2015 CEV U19 European Championship - Ankara / Turkey - 4/4

• One qualification group is playing in Frankfurt/Main. There will be live streams of all matches.

http://euro2015.volleyball-online.com/en/

schedule:
    08.01.: GER – ISR (17.30, m)
    09.01.: BEL – ISR (15.00, m) & NOR – GER (20.00, m)
    10.01.: BEL – NOR (17.30, m)
    11.01.: ISR – NOR (14.00, m) & GER – BEL (19.00, m)

• Well deserved 3-0 victory by Germany over Belgium (27-25, 25-15,25-20: Belgian team 3 points short of qualifying as one of the overall second best, Damn'.

I knew it was going to be a tough game, but I expected a little more from this Belgian team: setter had trouble finding the right balance in distribution (very few sets in middle position).
    Great block-defence by German team, excellent setter, intelligent play overall. Very mature team.
    Curious to see how this team will perform in the upcoming EC.

• Well deserved 3-0 victory by Germany over Belgium (27-25, 25-15,25-20: Belgian team 3 points short of qualifying as one of the overall second best, Damn'.

I knew it was going to be a tough game, but I expected a little more from this Belgian team: setter had trouble finding the right balance in distribution (very few sets in middle position).
    Great block-defence by German team, excellent setter, intelligent play overall. Very mature team.
    Curious to see how this team will perform in the upcoming EC.

I didn't see this coming, after they had real problems against Norway in the last match. But the coaching team made some changes and brought on a
    new opposite (Auste) and an OH who had his first appearance in this tournament (Balster). In the end it was a good mix between rather technical and rather physical players. I liked the setting (Thiel) and defence as well. Really well organized :thumbup:

Btw, Johannes Tille (Setter) and Tim Grozer (16 years, OH) were part of the team as well. They didn't play today but their elder brothers should be
    well known 8)

• 2015 CEV U19 Volleyball European Championship – Men / Final Round in Sakarya and Kocaeli (TUR), April 4-12, 2015.

Turkey (hosts), Russia, France, Czech Republic, Poland, Germany, Bulgaria, Italy and Romania (winners of Pools A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H), Serbia, Denmark, Spain (three second placed teams with the best score across all Pools).

Final Round DOL scheduled for January 15, 2015 in Sakarya at 3pm local time.

• Btw, Johannes Tille (Setter) and Tim Grozer (16 years, OH) were part of the team as well. They didn't play today but their elder brothers should be
    well known 8)

I noticed the name "Grozer" in the German selection, wasn't sure how he related to Georg Jr and Georg Sr. So he is the brother of Georg Jr? Seems like a big difference in age.
    The ressemblence in style between Georg Sr and Georg Jr is incredible. Will be interesting to see how "Tim" will match up.

I found this article about the Grozer's: http://www.rp-online.de/nrw/st…ieder-durch-aid-1.4395471

• he ressemblence in style between Georg Sr and Georg Jr is incredible. Will be interesting to see how "Tim" will match up.

^^
    Probably you saw the senior playing in Belgium, didn't you?
    I already commented on this some weeks ago in the thread "blood relationships":

Blood relationship

• ^^
    Probably you saw the senior playing in Belgium, didn't you?
    I already commented on this some weeks ago in the thread "blood relationships":

Blood relationship

Actually, I've never seem him play live during his "Saxon Torhout"-period (1986-1988 ).

I've seen him play live for the first time 2 or 3 years later, at the annual "Witte Molen Tournament" in december, when he was already playing for Moers.

To give you an idea, check out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Jh3E1v7KiI
    Especially, at 3'15": Grozer gets a poor set on position 4 - too high, too much inside and 3 meters away from the net -> he just takes one step inside, makes his typical huge arm swing and fires an incredible hard ball to the other side to score the point. Seen very few players ever since who can hit a ball like that.

• To give you an idea, check out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Jh3E1v7KiI

:lol:
    Thanks for posting this, how funny.......

But to be on topic again, the draw for the final tournement in Turkey:

Pool A: Turkey, Germany, Bulgaria, Romania, Spain, Tchech Republic
    Pool B: Danmark, France, Italy, Poland, Russia, Serbia

I don't know exactly about the strenghts of the youth teams, but it looks like like a good draw for the host (and Germany coincidentally) :whistle:

• After 3rd day Favourites to Semi-Finals are Poland with Russia / Italy and Turkey with Germany / Czech Republic.

Poland beat defending Champions Russia 3-1 yesterday.

• Russia almost surely out of the semis after a 0-3 fiasco against Italy. They have an easy game tomorrow versus Denmark, but they don't have destiny in their hands anymore. Meanwhile, Bulgaria scored a life-saving 3-0 win versus the Czech Republic. This guarantees them the third position before the match with Spain tomorrow. A win then and a miracle by the home side against Germany might even send Bulgaria in the semis. However, their primary goal should be to make it among the top six, as only such a spot would give them tickets to the WCH.

• I watched almost all matches from Sakarya and level of volleyball isn't great. Last youth ECH in Bosnia and Serbia was on higher level, teams here arent on that technical level as I was expecting. Teams with one extraordinary player like Romania (Aciobanitei) or Czech Rep. (Džavoronok) didn't fulfill expectations, in particular this applies to Romania. Aciobenitei have really good stats but the rest of team is really poor and error prone.

Turkey is a surprise for me. They were 3rd on Balkan championship last year but added Bosnian Lagumžija (OPP) and they look completely different. Spain is missing the best player (Colito) so maybe that's reason for bad results. Germany after surprising defeat to Czechs looked really good, organized team with high team-spirit.. I'm surprised with Bulgaria, they looked quite bad in first 2 rounds but now they are strong contender for WCH

• Today at 16 CET is the match Germany vs.Turkey. Germany needs one point to advance to the semis.

I only watched small parts of some german matches. Germany has some physical strong players like Maximilian Auste (Opp, 2, 04m) and Tobias Krick (MB, 16 years, 2, 11m :white: ) but it seems the team is not solely dependant on them and other players can score as well on their day. On reception, they almost start on 3-meter-line and virtually try to receive every float serve with overhand reception. This might cause troubles when they have to receive good power serves. But we will see. A good result in this tournament would be important, as in the past, german youth teams haven't really set the world on fire.

• I watched almost all matches from Sakarya and level of volleyball isn't great. Last youth ECH in Bosnia and Serbia was on higher level, teams here arent on that technical level as I was expecting. Teams with one extraordinary player like Romania (Aciobanitei) or Czech Rep. (Džavoronok) didn't fulfill expectations, in particular this applies to Romania. Aciobenitei have really good stats but the rest of team is really poor and error prone.

Turkey is a surprise for me. They were 3rd on Balkan championship last year but added Bosnian Lagumžija (OPP) and they look completely different. Spain is missing the best player (Colito) so maybe that's reason for bad results. Germany after surprising defeat to Czechs looked really good, organized team with high team-spirit.. I'm surprised with Bulgaria, they looked quite bad in first 2 rounds but now they are strong contender for WCH

:thumbup:

This is the first time I watch this generation, I didn't know anyone beside Dzavoronok and Tomis' Aciobanitei and, of course, the Bulgarian youngsters, so I cannot say more and appreciate the information. I am optimistic about this Bulgarian generation, there are some good players and the coach is not bad. The only thing I didn't like was Dragan Ivanov's (the head coach) interview prior to departing to Turkey when he stated that his lads are here to win the championship. I found it a bit too cocky and as it turned out they weren't ready from the start. They were close to beating Turkey and I am a bit disappointed they didn't because the game versus Germany on Day 2 would've finished differently. Now it is in Turkey's hands whether Bulgaria will make it to the semis, I don't know if they deserve it more than Germany, the Germans have some spectacular players, too. But I would be glad if Bulgaria makes to the WCH, this should've been the coach's main goal instead of the pompous and not yet realistic aim at the ECH title.

• BUL OPP Parapunov is interesting player.. left handed, strong spikes even from back row.. setter isn't bad also. Romania relies on Aciobanitei and Balean (OPP) but except Aciobanitei they have nothing. I don't believe Turks will calculate, they're full of confidence so Germany have to play the best match here to take 1 point