2015 FIVB World League

• Why 3 MBs? what happend to Muserskiy?

Muserskiy is getting a 2 week break. He has played a lot of matches this year. So I am sure he is glad for the rest and spending time with his daughter. Again I don't understand a couple of the Russian coach' s choices I don't understand why Moroz is there, he isn't match fit. I rather Kruglov from Moscow as the other OPP, he was immense the last few games for Moscow. Ambrosimov was bad in Lokomotive.

• Before tomorrow's game Antiga cut Grzyb (MB) and Voronkov cut Obmochaev (L) from match roster. But correct me if I'm wrong, the formula says match roster will be expanded to 14 players if there are two liberos. Why did Voronkov cut Obmochaev then? They will play 12 now.

• Don't know, maybe Obmochaev got hurt, or he believes it will be fine with the one libero. Obmochaev wasn't going to start, I believe Verbov is the first choice libero either way.

Maybe he will use Obmochaev for the next weekend, or not.

• Iran coach Slobodan Kovac names 16 players to roster for 2015 World League

1. Shahram Mahmoudi (OP)

2. Milad Ebadipour (OH)

3. Saman Faezi (MB)

4. Mir Saeid Marouflakrani (C) (S)

5. Farhad Ghaemi (OH)

6. Seyed Mohammad Mousavi Eraghi (MB)

7. Hamzeh Zarini (OH)

8. Farhad Zarif (L)

9. Adel Gholami (MB)

10. Amir Ghafour (OP)

11. Farhad Piroutpour (OP)

12. Mojtaba Mirzanjapour (OH)

13. Mehdi Mahdavi (S)

14. Mostafa Sharifat (MB)

15. Abdolreza Alizadeh (L)

16. Mohammad Javad Manavinejad (OH)

I'm surprised that Farhad Piroutpour is in the list instead of Pouria Fayazi but I trust Kovac compeletely.
    And team will miss Armin Tashakori (esp his serves).He quited national team
    because of his wife pregnancy!

• Fayazi is an OH that cant play as OP but Zarini and Manavi can.

• Mousavi :set:

• And by the second set :D

• Where did you guys watch the game please, Onsite or through live streams? ?(

• Mika... Eh I'm spechless. :flower: :obey: :flower: :obey: :flower: :obey:

I still will be waiting for more matches of Kurek. Maybe there is said 'You are as good as your last match' but after several good matches i should apologise him. :roll:
    Child MB Bieniek is just proof of our huge potential, honestly i don't remember him from our league. So surprised how Łomacz improved after this league season in Lubin, he will be tough rival for Drzyzga. Only i worry about Kubiak, if he was a bit taller he would be classy OH like Mika. But with his height he really suffers to end attack on high good block.But good that we have Buszek on reserve. Just world champions, that's all...:drink:

• By quitting the NT, do you mean Tashakori won't return to NT only this year or for good?

• I think every player dream about such a debut Bieniek had last evening. 7/7 in attack, 3 blocks, 2 aces. To stand shoulder to shoulder with world champions against olympic champions and to shine - that's an artistry :) And it has to be underlined how big value in our team is MB with a strong service! Now I'm waiting for other youngsters like Bednorz and Śliwka to come out.

Nothing to be overly excited about but have to say our service generally looked good. Even great. Regular and not many mistakes like it happens in very first game of the season. Surely Russians were kinda withdrawn and shaky so it's not like WE played sth brilliant. But we looked well-ordered. That's sth really precious in the context of going-away of several important players.

As everything has to gain momentum over time, I hope to see much better Russian team today, I believe they can do better than yesterday!

• As everything has to gain momentum over time, I hope to see much better Russian team today, I believe they can do better than yesterday!

It is still early in season and of course no time to draw conclusions, but i fear there is a bit too much of "we-will-do-better-tomorrow-attitude" on the russian side. It already didn't work on last WCH. I do hope they have a real plan how to play successful again which goes beyond "Musersky".

By the way, how FIVB is presenting the match stats is a real pain in the ass......

• It is still early in season and of course no time to draw conclusions, but i fear there is a bit too much of "we-will-do-better-tomorrow-attitude" on the russian side. It already didn't work on last WCH. I do hope they have a real plan how to play successful again which goes beyond "Musersky".

By the way, how FIVB is presenting the match stats is a real pain in the ass......

To me, the fresh wave Russia have been expecting should've come with a new head coach. Voronkov needed to step down after the weak, let's face it, 2014. Still, they miss way too many players now to be judged. We know they are a tough team to beat in Russia, they will probably qualify in the end and make up for some blunders in the early stages, but Voronkov (or his successor) needs a better plan overall to regain the shape from 2013.

Yes, I don't quite fancy this new design, too. They have used the pattern from the 2014 WCH now almost everywhere on their pages. It looks more smartphone friendly, but it fails to deliver simplicity. In a few clicks you can finally navigate to the P2 stats, for example, but I really miss the photo galleries. It seems they have vanished now. I am really starting to use Wikipedia more.

• To me, the fresh wave Russia have been expecting should've come with a new head coach. Voronkov needed to step down after the weak, let's face it, 2014. Still, they miss way too many players now to be judged. We know they are a tough team to beat in Russia, they will probably qualify in the end and make up for some blunders in the early stages, but Voronkov (or his successor) needs a better plan overall to regain the shape from 2013.

Yes, I don't quite fancy this new design, too. They have used the pattern from the 2014 WCH now almost everywhere on their pages. It looks more smartphone friendly, but it fails to deliver simplicity. In a few clicks you can finally navigate to the P2 stats, for example, but I really miss the photo galleries. It seems they have vanished now. I am really starting to use Wikipedia more.

I have found it. There is a match center for each game, you have to go inside the "page" for a game and then there is a photos section. It requires a bit of scrolling, looking and clicking, but it is still there. However, I still find the overall design inappropriate and suitable only for mobile devices.

On a side note, just to continue briefly the discussion we had in the friendly matches threat and because Italy played today, I guess Asics have no new models this year indeed. Italy are using the same kits they used to have last year. Poland also have the same outfit by Adidas, but I guess they won't change it this season because it brings them the WCH 2014 good luck :D

• I'm only now watching POL-RUS, but it seems like Russia finally woke up a little after yesterday's embarassment. :whistle: Looks like it's heading to a tie-break.

As for the BRA-SRB game, Brazil could've won it in 3 with just slightly better reception. Murilo was definitely missed and I don't understand why Lucas Loh wasn't tested more - using Lipe and Lucarelli the entire time is suicide. Lucão + Isac was a good combo and of course it was awesome to see Sérgio back as well :D It took him one game to show how much better than both Felipe and Mário Jr combined he is.

Serbia had good performances from their OHs as I expected, despite some reception errors from Ivovic after a great 1st set from him. I wish Uros played as starter in another team and didn't spend most of the season on the bench in Modena. :aww: Perugia or Verona could try to steal him.