2015 Hubert Wagner Memorial - Torun / Poland - 8/22

• I worry now about low level of upcoming World Cup in 2 weeks. Did you notice that 1st setters of good teams have some problems/ Travica is not going to Japan, Marouf (angry with his team, angry with coach), Drzyzga (yesterday's leaving game and has broken change board was stupid).

• Could anyone give us a more detailed overview of the tournament? I know it is almost a friendly get-together and results won't matter much. Even Konarski getting the Best Spiker award says a lot about the friendly tournament, but there should've been things to see. True, France's focus is somewhere else. Besides, they played without Toniutti and with Sidibe sometimes. Still, Iran with all players couldn't even take a point ?( , whereas Japan must've taken the event seriously. How did Japan play?

One thing I learned from this tournament is that the Polish team do have competent bench players now. I used to underrate Buszek and I never liked Konarski. However it seems we need to re-evaluate some of the players. I couldn't hide my disappointment towards Kurek for his mediocre performance on the tournament. Fabian showed some serious problems with the middles in the WL this year, which are not yet fixed on the HWM. Bieniek probably exhausted his charm on WL and now that other teams start to aim at him, he really needs to find a way to outclass himself.
    Fortunately I was pleased to see that the bench players showed their capability in this tournament. Mika was injured but Szalpuk continued his good performance from EG. Klos doesn't seem too bad after his surgery. Lomacz is not as good as Zagumny but could be a good supplement to Fabian. And Konarski, to be honest I still do not favor him but he might just be the best choice on this position right now.

Now the question should be, should I worry about those guys on the WCup?

• I think you should worry after the WC if Poland is not 1st or 2nd, they will cumulate a lot of fatigure from it and will come to the ECH in Italy and Bulgaria.

• Guys, no reason to be worried too early. I think Antiga will draw to some conclusions after this tournament. Honestly speaking we usually play a bit like overtired on HWM, experimenting before the bigger challenges coming after. After a hardworking at gym, you know. I would say only Kubiak was fully "conscious" every single minute on the court - donnu, some kind of a super-fuel by virtue of being a captain ;) The rest playing with breathlessness sometimes, Fabian especially. Didn't look good the way he acted in anger, I hope Antiga already has a solution :huh: Cooperation with MBs was quite lost also. On the other hand we have bench players to rescue. I didn't have enough trust in Łomacz, I think it's time to believe a bit more... Szalpuk - genius 8) If he only play more I'm sure he would show MUCH more. No limits of what he can bring to the white-red show.

Weird tournament, generally. Kind of a tradition ;) Japan surprised me, obviously it payed off to play as if you play for the gold every single time - sometimes you can make a really nice result against potentially stronger teams. Iran was completely lack of passion, though it was nice to see Senobar and Manavinezhad (did I write it right?) more in game especially the second one.

At first when I saw individual awards I said: joke joke joke. And then I realised there was no OPP really standing out so jury had the point giving it to Konarski - he came in a hard moment and did the job. Rouzier was doing well in match against us and then he choked somewhere in the middle. Nowakowski - joke. But I stop here 'cause I'm not being objective in his case :gone:

• Guys, no reason to be worried too early. I think Antiga will draw to some conclusions after this tournament. Honestly speaking we usually play a bit like overtired on HWM, experimenting before the bigger challenges coming after. After a hardworking at gym, you know. I would say only Kubiak was fully "conscious" every single minute on the court - donnu, some kind of a super-fuel by virtue of being a captain ;) The rest playing with breathlessness sometimes, Fabian especially. Didn't look good the way he acted in anger, I hope Antiga already has a solution :huh: Cooperation with MBs was quite lost also. On the other hand we have bench players to rescue. I didn't have enough trust in Łomacz, I think it's time to believe a bit more... Szalpuk - genius 8) If he only play more I'm sure he would show MUCH more. No limits of what he can bring to the white-red show.

Weird tournament, generally. Kind of a tradition ;) Japan surprised me, obviously it payed off to play as if you play for the gold every single time - sometimes you can make a really nice result against potentially stronger teams. Iran was completely lack of passion, though it was nice to see Senobar and Manavinezhad (did I write it right?) more in game especially the second one.

At first when I saw individual awards I said: joke joke joke. And then I realised there was no OPP really standing out so jury had the point giving it to Konarski - he came in a hard moment and did the job. Rouzier was doing well in match against us and then he choked somewhere in the middle. Nowakowski - joke. But I stop here 'cause I'm not being objective in his case :gone:

Thanks for the update!

• translation please.

• translation please.

MVP: Kubiak
    Best Spiker: Konarski
    Best Blocker: Nowakowski
    Best Server: Bieniek
    Best Receiver: Ishikawa
    Best Setter: Jaumel
    Best Libero: Zatorski

here You are :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Well, four years ago in 2012 Poland with wild card got 2nd place so what was surprise, in that time players like Bartman, Ruciak, Jarosz were enough... Moreover, four years ago and year ago at WCH Polish NT's strenght was based on another personalities. With having a look at all those years Polish NT changes its squad like people change pants. I don't like it. Every team needs stabilization to be more confident.

What's important to add Konarski after MHJW said "we've done what we should have but with premeditation we didn't show many tactical moves to keep this in secret because we know national teams that will play in World Cup are watching us now with their staff".

• I think you should worry after the WC if Poland is not 1st or 2nd, they will cumulate a lot of fatigure from it and will come to the ECH in Italy and Bulgaria.

Every NT has own main aims in this season. Teams like France, Bulgaria won't participate in World Cup that gives Olympics qualification so your main aim is ECH.
    From Polish side their 1st aim is World Cup and they wanna be in the best shape there, not at ECH but it doesn't mean ECH will be not important.

• The best setter of MHJW isn't in new France NT for next part of this season and Pujol replaced him so it shows us worthless meaning of this. Same as Konarski best attacker.

• Every NT has own main aims in this season. Teams like France, Bulgaria won't participate in World Cup that gives Olympics qualification so your main aim is ECH.
    From Polish side their 1st aim is World Cup and they wanna be in the best shape there, not at ECH but it doesn't mean ECH will be not important.

The point is that if they didn't get place on the Olympics /the worst olympic volleyball tournament ever it will be with the stupid quotas/ they will want to win final here, and after so many matches they will be more prone to injuries and tired.