2015 FIVB World League

• Baranowicz out, Falaschi in the B team. This is a nightmare or the biggest joke ever.

Juntorena with the NT jearsey. I guess I won't care about this NT anymore.

Berutto is 100 % right and you will get stronger, I'm jelaous. Falaschi is amazing, he made final in Plusliga and he will get many good offers after this season. I have no doubts he deserve more. Moreover I will not be surprised if after checking all setters during trainings Falaschi will be chosed as 1st setter in NT. I'm not joking, you will see.
    Also Juantorena is going to replace so weak Kovar this season. You should be happy, we must wait for Leon next 2 years, you can shine with Cuban in this season.

• Trust me, Falaschi as NT setter as been expected since he played for the first time in Serie A1, but never happaned, for the same reason why Baranowicz won't be anymore part of this NT: Dragan Travica. We are always wondering why this guy hasn't real time to spent with NT. As we know Berruto cut Baranowicz because Travica is his main setter and he (Berruto, but I would say Travica as well) doesn't want competition for the position. So there is no chance for a real setter to take Travica's place till Berutti will be head coach. I want the best players from each position in NT, Travica isn't part of them as setter and it is pretty clear to everyone. I wonder what will happen when Juantorena will join the team, since they're not best friends. More drama is coming. Just like women's NT. Italy, the land of drama! Trust me again, Juantorena into this NT won't last very long.

• Argentina Squad for World League:

Setters: Luciano De Cecco, Nicolás Uriarte, Demián Gonzalez, Maximiliano Chirivino

Opposites: José Luis González, Federico Martina

Outside Hitters: Nicolás Bruno, Javier Filardi, Cristian Poglajen, Facundo Conte, Rodrigo Quiroga, Gonzalo Quiroga, Ezequiel Palacios, Luciano Zornetta, Rodrigo Villalba

Middle Blockers: Sebastián Solé, Pablo Crer, Martín Ramos, Maximiliano Gauna, Pablo Guzmán, Federico Franetovich

Liberos: Facundo Santucci, Sebastián Closter, Sebastián Garrocq, Franco López

• Why only 2 OPs :what: is this such problematic position ?( Federico Pereyra is out once again and I understand it, but Bruno Romanutti or maybe Santiago Darraidou can be in... Gonzalez had so many ups and downs in BBTS Bielsko-Biała :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Facundo Conte will play Like a Opp in NT, he will note be a pure Opp, in some rotation he will receiver. I read this in some site..

Quoted from "LDvolley"

Argentina Squad for World League:

Setters: Luciano De Cecco, Nicolás Uriarte, Demián Gonzalez, Maximiliano Chirivino

Opposites: José Luis González, Federico Martina

Outside Hitters: Nicolás Bruno, Javier Filardi, Cristian Poglajen, Facundo Conte, Rodrigo Quiroga, Gonzalo Quiroga, Ezequiel Palacios, Luciano Zornetta, Rodrigo Villalba

Middle Blockers: Sebastián Solé, Pablo Crer, Martín Ramos, Maximiliano Gauna, Pablo Guzmán, Federico Franetovich

Liberos: Facundo Santucci, Sebastián Closter, Sebastián Garrocq, Franco López
    Why only 2 OPs is this such problematic position Federico Pereyra is out once again and I understand it, but Bruno Romanutti or maybe Santiago Darraidou can be in... Gonzalez had so many ups and downs in BBTS Bielsko-B

• I was going to say what Gomes wrote, right now our dept in that position is so shitty that the coach will play Conte mainly as Opp. It's ok since we can play one of the Quiroga brothers (I hope the younger) as attacking OH and be ok with that.

• Trust me, Falaschi as NT setter as been expected since he played for the first time in Serie A1, but never happaned, for the same reason why Baranowicz won't be anymore part of this NT: Dragan Travica. We are always wondering why this guy hasn't real time to spent with NT. As we know Berruto cut Baranowicz because Travica is his main setter and he (Berruto, but I would say Travica as well) doesn't want competition for the position. So there is no chance for a real setter to take Travica's place till Berutti will be head coach. I want the best players from each position in NT, Travica isn't part of them as setter and it is pretty clear to everyone. I wonder what will happen when Juantorena will join the team, since they're not best friends. More drama is coming. Just like women's NT. Italy, the land of drama! Trust me again, Juantorena into this NT won't last very long.

Look, if Berutto called Juantorena despite knowing about conflict between Travica and him it seems he has some new idea for NT. For me it seems like that. After decision with calling Juantoena Travica can lose first role in NT.

• Next year Italy will have a new coach. After Juantorena's addition, in order to please Travica, Berruto cut Baranowicz and Falasca from the team. Travica probably will try to ignore Juantorena as much as possible and will not pass important balls to him. Since Berruto already lost his authority over team last year , without a new coach we will only see clash of egos and failure of Italy.

• Did Depestele retire from Belgium NT? He's not in the WL roster. :| Deroo is now the captain too.

He gave a short interview in January and said that during WL and European Games he will need to rest and spend some time with his family. But if the coach needs him for ECH, he will be available. That's the deal he made with Baeyens.

• Fivb has changed the procedure of team rankings in round robin round. number of matches won is now more important than total points.
    With this procedure Iran could have won a bronze medal at 2013 men's grand champions cup!

http://www.championat.com/voll…-krugovykh-turnirakh.html

• Fivb has changed the procedure of team rankings in round robin round. number of matches won is now more important than total points.
    With this procedure Iran could have won a bronze medal at 2013 men's grand champions cup!

FIVB is never tired of recycling its regulations. Perhaps two years after, they'd switch back to points over victory counts again...

Can you introduce the squad of Iran NT this year?

I think it's a good change. IMO, Win-Loss record is a better indicator of team performance in rankings (as used by CEV in Champions League round robin).

I hope they use it for World Cup next year.

• Can you introduce the squad of Iran NT this year?

Of course, Kovac has selected 17 players for the Finland and Czech friendly matches that I would list them here. I have highlighted people that are most probable to be on the final list.

setters: Saeid Marouf, Mahdi Mahdavi
    Liberos: Farhad Zarif, Abdorreza Alizade
    OP: Amir Ghafour, Shahram Mahmoudi, Mikail Tajer
    OH: Farhad Ghaemi, Milad Ebadipour, Mojtaba Mirzajanpour, Hamzeh Zarini, Arash Keshavarzi
    MB: Seyed Musavi, Adel Gholami, Hasan Senobar, Saman Faezi, Reza Abedini

Also Pouria Fayazi and Javad Manavinezhad are now participating U23 Asian championship and one of them may replace Zarini.
    Because of Ghafour's injury there are 3 people in the opposite post that he would choose 2 for the game against USA.

• From this list, the only missing player from last year is Tashakori. He's always the first backup choice for the team's MB position, especially with his characteristic jump floats. Was his club performance unsatisfactory?

• no, he quit national team camp because of his wife pregnancy! of course his serve was the best float serve in iran and even maybe in the world, but he wasnt that good at attacking and blocking so kovac was searching for other people in this post, Senobar is a good choice with 210 cm height that could help against teams like Russia.

• no, he quit national team camp because of his wife pregnancy! of course his serve was the best float serve in iran and even maybe in the world, but he wasnt that good at attacking and blocking so kovac was searching for other people in this post, Senobar is a good choice with 210 cm height that could help against teams like Russia.

Thanks for the info. Iran is very good at blocking, but the team is still a bit undersized, especially the position played by Gholami. Hopefully, they can strengthen the 2nd MB on court alongside Mousavi this year. Also, Iran is a team without a super spiker. With Gahemi taking one OH position for his all-roundedness, the other OH (Mirzajanpour / Ebadipour) needs to progress to improve the team's offensive power. With a shiny 2014, this year will test the real strength of this team further.

Btw, did Ebadipour injure himself earlier? Has he recovered?