2015 Pan American Games - Toronto / Canada - 7/16

• Bitter sweet taste this silver medal for Brazil.
    It was off course a good and kind of a unexpected result, but how it ended up, it's just hard to swallow

Canada and Argentina showed they have a lot to work if they intend to fight for something.
    Canada played hopeless in semifinal, not the kind of attitude needed to suceed, and in somehow made it clear the limitations of this teams. In other hand Argentine displayed well in terms of fighting spirit but lacks power and command. IMO Velasco is confused yet with this team, today his subs made the team lost the rhythm and the team urgently need an OPP, hope they bring back Pereyra, cause depending on Gonzalez and Ramos is like playing knowing the negative outcome.

Brazil despite the final defeat, back home with good perspectives for future, especially with Brandle, Douglas and Murilo ( honestly, i'd take him to RIO ) and Renan as well, even tough i thing he lacks aggressivity.

• I wish they'd won the game, but I'm not really sad about the silver medal (hell, Brazilian fans can't expect anything else these days :gone:). The team as a whole was actually pretty solid, much to my surprise, and there were some really good things to be considered after this Pan.

I'm particularly impressed with Douglas, as always. Even his reception looks pretty good, especially for his age! I can already see a Douglas-Lucarelli OH duo soon :gone: I hope he gets to play as starter often in SESI this next season along with Murilo and Thiago Alves. Murilo Radke didn't play well in the friendlies and everyone always says how bad he is, but I actually really liked him this tournament. I hope he has a good season in Poland and I'd also start using him as sub for Bruno. Renan, Otávio and Brendle are the other ones that need to be with the senior NT more often. Renan is finally showing some progress after playing abroad, which is good to see. These are potentially the players that can fix some things in the senior NT and I hope Bernardinho sees that once for all. Meanwhile, both Maurícios were average at best - the MB in particular was, just like in his season in Taubaté, invisible.

In Argentina, there's not really much to say. Conte and De Cecco saved them with their experience and powerful serves. Gonzalez had a good tournament, but completely disappeared today. Palacios felt the pressure and Zornetta played better once on court. MBs were pretty mediocre, as usual.