2015 asian championship 7/31

• what a comeback :dance6: good to see Iran and Japan in final once again :thumbsup:

the problem with this Iran B is their bench players suck big time, I'm OK with starting 7 (even though MBs are not that good) Safaei and Salafzoon have no place in this team, not even in C or D team ! :D

I think Japan is weaker than both China and Australia. but who knows, they had relatively easy opponent (easy for semifinal) here today in Qatar. but Iran B will be probably tired tomorrow, they played the whole tournament with 7 players.

• Sending the B team was just a waste of time, we should have sent a C squad. :D

• only watched end of the JPN x QAT match today. i had before thought QAT was not impressive and today they confirmed my impressions. they do not seem like a cohesive team. JPN vulnerable at times, surprising how bad their passing was (specially at the end of 4th set, i think score was 23-19 for JPN but they won by 25-23 due to bad passing), but their defense was often superb. dekita continues to impress.

KOR went from winning their 2nd round pool by beating IRN, THA and TPE, to playing for 7th place tomorrow.

funny detail, the iranian ballboys are truly children!

• One another foreigner player in Qatar team...
    Ali Asadi is also an Iranian who plays for QAT in this tournament. :whistle:

• Foolish Xie Guo-chen !
    I have no idea to say about him.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Congratulation to Japan! Shimizu helped Japan a lot in the play off round and he deserves to be MVP.

• Best players:
    MVP: Kunihiro Shimizu (JPN)

OHs: Pouria Fayazi (IRN) and Hamzeh Zarini (IRN)
    setter: Hideomi Fukatso (JPN)
    Mbs: Mostafa Sharifat (IRN), Zhang Zhejia (CHN)
    Libero: Daisuke Sakai (JPN)
    Opp: Farhad Piroutpour (IRN)

• First Congrats to Japan, they are a very likeable team. :cup:

Second it's really sad to lose at home. Japan was the better team today with no doubt, but overall they didn't deserve the title. there were better teams than Japan in this tournament, but they were just smarter.

what a tournament for Shimizu :super: he was flawless in knockout round. and this is really funny, they gave him the MVP award still they chose Piroutpour for all-start team :D

as for the Iranian team, I think most of these players have no future in senior team. except for 3 or 4. Vadi, Fayazi and maybe Zarini. Piroutpour had a good start here but he was average against better teams. they could use some bench players from the A team like Ghafour and Senobar, whoever picked these players for B team did a terrible job :thumbdown:

• i have not watched the two matches but… echoing tomen, what a collapse by CHN and i wonder why they still have that coach… i have never seen him with a tablet or laptop or even paper to take notes. he and his team are still doing coaching in the ancient ages…

shimizu can be streaky. he can be hot and then he can make lots of mistakes. but good for him to get MVP. mosi, i think it's possible for him to get MVP not not best opposite, maybe they take into account blocking, aces and leadership, not just kills.

maybe not as impressive as the BRAZ women in london, but similar in that JPN went from 4th place in pool play to winning the whole thing. and KOR went from 1st in their pool to 7th overall.

interesting to see all the new faces, including the JPN OHs (yanagida, kuriyama and asano), and CHN's dai qingyao, who must have been one of the top spikers.

• finally watched the IRN X JPN final. wow, shimizu was a beast, unstoppable, very few errors, and very decisive when it counted.

question for iranian fans (this is not about this match): is it just me or zarini likes to stare at opponents and shout after getting a kill? kind of provocative.

• Is there any HD upload on YouTube? For any game, I want to watch at least one match in which you can actually see the ball. The quality of the "HD" videos is hilarious, besides the screen resolution looks awful as well.

I hope these are not the only videos available. Thanks in advance!

• question for iranian fans (this is not about this match): is it just me or zarini likes to stare at opponents and shout after getting a kill? kind of provocative.

yep, this is his style of celebrating specially when he is upset ! :D and for some reasons he was angry the whole tournament here. (and he mentioned it in all press conferences) these were his first competitive matches after a year and half.

nice guy outside of the court but yes he is sometime provocative during the match.

• i noticed his angry behavior in the match against KOR, and i guess maybe no surprise, since IRN lost… i think it's kind of obnoxious, you know, opponents are not gonna behave nicely if you act like a jerk.

i should watch IRN x AUS next…