2015 FIVB World League

• Kubiak, Mr Awesomeness, best scorer (19), best blocker (6) :thumbsup:

20:11 in blocks for us, nice!

Great to see Simo Anzani more in game, he looked like a soldier after a battle with this bandage ;) And if we talk about injuries, I hope Aaron Russell will be totally fine.

• Geez, I didn't count how many times Kurek was blocked or didn't end his attack, plenty... But in this 4th set finally won the battle with himself. It wasn't his day for sure! Great we made it with 3 points today :thumbup: we're in semis already and can go sleep in peace. I think tomorrow we'll see mostly Konarski, Łomacz, maybe Szalpuk. 4-days marathon so we have to save some energy for saturday and sunday.

Overall, great job in block, especially in the end of 3rd and in 4th set. Too many errors on serve though.

I'm wondering is it good for us or bad we are in this group and from group of 1st division while we were fighting in every match at the highest level we went to such laziness. I think tomorrow match with Serbia would look similar and I was so close to fallen asleep. I don't know whether it's good or bad in semifinal we must suddenly come back to play at the highest level. In my opinion is bad. As others they had free days before trip to Rio and more rest can be crucial for semifinal, affect in bad way. In my opinion every tough group can prepare each team much better. No need to add each national team has only 1 hour a day for trainings... Not much.

• Unblockable Kurek :super: :super: :obey:

Kurek is a player who can't stand breaks in game. Then he's getting so easy out of shape like he didn't play for a month. For him not playing regular is death. But all we know it's impossible to play everytime. Players who are more hardworking and less talented have problems with such conditions. In every Olympics is the same. Sorry but not everywhere is Poland and not everywhere hall will be fully available all day whenever they want. That's my impression about our team.

So weak match... Poland wanted so easy win, one set lost due to lack of contrentration

Do you think that Poland won the second set because they suddenly regained concentration in the last three points? Then lost it again in the third?

Sabbi not level for starting six

False. Bring Sabbi in, taking the same shots that Vettori had, and this match could end either way.

I still hope tomorrow we will play with better contretration and not to play with reserves and not to give rest for main players. We should fight for 1st place in group and wait for theoretically weaker rival from other group.

Let's say that USA and France decide to take Brazil out. :down: Which team would you "choose"? :whistle:
    I'm not saying that anything like that is going to happen. Unfortunately, this format allows this kind of "arrangement"

• I had to leave home right after the BRA-USA match, so I couldn't comment properly. But holy f**k, Lucarelli FINALLY showed he can be a decisive player for us! Extremely glad with his performance today, dude has been a beast the entire league. If only we had a better defensive OH, we could win things again. In USA, it's good to see Anderson in this shape too (even though it was against BRA), you know, after his whole health issues early on. I really like that guy and always hope for the best for him.

I also think Raphael would be a better choice than William in this F6. While it's undeniable that Mago is a fantastic setter, he doesn't seem to fit this NT and I personally like Rapha's game better in this kinda level. If Evandro remains this shape throughout next year, we can finally get rid of Vissotto too, which is just amazing. :cheesy:

• It's almost impossible that USA and France will decide about Brazil's future in Final Six.
    Too close gap between sets and little points.

• Yes I think we had problem with concentration. Watch Poland's matches under high pressure against USA or Iran with its the full squads, they played much better than yesterday. I dont't support posts like what would happen if... or Gianelli chosed wrong options. Our team didn't let them more than one set didnt let spread wings unlike to Serbia. Aftet lost set they won next last one 25-20 so?. I like to critize when some team deserve on that we have not.enough arguments so far and we should wait for semifinal then we will have clear form of team.

• I bet that Serbia will win today and send Italy home :rolleyes:

• Do you think that Poland won the second set because they suddenly regained concentration in the last three points? Then lost it again in the third?

Let's say that USA and France decide to take Brazil out. :down: Which team would you "choose"? :whistle:
    I'm not saying that anything like that is going to happen. Unfortunately, this format allows this kind of "arrangement"

I am not sure the whole team regained concentration but definitely Kubiak did. What he did was to serve at Italy's weakest link in reception (Antonov) sending two tricky serves in his direction. So it was mainly tactics but it required a lot of focus on the part of Kubiak.

From the tactical of view it will be best for Poland to finish the match with Serbia in three sets to save energy for Saturday morning (Saturday matches start very early). If this is not possible and Poland loses a set they may let subtitutes play to save the most important players. This does not mean that Poland will not fight for a win.

• Yes I think we had problem with concentration. Watch Poland's matches under high pressure against USA or Iran with its the full squads, they played much better than yesterday. I dont't support posts like what would happen if... or Gianelli chosed wrong options. Our team didn't let them more than one set didnt let spread wings unlike to Serbia. Aftet lost set they won next last one 25-20 so?. I like to critize when some team deserve on that we have not.enough arguments so far and we should wait for semifinal then we will have clear form of team.

This time I must insist. After lost set Poland won the last 25-20, correct. All the same, after almost-lost set Poland lost the following 20-25. One can't say that yesterday Poland gave up one set just because of lack of attention.
    I don't want you to change your mind. My opinion is: Poland started focused, took an early lead, remained focused, Italy fought their way back into the game, Poland won because they played better - not their best volleyball, not our best either. Now convince me that I'm wrong. Where exactly, in what fundamental, what player, did you notice problems with concentration?
    :drink:
    Finally, I'm not playing the "what if...". I was making the point, for the benefit of the readers of this topic, that Sabbi is currently more than good enough to replace Vettori if needed, and yesterday we definitely needed.

I bet that Serbia will win today and send Italy home :rolleyes:

The odds are 2.30. It's your money, do as you wish. Remember to bet responsibly!

• If USA team wins 3-0, Brazil goes on beside the americans, isn't it?

USA 3 points 4 - 4 set win/lost
    BRA 3 points 4 - 4 set win/lost
    FRA 3 points 3 - 4 set win/lost

What matters the most, points or sets ratio?

• If USA team wins 3-0, Brazil goes on beside the americans, isn't it?

USA 3 points 4 - 3 set win/lost
    BRA 3 points 4 - 4 set win/lost
    FRA 3 points 3 - 4 set win/lost

What matters the most, points or sets ratio?

• France went berserk in the second part of the third set. They are ready to take heads clean off :super:

• I honestly think these are the best WL finals in the last 4-5 years. All games have been great so far

• Everything is going to be decided by the point ratio.

http://worldleague.2015.fivb.c…tion/key%20rule%20changes

The tie break criteria is:

1. Number of matches won
    2. Match points
    3. Set Ratio
    4. Points ratio
    5. Result of the last match between the tied teams

I really dont think US really want to eliminate Brazil with calculators and so on. US have already proved they dont do this kind of things. Best example is London 2012.

• Wow. France rose from the dead in the third set here. Their weakness is attack and when their attackers are not having a good day, they don't have a deep bench to cover for them.

USA are very solid but not extra-ordinary. In fact, if France plays as inspired as in the end of the third set, they can beat them.

A lot has been spoken about Ngapeth here. I believe in him. He is very smart and he reads the game so well. His biggest strength for me is not his athleticism or technique, but his incredibly quick decision-making and vision. Still, he is not wise enough yet to know when it's a good time to risk and when to play safe, and he sometimes lets emotions have the edge over his decision-making. If, with experience, he gets rid of that part of his personality and game (and I think he will) he will become a great leader and an even greater player than he is now.

• Srsly SuperMatt is alien. They need cryptonite to stop him

• So
    1.USA
    2.France
    3.Brasil
    Brasil is out

• USA team isn't performing very well. Many mistakes. Many service errors. On the other side I think Anderson should definitely play as opposite in his club as well. Now he is completely adapted to the position. He's playing an amazing F6! Sander played like Sander in the 4th set at least.