2015 AVC Asian Club Championship

• Quarterfinals:

Taichung Bank (TPE) - Korea Armed Forces (KOR) 3-1 (25-18, 25-19, 26-28, 25-17) stats
    Pavlodar (KAZ) - South Gas Club (IRQ) 3-1 (19-25, 25-16, 25-19, 25-21) stats
    Paykan Tehran (IRI) - Migrasiya (TKM) 3-0 (25-21, 25-13, 25-13) stats
    Al-Arabi (QAT) - Beijing BAIC Motors (CHN) 3-0 (25-18, 25-17, 25-22) stats

Semifinals:

Taichung Bank - Pavlodar 3-0 (25-19, 25-18, 25-21)
    Paykan - Al-Arabi 0-3 (23-25, 21-25, 15-25)

Bronze medal match:

Pavlodar vs. Paykan (21 August)

Final:

Taichung Bank vs. Al-Arabi (21 August)

• Someone who follows club volleyball in Asia more closely could give us his vision on how these guys from Chinese Taipei are yet undefeated. Martin Sopko plays for Pavlodar, Osmel Durruthy Camejo plays for Al-Arabi, Georgi Manchev, Yosleyder Cala, and Christian Fromm perform for South Gas, Paykan have some current and former NT players and it is the host team, without any foreign reinforcement, comprised of Chinese Taipei players only, that is a match away from getting the title and perhaps advancing to the Club WCH!

• and Christian Fromm perform for South Gas.

8o
    Obviously they couldn't even provide a shirt in his size :lol:
    Additionally there seemed to be some problems with the refereeing as well. The first scene i watched was when the first referee gave a second yellow card to a south gas`player (second ref reminded him) and in the second scene i skipped to, there was a ten-minutes-discussion about a substitution 8). Not to mention that the hall was empty, i mean REALLY empty.

Hope he didn't get hurt and later can book it under "I was young and needed the money...."

• Dream Team:

S Chinese Taipei - O Qatar
    MB Iran - MB Qatar
    OH Chinese Taipei - OH Chinese Taipei
    L Chinese Taipei

MVP S Chinese Taipei

Curious how many blocks did Chinese Taipei. They are so little Sweeties.

• INDIVIDUAL AWARDS

MVP: Huang Pei-Hung – No.17 Taichung Bank (Chinese Taipei)

Best Setter: Huang Pei-Hung – No.17 Taichung Bank (Chinese Taipei)
    Best Opposite: Camejo Durruthy Osmel – No.17 Al Arabi Sport Club (Qatar)
    Best Outside Spiker 1: Chen Chien-Chen – No.19 Taichung Bank (Chinese Taipei)
    Best Outside Spiker 2: Liu Hung-Min – No.7 Taichung Bank (Chinese Taipei)
    Best Middle Blocker 1: Mohamed Ibrahim Ibrahim – No.16 Al Arabia Sport Club (Qatar)
    Best Middle Blocker 2: Mostafavand Saeed – No.2 Paykan (Iran)
    Best Libero: Lin Yung-Shun – No.16 Taichung Bank (Chinese Taipei)

Taichung Bank (Chinese Taipei) will represent Asia to participate the FIVB Volleyball Men’s Club World Championship 2015 in Belo Horizonte, Brazil from October 27 to November 1 :serve:

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...