2015 FIVB World League

• Ivan Kostic. I can't say I'm impressed with him, I don't know what Grbic liked about him. If I am not mistaken, he plays in the Serbian league for Partizan, but his sets in the NT are often inaccurate which doesn't make him a trustworthy substitute of Jovovic. We'll see, maybe he needs time.

Jovovic himself is bad enough, so it's not hard to understand that Grbic couldn't find a substitute for him of reasonable quality. :-)

• I would rather have a referee at the video station making the line calls. Hawk Eye looked a little off to me on occasion, and the deformation of the ball has to be evaluated each time.
    To help cut on the time, let's just challenge the action where a point is awarded. In addition, what about stopping the play when an infraction (subject to video check) is noticed and either win the point (video check confirms) or lose it?
    When the video check doesn't give evidence, what solution do you prefer: replay the point or stick with the ref's decision?

Stick with the ref's decision. You're right that Hawk Eye would be off sometimes. That's because they do mathematical modeling to estimate the trajectory of the ball, when the challenge is about the in or out of the court. There're prediction errors. Whether they take into account the deformation of the ball when hitting the ground, and if so, whether they include the estimation of the level of deformation in a model, is an unknown to me.

• I don't quite agree. First, if not him, there's no one else who can win it. Possibly Grebennikov but they rarely give it to liberos.

He was not exceptional today but he did his share. He was huge yesterday when he had to cover for Tillie's absense. He has been clutch all tournament and again he delivered at the end of the third set. If Serbia won it, who knows what would've happened. And I don't agree about his personality. Yes, he is often a show-off, but he is respectful to his opponents and is very popular among the elite volleyball community. By that I not only mean fans but also among players and coaches from other countries and clubs.

About the match and tournament - totally deserved win by France. What a team :obey:

Totally agree. Ngapeth is MVP beyond doubt. In both the matches vs USA and Poland, Rouzier has been struggling for a prolonged period. Ngapeth has been given a lot of difficult sets, especially when Tillie was out of court in the semi. Needless to say, Ngapeth has also contributed a lot in the defensive side.

• What will be interesting is that last year australia received 9th place in world league because they only played group 2 and although they played the final 6 the fivb said they could only finish in a maximum of 9th position. Does that mean this year gets the world ranking points for 9th even though they won. I hope not because that would be stupid. Although the fivb have also been stupid on their decision last year as now they have set a precedent for this. I'm sure the fivb will just do what they normally do and change the rules to suit a specific situation.

• Unfortunately i wasn't able to watch very much of this years final 6. :white:

I saw the the first match between Serbia and Italy and after that, to be honest, i wouldn't have bet a penny on them reaching the final. But that shows again how close most of the elites teams are nowadays and one bad day/one bad decision can cost you dearly. That promises a lot of fun for the tournaments still to come this season (WC, ECH, Olympic qualifier).

Regarding Poland i think they look a bit overplayed now. I really hope Antiga and his staff got their season planning right and that they can present in good shape/physical condition for WC. Both Olympic tickets should go to Europe and looking at Russia/Italy at the moment, thats really far from being a safe bet :obey:.

Still one thing that really annoyed me was Sunderlands commentating on youtube. He clearly has a certain knowledge about the game but his smartassery is really hard to stand at times. A bit less would be really worth more :teach:

And as you guys were talking about statistics here i would like to recommand you to an article i recently came across. Its a recap of the last WCH from a statistical point of view which appeared in a german "Volleyball Magazin". It was translated now by Mark Lebedew and published on his blog.

Here you go: https://markleb1.wordpress.com…-technical-review-part-1/

• Final Standing by FIVB:

1 France
    2 Serbia
    3 United States
    4 Poland
    5 Brazil
    5 Italy
    7 Iran
    8 Australia
    8 Russia
    10 Bulgaria
    11 Argentina
    12 Belgium
    13 Japan
    13 Netherlands
    15 Canada
    15 Czech Republic
    15 Finland
    18 Cuba
    18 Portugal
    18 Korea
    21 Egypt
    22 Montenegro
    23 Slovakia
    24 China
    25 Greece
    25 Spain
    25 Turkey
    28 Kazakhstan
    28 Puerto Rico
    30 Mexico
    30 Tunisia
    30 Venezuela

Australia and Russia on the same place. Who knows, if They won't change the system of Competition, They kick Australia from Top 8.

• Can you give the link? I cant find it on FIVB site.

• Russia and Australia sharing 8th position makes no sence at all:what: Also Netherlads and Canada must be higher placed than Japan.

• Russia and Australia sharing 8th position makes no sence at all:what: Also Netherlads and Canada must be higher placed than Japan.

Hope it's not official... on FIVB I could find only Top 6 :aww: Australia deserved to be higher than Russia - both had the same amount of points, but Australia had one win more :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Hope it's not official... on FIVB I could find only Top 6 :aww: Australia deserved to be higher than Russia - both had the same amount of points, but Australia had one win more :wavy:

For ranking points, they will give Russia and Aussies same ranking points, like 2014 that they gave Bulgaria and Poland same points and rank, but they relegated the team with less points in the group stage. by the way, it is not very important because it is very probable that they increase number of first group teams to 12.

• For ranking points, they will give Russia and Aussies same ranking points, like 2014 that they gave Bulgaria and Poland same points and rank, but they relegated the team with less points in the group stage. by the way, it is not very important because it is very probable that they increase number of first group teams to 12.

Russia will not go down to Group 2, it will be expanded to 12. If they can't stay up with 12 teams (expanding from 8), then they're really screwed.

• Our great (!) role model strikes again.Guess who? :down:
    This time he assaulted dispatcher of Paris-Bordeaux train at Montparnasse station. He asked controller to delay departure of the train to pick up his friend .Because the controller said no, he punched him many times.The SNCF (French railway company) has announced that it has submitted complaint. Ngapeth was taken into custody in the nearest police station but later was released.

This time he assaulted dispatcher of Paris-Bordeaux train at Montparnasse station. He asked controller to delay departure of the train to pick up his friend .Because the controller said no, he punched him many times.The SNCF (French railway company) has announced that it has submitted complaint. Ngapeth was taken into custody in the nearest police station but later was released.

Which is exactly what I meant when I said I didn't want him to win MVP. As player no doubt he deserved it, but I just don't like his attitude. I don't follow men's volleyball closely enough to remember details but the back of my mind says this isn't the first time he misbehaves...

• I have waited.. I waited.. and.. nothing.. no statement..

"If We beat France in Division B Final, We would win 2015 FIVB World League"

• I have waited.. I waited.. and.. nothing.. no statement..

"If We beat France in Division B Final, We would win 2015 FIVB World League"

France beat both Serbia and Bulgaria 3-0, so Bulgaria=Serbia.
    Serbia beat Poland so
    =>Bulgaria>Poland
    Try arguing with this rock-solid logic :D

• France beat both Serbia and Bulgaria 3-0, so Bulgaria=Serbia.
    Serbia beat Poland so
    =>Bulgaria>Poland

hmm.. "if We hadn't bad day almost everyday during 2014 FIVB World Championships, We would win 2014 FIVB World Championship Gold Medal" lol

Why it doesn't surprise me at all, it was just a matter of time when his naughty nature strikes again... I've just read about this. He probably won't even get a proper punishment because what is to pay a fine for a triply awarded guy...

France beat both Serbia and Bulgaria 3-0, so Bulgaria=Serbia.
    Serbia beat Poland so
    =>Bulgaria>Poland

Hahahahahaha you just made my day! :lol:

• and because of such attitude I don't like N'gapeth, though he's among top OHs :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game