2015 FIVB Club World Championship - Brazil - 10/27

• well, what to say about this bronze match :rolll:

I have to say that the strongest point of UPCN over the years has been being extremely good at getting out of dire situations.

Too bad they lost Gonzalez (the setter) for this season, with him they could have dream higher at this tournament.

• Unfortunately, I could not find streams for all games so far, so I can't say much about the tournament in details. However, and quite expectedly so, the level is somewhat disappointing. Teams obviously lack chemistry most of the time, national teams' season has just ended and maybe those from South America could've enjoyed slightly more time for preparation. UPCN have 4 Europeans in the starting 7, so I guess their situation is pretty much the same. Some of the players hadn't even practiced with their teammates before arriving to Belo Horizonte, so overall we can not only say this is made obvious on the pitch, but also criticize severely FIVB (again) for the absolute lack of reasoning when scheduling the events till January 2016. We've seen much better performances from both Cruzeiro and Zenit, but at least we can hope for a dramatic final. Cruzeiro is composed of players who had had more time together to prepare for the tournament and yet they were beaten by the individual skills of the Russians. Cruzeiro's game is surely more enjoyable to watch, they play very fast balls, but they seem out of sync at times - certainly not the team we saw 2-3 years ago (for various reasons, including age, lack of new signings, injuries, etc). I think Zenit might even repeat the score from Wednesday evening and will probably win the whole thing for the first time.

• Unfortunately, I could not find streams for all games so far, so I can't say much about the tournament in details. However, and quite expectedly so, the level is somewhat disappointing. Teams obviously lack chemistry most of the time, national teams' season has just ended and maybe those from South America could've enjoyed slightly more time for preparation. UPCN have 4 Europeans in the starting 7, so I guess their situation is pretty much the same. Some of the players hadn't even practiced with their teammates before arriving to Belo Horizonte, so overall we can not only say this is made obvious on the pitch, but also criticize severely FIVB (again) for the absolute lack of reasoning when scheduling the events till January 2016. We've seen much better performances from both Cruzeiro and Zenit, but at least we can hope for a dramatic final. Cruzeiro is composed of players who had had more time together to prepare for the tournament and yet they were beaten by the individual skills of the Russians. Cruzeiro's game is surely more enjoyable to watch, they play very fast balls, but they seem out of sync at times - certainly not the team we saw 2-3 years ago (for various reasons, including age, lack of new signings, injuries, etc). I think Zenit might even repeat the score from Wednesday evening and will probably win the whole thing for the first time.

Russia sport is showing it

• In this 3rd set both teams with many mistakes in service.

Cruzeiro is playing only with MBs and Leal. Walace and Filipe are out of game.

Polotaev is playing so well.

• Sada wont have any chances against Zenit, because they are too dependent on their middles which is hard to use this tactic against a super strongly serving team like zenit, and about last day's match, Sada played good but paykan was terrible, otherwise they couldnt finish it that easy.

What a precise prediction! :whistle: :D

• Sada Cruzeiro won by 3x1 and got its second title in three years

• Sada wont have any chances against Zenit, because they are too dependent on their middles which is hard to use this tactic against a super strongly serving team like zenit, and about last day's match, Sada played good but paykan was terrible, otherwise they couldnt finish it that easy.

any chances at all :whistle:

• What a great suprise :woohoo: :woohoo:

Cruzeiro played a great game. Wallace is not in his best condition, but he helped the team in 3rd and 4th sets.

Leal is a monster :obey: :obey: :obey:

It's too sad that we will never see again Leon and Leal plaing togheter in Cuba. ;( ;(

• Individual awards

1st Best Outside Spiker: Wilfredo León Venero (Zenit Kazan)
    2nd Best Outside Spiker: Todor Aleksiev (UPCN)
    1st Best Middle Blocker: Nikolay Nikolov (Paykan)
    2nd Best Middle Blocker: Alexander Gutsalyuk (Zenit Kazan)
    Best Libero: Sergio Nogueira (Sada Cruzeiro)
    Best Setter: William Arjona (Sada Cruzeiro)
    Best Opposite: Maxim Mikhaylov (Zenit Kazan)
    Most Valuable Player: Yoandry Leal (Sada Cruzeiro)