Champions League 2010/2011

• Skra brings shame us. They didn't play antything today. No serve. They are sure before mach that they win it if Polsih mentality and psyche. I can't understand how this team like Skra can play weak volley. Knack was better but did;nt show anything good. It was match on low level. Boring. But i poland will be another we will see golden set...

• Skra didn't play bad. The result is pretty close, so was the game

• Skra played awful...I saw almost all their matches in IECL this season, and today was the worst..especially because they played without inspiration and made a lot of unforced errors. Don't get me wrong...Roeselare has a good team this season, I really like the youngster Deroo and their setter Depestele, but they should not be a problem for Skra, if Skra plays on their normal level.

Next week will show us th truth ;)

• Two disappointed results by Polish teams (Jastrzębie lost 3:1 to Unterhaching). But this crazy "golden set" rule give us still chances to qualify. However, it doesn't change, that both Skra and Jastrzębie are in difficult situation and both are forced to win four sets in Poland.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• I understand the result of Skra and the other polish results. It was happen because of the system of competition in the PlusLiga. The Bosses of PZPS are thinking that the Players are Robots. It was very bad decision about the system.

• I watched the first two sets of Maaseik vs the other team. Maan was indeed in good shape and so was Klapwijk (especially serving he had little errors), but WHAT THE FACK @ Poey! I saw him years ago in the Cuban national team, together with Portuondo and Juantorena (who was only 17 back then) and it's nice to see that this generation is showing its talent. Back then he already made some sick angles sometimes and I remember he served Reinder Nummerdor in the face with one of his bombs :) But really the way he played yesterday, I do not know of a better opposite than that (not Omrcen, not Miljkovic and not Stokr). The sick angles he made from, the most horrible sets was just insane. Perhaps it was just the two sets I saw, but I thought that was really impressive. His swing is always somewhat strange, but doesn't seem create any problems for him.

So yeah, as strange as it seems for him to have come to play for this team, if the scouts saw what I saw, I'm thinking that he might have done the right thing after all... because I think any top team should hire him.

Perhaps this was just a good match though? Perhaps he's inconsistent?

• Even better than Nikolov? :whistle:

Poey was the main reason why Roma made it into Seria A1. Played better than Portuondo, although they can't be compared, because of didfferent positions on the field. He was the best opposite of Seria A2, I think. The other reason was Yosifov, I'll have to say :)

• Yesterday i watched ACH and Zenit Kazan. ACH had no chance. They did not play bad but i think they were a little nervous. Zenit Kazan is the best Russian Team in this CL.

And today i watched Roeselare and Skra. I thought Skra would win with no difficult. Roeselare have a good team but Skra has more experience. This game was a good surprise. Verhanneman and Deroo played a great game. Skra could not stop Vlam (7/9 in attack) and Verhelst (6/6 in attack). This is the second season that i see Vlam and i think he deserve a chance to play in better league.

In Skra, i liked Winiarski. He is in good shape right now. Next week everthing can happen. Good luck for Roeselare. But imo golden set will be played for sure.

• Skra didn't play bad. The result is pretty close, so was the game

Actually Skra played really average match......No fighting spirit, no character. Boring game. Roeselare was pretty solid yesterday, but if only Skra has played on their normal level, they would beat Roeselare.
    Jastrzębie...... :down: Have I mentioned something about their chances in F4? I'm sorry, I guess I've lost my mind for a while.

• Even better than Nikolov? :whistle:

Poey was the main reason why Roma made it into Seria A1. Played better than Portuondo, although they can't be compared, because of didfferent positions on the field. He was the best opposite of Seria A2, I think. The other reason was Yosifov, I'll have to say :)

In terms of experience and being able to score the point when it counts, Nikolov is probably better. But in terms of athletic ability he is far superior. And of course that does not make a player, but it has to be said that he doesn't just have the athletic ability, he also seems to know how to use it.

Yeah I used to think Bulgarian middle blockers were shit, but they're doing really great lately.

Nice to hear about Vlam playing so well. Holland produces yet another good middle blocker... but what about a SETTER!

• but if only Skra has played on their normal level, they would beat Roeselare.

Strange kind of reasoning: maybe the level you consider to be their "normal level" is a little overrated. I was in Roeselare yesterday, Roeselare played a great game in block/defense, but they could do better in other areas as well. I think Verhanneman/Deroo only reached their level from the 3th set on. Tuerlinckx played an amazing first set, but after that he made way too much errors. So they had their share of problems to solve and so they did (huge scoring percentage in middle attack).
    I was amazed by the number of errors commited by Skra (serve errors, net infringements).

That said, I think Skra is in a better position to qualify next week: I'm sure they will serve better and that might be enough to take the victory.
    Than again, apparently Roeselare found the right tacktic to stop Wlazly (he was unstoppable at first, but from set 3 on he was no threat anymore).
    So, looking forward to next week.

• In terms of experience and being able to score the point when it counts, Nikolov is probably better. But in terms of athletic ability he is far superior. And of course that does not make a player, but it has to be said that he doesn't just have the athletic ability, he also seems to know how to use it.

Yeah I used to think Bulgarian middle blockers were shit, but they're doing really great lately.

Nice to hear about Vlam playing so well. Holland produces yet another good middle blocker... but what about a SETTER!

Yes, Netherlands have potential to cause trouble, only a Grbic is needed
    I don't know why you thought that our MB are shit. Nikolov and Yosifov are inexeperienced and not so technically good, but if you look at FIVB site and see some World League history, Hristo Tsvetanov and Evgeni Ivanov were more than several times best scorers for the team / in the presence of Nikolov and Konstantinov /, and Gaydarski was best blocker of CL 2006-2007 group stage with incredible amount of points. For example - 23 points in 4 sets against Skra Belchatov with 10 blocks!

• Dante is in Brazil due personal problems :wavy: Tours :obey: :obey: great comeback :super: they didn't exist on field first two sets, Dynamo played great game, even without Dante :what:

Thanks Kaziyski, i did not know that he was here. I hope this is not a health problem with his son like 2 years ago.

• Peter Veresh is very good player. If Grozer played for Hungary, they could pick strong team if we add Domotor Meszaros

• Yes, Netherlands have potential to cause trouble, only a Grbic is needed
    I don't know why you thought that our MB are shit. Nikolov and Yosifov are inexeperienced and not so technically good, but if you look at FIVB site and see some World League history, Hristo Tsvetanov and Evgeni Ivanov were more than several times best scorers for the team / in the presence of Nikolov and Konstantinov /, and Gaydarski was best blocker of CL 2006-2007 group stage with incredible amount of points. For example - 23 points in 4 sets against Skra Belchatov with 10 blocks!

Yeah I didn't mean Tsvetanov, Ivanov and Gaydarski, they were rather strong and consistent, I was talking about Nikolov and Yosifov. I used to think so because of their technique and modest athletic abilities (compared to Bontje and Kooistra), but they're playing great now. What happened to Gaydarski and Bulgarian NT actually?

• I think moscow lost because of the absence of Dante.Markin is a good player but he has no experience and he played badly...If Dante can come back in moscow for the return game I don't see any chance for Tours but if not Tours will qualify because they are very strong outside their home ;)
    About the match in Roeselare I think they totally deserve the victory,they were able to stop Wlazly and made it difficult for kurek sometimes.Skra didn't perform well from the serving line but if you look at the stats they were at their normal level in all the others compartiments...
    I also bet that there will be a golden set in Poland but roeselare has the mix of experience and dynamism to take it ;-)
    I dream Knack could join Noliko in the final sixt =)