2015 asian championship 7/31

• 18th asian men's championshipo will be held in Tehran from 31 July to 8 August. First 3 teams plus japan will participate in the asian olympics qualification tournament. they have a beautiful logo, I liked it.
    Edit: First 3 teams won't go anywhere! First 3 teams of FIVB ranking will participate in the Asian qualifier.

• Pools composition:

A: Iran, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Chinese Taipei
    B: Australia, India, Turkmenistan, Qatar
    C: South Korea, Thailand, Pakistan, Oman
    D: China, Japan, Sri Lanka, Bahrain

Edit: Saudi Arabia withdrew, so Oman moved to group 3.

• They changed the decision that first 3 teams of Asian championship would qualify for the Asian qualification tournament for Rio, now first 3 teams of FIVB ranking would qualify. they are Iran, Australia, Japan and one of South Korea and China. As a result, Iran will attend Asian Championship with a B squad.

• They like to change decisions during the cycle, to make everything unpredictable. Good tactics, puts pressure on the bidders in the corruption game 8)

• They like to change decisions during the cycle, to make everything unpredictable. Good tactics, puts pressure on the bidders in the corruption game 8)

Of course. but this format is much better for Iran, Australia and Japan who want to participate in the world cup. now they have more time for rest and preparation after world league. I think this decision was made because of their request. but the result is that Asian Championship would be just a training tournament, the only competitive aspect of it is between China and Korea who want to earn points and qualify for the Rio qualification tournament.

• Iran's roster:
    Setters: Mohamad Taher Vadi, Farhad Salafzoon
    MBs: Mostafa Sharifat, Masoud Gholami, Ali Shafie
    OHs: Hamzeh Zarini (C), Pouria Fayazi, Rahman Davoudi, Mojtaba Gholizadeh
    OPs: Farhad Peirout Pour, Reza Safaie
    Libero: Ali Hossein

I would be thankful if other people who know other teams rosters post it, specially Australia and Japan

• Japanese roster
    Outside Hitters: Kunihiro Shimizu, Yuta Matsuoka, Masashi Kuriyama, Masahiro Yanagida, Yuta Yoneyama, Hiroaki Asano
    Libero: Daisuke Sakai
    Middle Blockers: Yoshifumi Suzuki, Akihiro Yamauchi (Aichi Gakuin Univ.), Takashi Dekita
    Setters: Akihiro Fukatsu, Hideomi Fukatsu

• Is there any live stream or live scores for the tournament?

Live scores: here & here .
    About live streams, national TV broadcasts some of the matches; This is their current program of broadcasting: Friday: China-Sri Lanka, Iran-Kuwait, Saturday: China-Japan, Iran-Kazakhstan, Sunday: Korea-Pakistan, Iran-Taiwan.
    Here is the link but I dont know if it works in foreign countries(It has some problems with the link you should chose sport TV). Unfortunately there is no broadcasting of Australia, but they may do it for the next round.

• What is Australia doing?! they are losing to Qatar! 2-1 for Qatar and in 4th set they are 15-8 behind! I thought they were the main favorite for this tournament

• What is Australia doing?! they are losing to Qatar! 2-1 for Qatar and in 4th set they are 15-8 behind! I thought they were the main favorite for this tournament

Qatar is getting stronger and stronger. The naturalized Players are making the difference. They had 2 month of preperation.

• this is interesting. what is the point for IRN to host this if they are not going to send their A team? obviously FIVB or the asian federation's decision is stupid to not use this tournament to determine who gets to play in the WCup or olympic qualifying.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…s_Volleyball_Championship

surprised that CHN beat JPN, i thought JPN was improving a lot. QAT with their foreign mercenaries is now 2-0.

any listing of squads?

any links to matches?

• This PDF contains the full rosters and programs. the link that I posted above shows 2 matches every day.

• Qatar's roster:
    Milos Stevanovic, Renan Rebero, Suliman Saad, John Chigbo, Ali Asadi, Joao Neto, Ndir Sadikh Ahmed Diab, Hammad Mubarak, Ratrnet Waddie, Ali Yagoub, Ibrahim Ibrahim.

Their setter Stevanovic is Serbian, anyone knows what nationality are others? Specially Rebero and Chigbo. They are 2-0 now in the match against Japan, they are showing the win against Australia wasn't accidental, In additon to hiring a good coach, they've hired good players. :what:

• Qatar's roster:
    Milos Stevanovic, Renan Rebero, Suliman Saad, John Chigbo, Ali Asadi, Joao Neto, Ndir Sadikh Ahmed Diab, Hammad Mubarak, Ratrnet Waddie, Ali Yagoub, Ibrahim Ibrahim.

Their setter Stevanovic is Serbian, anyone knows what nationality are others? Specially Rebero and Chigbo. They are 2-0 now in the match against Japan, they are showing the win against Australia wasn't accidental, In additon to hiring a good coach, they've hired good players. :what:

The moment they beat Australia I tried to find more about the foreign recruits. Unfortunately, even the Internet doesn't help much further. My bet, of course, is that Renan Ribeiro and Joao Neto must be Brazilians, but I guess they are quite unpopular even in their home country. Also, there must be typos in some names. Renan's family name is Ribeiro, John's is Chigbo, he is a MB. I can tell you more about the Serbian Milos Stefanovic; he used to play at my hometown club Neftochimik Burgas (Bulgaria) for a year, the 2010-2011 season. He is a very decent setter, the type that wouldn't have much trouble finding a club in Qatar either. I didn't know he had obtained a Qatari citizenship until last year. Still, he is part of a team that beat Australia and is currently leading 2-1 against Japan, so I guess he has been showing volleyball of no lesser quality there as well.