be playing the likes of Korea"?? :down: lol, oh well they won't even qualify for the olympics anyway, enjoy watching them on tv, Vital.

• What's that bullshit of "we got 3rd place at the WCh, we shouldn't be playing the likes of Korea"?? :down: lol, oh well they won't even qualify for the olympics anyway, enjoy watching them on tv, Vital.

Well, he actually didn't say this, but anyway........

Finally, a (very short) official statement by the federation has been released today. Besides the reasons already mentioned, like the importance of CEV ranking for the european Olympic qualification, it is also written that there is a problem with a live tv coverage of WL matches and that they are "mandatory" by FIVB standards. They confirmed as well that germany will participate in European Games in baku.

Overall, i think there are valid reasons for not participating this year. There are limited ressources in Germany on and off the court and if they don't want to make a serious approach it is probably better not to participate at all.

What is worrying me a bit ist that the FIVB will not be amused about that withdrawal and will try to avoid that other nations will follow that example. Next time, the german federaions wants something from FIVB this decision might backfire.

You should, of course, never mess with your setter 8) , but messing up with the FIVB is even worse.

source: http://www.volleyball-verband.…s2sdr102cq89v4qotsh6n7vq6

• According to Italian media- if Ghoncheh Ghavami won't be free Iran will be excluded from World League.

• Good and bad to hear that about Iran. They were great to watch and could help take the game higher in Asia, but the political leaders keep hurting their athletes aspirations.

The biggest problems with the World League is that the only way to be promoted is to win your level. What is worse is that there are only 8 spots in the Top Level. In the past, there were 12 or 16 spots, now just 8?

It should be Three Levels, 12 teams Level 1, 12 teams Level 2, 8-12 teams Level 3. 32-36 teams in total. Bottom 3 teams in Level 1 and Level 2 are relegated. Top 3 teams in Level 2 and 3 get promoted.
    Quit having the Level 2 winner go to the Final 6. It is just not smart to do this. Plus they are not credited with a higher finish, if they performed well in the Final 6.

A level 4 could be a playoff of the different continents in a 5 team round robin for the last or last 2 positions in Level 3.

• Or they could just return the old system with 16 teams?

• Or they could just return the old system with 16 teams?

Or they can copy the system of Davis Cup in tennis. There's one world group, and there're small divisions in each continent such that teams can avoid too much unnecessary traveling.

• Brazilian federation withdraws from hosting the world league finals due to fines by FIVB against coach and some players.

FIVB states that the fines are related to some incidents on WCH in Poland.
    Imo, it's quite obvious that this is, in first line, a punishment for the latest critical words against Ary Graca and the corruption scandal in Brazil.

I guess, that is what it looks like, if you mess with the FIVB...... :whistle:

source: http://www.worldofvolley.com/N…rezende-and-players-.html

• You don't mess around with Graca, because his family already got the money from Banco do Brasil :aww: :hit: :whistle:

• This is so fucking ridiculous. The fact that Ary Graça is still the head of FIVB makes me rage. He's giving it all to make sure the male NT crumbles just because of his problems with Bernardinho. Now Banco do Brasil has cut sponsorship due to the scandal and the documents proving there were frauds everywhere and we're screwed. Bernardinho gave a sorta lenghty interview to SporTV after the Rexona - Pinheiros (female league) game yesterday about this whole thing. I'll try to translate it and post it here once I find the video for the game.

• The finals of Group 1 will be held in Rio de Janeiro in the middle of July. Quite a logical choice based on the forthcoming 2016 Olympics in Rio.

• Italy squad for World League - http://www.worldofvolley.com/N…ist-for-world-league.html

Italy Roster for the World League 2015:

ALLETTI Aimone (Copra Piacenza); ANTONOV Oleg (Tours - Fra); ANZANI Simone (Calzedonia Verona); BIRARELLI Emanuele (Energy T.I. Trento); BOSSI Elia (Exprivia Nel Diritto Molfetta); BOTTO Iacopo (Vero Volley Monza); BUTI Simone (Sir Safety Perugia); COLACI Massimo (Energy T.I. Trento); GALLIANI Andrea (Vero Volley Monza); GIANNELLI Simone (Energy T.I. Trento); GIOVI Andrea (Sir Safety Perugia); LANZA Pippo (Energy T.I. Trento); MASSARI Jacopo (Copra Piacenza); MENGOZZI Stefano (Cmc Ravenna); NELLI Gabriele (Energy T.I. Trento); PAOLUCCI Adriano (Sir Safety Perugia); PIANO Matteo (Parmareggio Modena); RAFFAELLI Giacomo (Club Italia); RANDAZZO Luigi (Altotevere Città di Castello); ROSSINI Salvatore (Parmareggio Modena); SABBI Giulio (Lube Treia); SAITTA Davide (Tolosa - Fra); TRAVICA Dragan (Belogorie Belgorod - Rus); VETTORI Luca (Parmareggio Modena); ZAYTSEV Ivan (Dinamo Mosca -Rus).

Poland Squad for World League - shortlist of 29 players

Here is the full list: No Lukasz Zygadlo and Zbigniew Bartman - http://www.worldofvolley.com/N…zygadlo-bartman-list.html

Setters: Fabian Drzyzga (Asseco Resovia Rzeszów),
    Michał Kędzierski (Cerrad Czarni Radom), Grzegorz Łomacz (Cuprum Lubin), Grzegorz Pająk (Effector Kielce)

Opposites: Grzegorz Bociek (ZAKSA Kędzierzyn-Koźle),Bartłomiej Bołądź (Cerrad Czarni Radom), Jakub Jarosz (Transfer Bydgoszcz), Dawid Konarski (Asseco Resovia Rzeszów), Szymon Romać (Cuprum Lubin), Damian Schulz (LOTOS Trefl Gdańsk)

Middle Blockers: Mateusz Bieniek (Effector Kielce), Wojciech Grzyb (LOTOS Trefl Gdańsk), Karol Kłos (PGE Skra Bełchatów), Grzegorz Kosok (Jastrzębski Węgiel), Marcin Możdżonek (Halkbank Ankara),Piotr Nowakowski (Asseco Resovia Rzeszów), Andrzej Wrona (PGE Skra Bełchatów)

Receivers: Bartosz Bednorz (Indykpol AZS Olsztyn), Rafał Buszek (Asseco Resovia Rzeszów), Michał Kubiak (Halkbank Ankara), Bartosz Kurek (Cucina Lube Treia), Mateusz Mika (LOTOS Trefl Gdańsk), Artur Szalpuk (AZS Politechnika Warszawska), Aleksander Śliwka (AZS Politechnika Warszawska), Marcin Waliński (Transfer Bydgoszcz), WojciechŻaliński (Cerrad Czarni radom)

Libero: Piotr Gacek (LOTOS Trefl Gdańsk), Damian Wojtaszek (Jastrzębski Węgiel), Paweł Zatorski (ZAKSA Kędzierzyn-Koźle).

Finland Squad - https://lentopalloliitto-fi.di…ailmanliiga-2015/joukkue/

Bulgaria Squad for World League

One name is missing again - Matey Kaziyski. The list includes following players:

Setters: Georgi Bratoev, Georgi Seganov, Andrey Zhekov, Georgi Manchev, Lybomir Agoncev

Opposites: Tsvetan Sokolov, Danail Milushev, Venelin Kadunkov, Vladimir Nikolov,

Receivers: Todor Alexiev, Todor Skrimov, Valentin Bratoev, Nikolay Penchev, Miroslav Gradinarov, Stanislav Petkov

Middle Blockers: Viktor Yosifov, Nikolay Nikolov, Teodor Todorov, Svetoslav Gotsev, Krasimir Georgiev, Borislav Apostolov, Martin Paliyski

Libero: Teodor Salparov, Martin Bozhilov, Vladislav Ivanov.

Russia Squad for World League 2015

Setters:
    Sergey Antipkin (Gazprom)- Alexander Butko (Lokomotive) - Sergey Grankin (Dynamo Moscow) - Igor Kolodinsky (Fakel)

Opposites: Nikolay Pavlov
    (Province) - Maxim Mikhaylov (Zenit Kazan) - Pavel Kruglov (Dynamo Moscow) - Pavel Moroz (Lokomotive)

Outside Hitters: Sergey Savin (Province) - Sergey Tetyukhin (Belgorie) - Alexey Spiridonov (Zenit Kazan) - Denis Biryukov (Dynamo Moscow) - Dmitriy Ilinykh (Belgorie) - Evgeny Sivozhelez (Zenit Kazan)- Alexander Markin (Dynamo Moscow)

Middle Blockers:
    Alexandr Abrosimov (Lokomotive) - Andrey Ashchev (Zenit Kazan)- Artem Volvich (Lokomotive) -Ilya Vlasov (Fakel) - Dmitriy Muserskiy (Belgorie) - Artem Smolyar (Belgorie)

Líberos: Roman Bragin (Belgorie)- Roman Martynyuk (Fakel) - Alexey Obmochaev (Dynamo Moscow)- Alexey Verbov (Zenit Kazan)

http://volleyballnews.ru/blog/russiamanteam/4796.html

• Baranowicz is out because berruto didn't want too much competition for that role (so basically he's betting on Travica), while also Kovar is out because he doesn't want to be busy 12 months a year.

• Baranowicz is out because berruto didn't want too much competition for that role (so basically he's betting on Travica), while also Kovar is out because he doesn't want to be busy 12 months a year.

I cant believe Baranowicz is out. I know, he isnt such a good setter, however he is doing a good job in Macerata as well as in his last matches with Italian NT. He was a good choice when Travica was lost. According to what I read, Berruto will add Parodi an Juantorena later. Now they are busy with their teams or recovering. I was really surprised when I read Juantorena´s name.

http://www.federvolley.it/index.php?idnews=13199

"A questo gruppo principale si devono aggiungere Simone Parodi ed Osmany Juantorena. Entrambi stanno concludendo la stagione agonistica con i rispettivi club, dopo di che hanno già un programma per risolvere alcune problematiche fisiche, prima di unirsi al gruppo quando s'inizierà la preparazione per la Coppa del mondo ed i Campionati Europei. "

• Baranowicz out, Falaschi in the B team. This is a nightmare or the biggest joke ever.

Juntorena with the NT jearsey. I guess I won't care about this NT anymore.

• Bulgaria Squad for World League (I will also put it in my other post that have the other countries lists).

The head coach of Bulgarian national team Plamen Konstantinov has announced the wide list for the FIVB World League.

One name is missing again - Matey Kaziyski. The list includes following players:

Setters: Georgi Bratoev, Georgi Seganov, Andrey Zhekov, Georgi Manchev, Lybomir Agoncev

Opposites: Tsvetan Sokolov, Danail Milushev, Venelin Kadunkov, Vladimir Nikolov,

Receivers: Todor Alexiev, Todor Skrimov, Valentin Bratoev, Nikolay Penchev, Miroslav Gradinarov, Stanislav Petkov

Middle Blockers: Viktor Yosifov, Nikolay Nikolov, Teodor Todorov, Svetoslav Gotsev, Krasimir Georgiev, Borislav Apostolov, Martin Paliyski

Libero: Teodor Salparov, Martin Bozhilov, Vladislav Ivanov.

http://www.worldofvolley.com/N…ide-list-no-kaziyski.html

Russia Squad for World League 2015 (will be in my other post as well)

Setters:
    Sergey Antipkin (Gazprom)- Alexander Butko (Lokomotive) - Sergey Grankin (Dynamo Moscow) - Igor Kolodinsky (Fakel)

Opposites: Nikolay Pavlov(Province) - Maxim Mikhaylov (Zenit Kazan) - Pavel Kruglov (Dynamo Moscow) -Pavel Moroz (Lokomotive)

Outside Hitters: Sergey Savin
    (Province) - Sergey Tetyukhin (Belgorie) - Alexey Spiridonov (Zenit Kazan) -Denis Biryukov (Dynamo Moscow) - Dmitriy Ilinykh (Belgorie) - Evgeniy Sivozhelez (Zenit Kazan)- Alexander Markin (Dynamo Moscow)

Middle Blockers:
    Alexandr Abrosimov (Lokomotive) - Andrey Ashchev (Zenit Kazan)- Artem Volvich (Lokomotive) -Ilya Vlasov (Fakel) - Dmitriy Muserskiy (Belgorie) - Artem Smolyar (Belgorie)

Líberos: Roman Bragin (Belgorie)- Roman Martynyuk (Fakel) - Alexey Obmochaev (Dynamo Moscow)- Alexey Verbov (Zenit Kazan)

http://volleyballnews.ru/blog/russiamanteam/4796.html