Champions League 2009/2010

• this champions league is really crazy!

just 2 things: first...all my respect to Ach Bled's fans! Macerata is, if not the worst, for sure one of the worst italian attendance but the slovenian supporters were great!!

second...go Resovia! now i want you to beat Trento and qualify for the final four! Roeselare made 2 great games but i think their unexperience was the key...

2001: Italian champions beach volley 4x4
    2002: Italian League Serie A2 - Italian Cup Serie A2
    2004: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2006: Top Teams Cup - Italian Cup's runner up
    2007: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2008: Champions league's runner up - Italian league's runner up
    2009: Italian League
    2009: Italian Supercup
    2010: Cev Cup's runner up
    2013: Challenge Cup
    <<We're always with you, and we will never leave you alone!>>

• Trento is the only Italian team in the CHL at this stage of the tournament. Greece has one, Russia has one, Poland has two.

Huantorena is MVP of the match, but Matey is the MVP of the first three sets with 6 pts per set. :bump:

WHat a game for Salparov! :win:

http://www.cev.lu/mmp-cgi/show…ate=p_prj_game_stat&key=0

P.S, The whole team had great reception, like PAO had against Copra :what:

• I believe that Asseco Resovia can fight with Trento. I think thay key will be play of Oivannen and Akhrem.
    Akhrem played with Trento ( Final Champions League 2009) and was the best player of Iraklis in that final. With Trento in Italian League played also Rafael Redwitz (setter of Resovia)
    Very important will be match in Rzeszów. 5000 Audience can support own team.
    Trento must sometimes bad day and it must be in match with Resovia.
    In my opinion the worst position in both teams are middle- blockers and Krzysztof Ignaczak is much better libero than Bari

I don't know why PAO serve on Salparov which have very good reception. It was stupid tactics

• Trento has some advantage with its three spikers, but the midfield blockers are not tall enough to block often well set balls, so if Resovia is good on reception, the better Polish defense and the low level of errors could make the difference at home. However, I think that if two of Visotto, Huantorena and Matey are in good shape for the games, it will be almost impossible to overpower Trento and defeat it in a way that allows for Resovia to continue. I am sure that the games with Resovia will be much harder than with the very good Belgian team of Roselare(?)

• Listen to the stars, Asseco Resovia's setter Rafael Redwitz
    Nearly one week is left for the very much awaited Playoffs 6 of the CEV Indesit Champions League. Asseco Resovia RZESZOW will face Italian star-studded team TRENTINO BetCli that seized last year’s Champions League in Prague and also the FIVB Club World Championship in Doha this past November. The favorite of this duel is clear, at least on paper. However, the Brazilian setter of Asseco Resovia, Rafael Redwitz, believes that his team will not give up until the last rally is played and that another surprise in this edition of the CICL may be possible.

How do you see the chances of Asseco Resovia in the duel against TRENTINO BetClic, possibly the best team in the world?
    It is clear that the Italians are the favorites of this match-up. They are very strong and powerful but they will have to show their strength on the court. On the other hand, we will do our best and will try to present our best possible level. We want to express our strong points and complicate the play of our rivals. Moreover, we want to win this competition. We believe that it is possible. We have a lot of respect for our opponents but we have to remember that they are not unbeatable.

You know TRENTINO very well from the previous season you spent in the Italian League, with the team of Yoga FORLI. What kind of memories can you recall from the games against this team?
    I remember especially the first game against TRENTINO as we played with them, in Trento, the opening game of the season and it was also my debut in the Italian national league. Although we lost 0:3 the game was tough and we presented some good volleyball. The return match in Forli was much worse for us. They had a fantastic team last year with setter Nikola Grbic and receiver Michal Winiarski. There were a couple of changes in their roster in the pre-season. With Osmany Juantorena they are even more powerful in attack. However, it is difficult to estimate whether they are stronger this year. In my opinion last season they had a better reception and they presented a more technical and refined volleyball. Now their play is based on strength and powerful attacks. One thing is certain, if we want to compete with them on an equal basis, we have to display a completely different style of play. This match might be like the semifinal of the 2009 European Championships in Turkey starring France and Russia. If it is going to be only an exchange of the powerful hits and kills, our chances will be much weaker.

There are three Brazilians in (Raphael, Vissotto, Riad) included in their roster. Setter Raphael Vieira de Oliveira and opposite Leandro Vissotto are some of their key players. How much do you know your compatriots?
    With Vissotto we are very good friends. We know each other from the past as we spent some time together on the beach in Rio de Janeiro. Also Riad comes from Rio and I know him quite well. As for the setter Raphael, we are just colleagues and opponents on the court. Of course they are all very special players and I appreciate them very much. It would be nice to meet them and talk a little before and after the match. Anyway I hope that the fourth Brazilian on the court will be victorious (smile).

The competition of two Brazilian setters – Raphael of TRENTINO and Rafael Redwitz of Asseco Resovia - seems to be an additional “flavor” of this duel...
    I can imagine that as we have also similar names. Last year Raphael (playing with Tonno Calippo VIBO VALENTIA) defeated my team twice in the Italian League. I hope that this time my team will win!

Leaving apart the final outcome of the Playoffs 6, the performances of Asseco Resovia were encouraging and promising for a team that just debuted in the Champions League…
    Having qualified for the Playoffs 6, this clearly shows our potential and skills. We have won some difficult and important games, for example against ACH Volley BLED – the team that recently eliminated pre-favorite Lube Banca Marche MACERATA. On the other hand, now we think only about the duel against TRENTINO BetClic. We want to advance to the Final Four in Lodz. We should have confidence in our team. Before the game the chances of each team are equal. We will be fighting until the last ball!

How can you explain the fact that the team which have lost only one game so far in the CICL and that has a chance to qualify for the Final Four is currently only on fifth place in the Polish League standings and in general had a lot of ups and downs in the national competition?
    It is our biggest problem that we are not consistent in the Polish League and that we are not able to maintain our level of play. The difference between our successful games and weaker performances is huge. Maybe it is difficult for us to stay as much focused and aggressive every Wednesday in the CICL and every weekend in the Polish league. Maybe we are not used to that and we still need more experience. It is complicated to find and define one reason but it is definitely something on which we have to work hard in order to eliminate our mistakes and weaknesses in the future.

How important is for you the participation in the CEV Indesit Champions League?
    The European Cups are obviously very special for me as I don’t play in the national team any more and for me the CICL is the biggest and most prestigious competition in which I can take part. For me it is a great opportunity to compete with the best players. I have some previous experience as I played in the CICL with my former club – PARIS Volley - in the 2006/2007 and 2007/2008 seasons. At first we didn’t manage to qualify for the Playoffs but in the second season we advanced to the Playoffs 12 and lost the duel against AS CANNES. Now my dream is to play the Final Four.

What is, in your opinion, the biggest difference between the CEV Indesit Champions League and the national leagues and what do you like the most in the European Cups?
    The most important difference and at the same time the reason that I like the CICL very much is the fact that this competition is full of surprises! I think that the fact that you compete with various teams from different countries makes this competition very exciting. You can not predict anything because you don’t know your opponents as well as any other from the national league. The teams that are facing each other in the CICL are the riddle for themselves. Moreover, in the Playoffs round you face your opponent twice in a very short period and it also makes this competition more open as you can play two excellent games in a row and go further. That is why there are always some unexpected results like ACH Volley BLED eliminating Lube Banca Marche MACERATA in the Playoffs12. My team also wants to show against TRENTINO some classy Volleyball. We are able to cause another major upset in the CICL and I hope we will make it to the finals.

source: CEV

• Trentino-Resovia 3:0 (27:25, 25:18, 25:17). The first set was good, but when Resovia lost it, I knew it would be 3:0. Too bad - I expected something more. Both Resovia and earlier ZAKSA lost their games against Italian opponents in Italy not havin won any set, so the 2nd leg won't be too exciting. :(

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

Edited once, last by Konrad ().

• I am sure that the games with Resovia will be much harder than with the very good Belgian team of Roselare(?)

The result from last night seems to tell otherwise...

• I am not sure anymore which of these two opponents of Trento is stronger, but Trento gained form after the games with Roselare and looks almost unstoppable right now. I was very surprised of this easily taken result which shows that this game is not at all simple :sos:

• Trentino-Resovia 3:0 (27:25, 25:18, 25:17)

Ajjj Resovia....What a pity that u lost. I won't say I expected them to win against Trento, but I hoped that they'll be able to fight with Trentino on a good level... :( Unfortunately only that 1st set was good from Resovia. They had some chances in this set...but unfortunately in the end Trento was just better. After loosing that (1st) set they lost whole match in their heads.
    I just don't understand one thing....why Travica didn't make any substitutions?

• After tonight's game I can surely say that without Matey, Trento can not win a single important set. I am Bulgarian, and it is natural to exaggerate the capabilities of Bulgarian players, but tonight 25-18 with Matey, 26-28 without him, 25-21 after 7th pt with him, 25 - 18 with him in the beginning. Trento players are class and still they can not decide a single game without Matey. It is not only his play or even psychology, it is carma - he made something really good to deserve this fortune :obey:

Resovia showed some amazing defence, but they were on the way of a giant wave, so it is not their fault for losing :)

PS. As opposite, Matey copied some moves of Nikolov, I was positively surprised to see this trade mark from second line :lol:

• without Matey, Trento can not win a single important set.Trento players are class and still they can not decide a single game without Matey.

:obey: :obey: :obey: :obey: :obey:
    deepest true ever written on this forum :)
    trento has no history, no tradition, is a medium team...since they have Matey they're great, but only thank to him

2001: Italian champions beach volley 4x4
    2002: Italian League Serie A2 - Italian Cup Serie A2
    2004: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2006: Top Teams Cup - Italian Cup's runner up
    2007: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2008: Champions league's runner up - Italian league's runner up
    2009: Italian League
    2009: Italian Supercup
    2010: Cev Cup's runner up
    2013: Challenge Cup
    <<We're always with you, and we will never leave you alone!>>

• Copra, good luck against Cuneo, whoever beats it will be good for me. Zlatanov or Nikolov to take the Cup. You know that I respect Cobra and even in this squad they are quite capable of surprises :bump:

• Matej is obviously great, but I personally think that he's een out played a few times by Juantorena.

• Trento was yesterday concentrated even in 2nd, 3rd and 4th set but I know that Resovia could win 3rd set. I don't know why Travica sets stupid tactic. On the court from second set to the end of the game was Mateusz Mika (19 year old reciver). He can't score any point and him reception was awful. Travica changed positions. Akhrem who is reciver played in attack. I don't know why.Resovia has second attacker Papke who played in national team of Poland.
    In first match Travica didn't make any substitutions for players who played weak.
    In Resovia failed key players:
    Akhrem and Oivannen (first match) and again Oivannen in second match. Oivannen has international experience. He plays in national team od Finland. He was the best scorer of World League 2009 but he can't attach with efficency about 20%.

But Trento was absolutely better in this matches and didn't give any chance. This team I think lose in 4four.They can;t win always.

In my opinion in 4 Four:
    1st Place- Skra
    2nd Trento

• In my opinion in 4 Four:
    1st Place- Skra
    2nd Trento

You really believe in this? Skra is the only polish team in FF and yes, I'll support them although they're not my favourite team, but honestly I can't imagine Trentino on 2nd place and Skra 1st. It's almost impossible imho.Trentino play amazing volleyball. Skra is good, actually they're very good, but not good enough to defeat Trento imo. But anyway, I wish them good luck.

• Dinamo Moscow just qualified for the semifinal against Skra in Lodz! They are leading 2-0 in Greece which is enough to guarantee a match against the Polish champions. I know that Skra has a successful recent history record against Dinamo at home, but I would recommend to the fans of Polish volleyball and especially these of Skra to hope they can overcome the Russians first and then consider Trento as a team to beat :)

• Matej is obviously great, but I personally think that he's een out played a few times by Juantorena.

Hei, glad to see you again here :)

Huantorena is beast, he has incredible technique in attack, good jump and serve which makes devastating damage to the opponent's reception. He is young and he had 2 years rest, while Matey didn't have any rest for the last 5 years. This is the reason why he is being used only to decide crucial moments of the matches and Huantorena and the opposite have to score more pts. Matey scores only the minimum pts needed to bring the sets to a good end. Matey is not in 100% form in every game, so he is not making constantly 8 aces in 3 sets like against Monza in the beginning of Seria A1 season, so player like Huantorena can shine alone in most of the moments. I just want to remind you that in both crucial games against Olympiacos Matey was MVP, and his presence (not game, may be his fortune) decided the game against Resovia. Huantorena has 24 serves without errors and 5 aces, Sala has 100% in attack and 14 pts but still they couldn't bring the second set to favorable end for Trento. Stats can be misleading, because volleyball is as much art as it is science, that's the beauty in it :bump: :drink:

Olja, I don't think that SKRA can't beat Trento, they have 2 brilliant receivers now and if all players are in shape, the final won't be like in Doha

• In my opinion in 4 Four:
    1st Place- Skra
    2nd Trento

wishful thinking :roll:
    i would be happy if they will quilify to the final. 1st place is already secure for Trento :P

Anyone can support a team that is winning - it takes no courage. But to
    stand behind a team to defend a team when it is down and really needs
    you, that takes a lot of courage.

• Olja, I don't think that SKRA can't beat Trento, they have 2 brilliant receivers now and if all players are in shape, the final won't be like in Doha

Maybe, but despite of everything I still think that if Skra'll play Trento in the final, they'll finish FF on 2nd place. Skra don't have such strong attack as Trento. Trentino's advantage in attack is huge. And they are(Trentino) not so weak at reception, as many people said.
    If we're talking about reception... :D Skra have 3 great recievers :D Winarski, Antiga and...Bąkiewicz! :D Oh...and something about Antiga...he's obviously amazing player, but he's after surgery, so I'm not sure if he'll be able to help Skra...Anyone know how Stephane is feeling?