Champions League 2010/2011

• What do u think about Fenerbahçe's squad:Marshall,İvan Miljikoviç,Coskoviç,Arslan,Emre,Cem,Serkan,Kemal ..transfers will be continiued.

Is this roster enough to advance to F4?

I think such a roster could make it to Final 4.
    But I think Trento, Cuneo, Belchatow, and Kazan will have stronger roster.
    I also think that teams like Friedrichshafen, Belgorod, Dynamo are legitimate final 4 contenders as well.

Fenerbahçe is going to face a difficulty, they are in a very strong pool. Neither Belgorod, nor Tours, nor Treviso will let them advance in the play-off easily. All these teams have experience at the european level. That might help Tours or Treviso to make it for possible weaker roster. Tours is also likely to have an easy championship (they will have a better team when most of the others french team have less money) they could use it to keep their key players in good shape before IECL games.

I guess that if Fenerbahçe is able to have the team rolling quickly, they will make it to the play-off pretty easily. If they don't and players take some time to play together as a team, they'll be in trouble.

I think that everything is possible for Fernerbahçe. From playing a Final 4 to ranking last in a close pool.

• I still can't understand how could be granted a wild card CKSA Sofia. :?: The scandal which was triggered by fans deserved expulsion from the tournament.

Is it true that matches in Sofia this year's leauge will be without fans?

CSKA without better players, without spectators. There are a few teams which waited for a place in tournament, e.g Resovia with new fantastic players, with great fans and with the place in quartefinals last year.

WTF? X(

• Only first match of CSKA will be without public against Cannes i think . I don ' t think that because of some stupid football hools we bulgarian fans doesn ' t deserve our champion to play in ECL . We have good team with quality players young and perspective like center Teodor Todorov , Boiko Bonev , Vladsilav Alexandrov , Georgi Manchev and some very experienced players like Nikolai Ivanov , Evgeni Ivanov , Ivailo Stefanov , Daniel Peev and national libero Teodor Salparov and of course Philip Mayo . This is the current situation in Bulgaria the biggest volley clubs in our country have names of football teams like CSKA , Levski , Slavia and their football fans go to volley matches . We don ' t have special volley public especially in Sofia so we volley fans must to suffer them because our biggest public is in Varna when play national team . So i think that Bulgaria is world volleyball power and deserves a place in the biggest club tournament . I hope so that this year these drugged bastards will stop to make problems . I categorically hold on my position that Bulgaria deserves a place in ECL not less than teams from Serbia , Montenegro and Czech Republic for exemple .

• will laola1tv again cover all champions league matches this chamions league season??

• Fenerbahce (mens) cannot compete with better teams because they need younger and at least one real tall and dominating hitter away from becoming a champ in the European stage. Women on the other hand will win all of the above this year even without Gamova. I am also hoping them to be undefeated the entire season LOL

• Fenerbahce (mens) cannot compete with better teams because they need younger and at least one real tall and dominating hitter away from becoming a champ in the European stage. Women on the other hand will win all of the above this year even without Gamova. I am also hoping them to be undefeated the entire season LOL

I think Ivan Miljkovic is a fairly dominant hitter and so is Marshal. Or do you mean, one MORE strong hitter? Coscovic is pretty strong as well actually. What do you mean by younger? Since when is age been a factor? I mean it's not like they're 50. Experience is very valuable I think.

• anyone an idea how strong Dinamo Moscow and Panathinaekos are ? (they're in the group of my favourite team Roeselare)

• anyone an idea how strong Dinamo Moscow and Panathinaekos are ? (they're in the group of my favourite team Roeselare)

Dinamo have some names missing (like Berezhko, Volkov and Poltavsky), so maybe they are just a bit weaker compared to last year's team. However, they have a slight advantage of winning the pool ahead of PAO and Roeselare IMO, they started relatively well the Russian championship, I think they will 95% sure qualify to the next round of the Champions league. There are many problems in Panathinaikos, on the other side. I am curious to see their roster tonight, the club, and all Greek clubs in general by the way, face severe financial difficulties, so they practically have nothing more to lose in this tournament. If Castard and Yordanov remain despite the crisis, the team will have equal chances with Roeselare to qualify. PAO is leading the Greek league standings, so I don't think Panathinaikos will give up without fighting.

• Dinamo have some names missing (like Berezhko, Volkov and Poltavsky), so maybe they are just a bit weaker compared to last year's team. However, they have a slight advantage of winning the pool ahead of PAO and Roeselare IMO, they started relatively well the Russian championship, I think they will 95% sure qualify to the next round of the Champions league. There are many problems in Panathinaikos, on the other side. I am curious to see their roster tonight, the club, and all Greek clubs in general by the way, face severe financial difficulties, so they practically have nothing more to lose in this tournament. If Castard and Yordanov remain despite the crisis, the team will have equal chances with Roeselare to qualify. PAO is leading the Greek league standings, so I don't think Panathinaikos will give up without fighting.

Castard left yesterday for good, and also coach resigned but he was asked to be here with the team today in CL. It is roumored that if he leaves Yordanov is going also, so PAO is near to collapse. Funny thing is that such PAO had match point vs Dinamo today, where Dinamo coach prooved himself as world class clown. After 2:0 he benched all best players, and then returned them in the middle of set 4 when momentum was way gone, and he deserved to lose a game to already dead PAO. Hats off :lol: :obey: :obey: :obey: :obey: :aww:

• Castard left yesterday for good, and also coach resigned but he was asked to be here with the team today in CL. It is roumored that if he leaves Yordanov is going also, so PAO is near to collapse. Funny thing is that such PAO had match point vs Dinamo today, where Dinamo coach prooved himself as world class clown. After 2:0 he benched all best players, and then returned them in the middle of set 4 when momentum was way gone, and he deserved to lose a game to already dead PAO. Hats off :lol: :obey: :obey: :obey: :obey: :aww:

As a matter of fact, I read about it today in our sports media, but I wanted to see it first to believe it because often they publish unconfirmed information. Unfortunately, this one has been proven right. PAO registered only 11 players for the CL, today they were 10, imagine what will happen if the coach and Yordanov leave as well...

Otherwise, both teams are ages away from their strongest years, Dinamo is by far the weakest Russian representative this year, the difference between them and Zenit, which we just saw, is a big one! It was surprising to see Dinamo just stop the inertness they had from the second part. Greeks, on the other side, are known to be fighters despite the crisis, their comeback to the game was helped by a relatively great Yordanov tonight and it's not at all unexpected that they played 5 sets. IMO the setter Gens is not a good one, but with all the problems in Greece he might have been the only choice, he made way too many mistakes. I am curious what roster PAO will have for the next games and how they will overcome the crisis, it's rumoured that there is money only for football and basketball in Panathinaikos, volleyball seems to be suffering..

If everything goes normal, Zenit should have no problems reaching the F4, they are truly impressive!

• PAO - Dynamo is probaly the worst match I've ever seen in CL :sos: that was antivolleyball, replay of this match should be buried and never shown again :aww: PAO is in deep crisis, no quality at all. Dante is 60-70% of Dynamo team, they're pathetic without him. Yakovlev :lol: incredible fact is Poltavsky was his replacement :cheesy: he is volleyball doctor for him. Grankin was also bad, made some incredible errors.. Kazakov is for pension not serious volleyball :drink:

LiQuiDo

I know Roeselare changed team a lot but they must advance from this circus group :whistle:

• IMO we have three favorite teams this year. Trentino, Cuneo and Zenit Kazan.

I watched Dinamo today and i didn't like it. Dante can help a lot this team but i dont think only Dante will be enough. I dont know why they didn't hired a great Opp.

About Fenerbahce, i think they have great players, but i need to see if they will work as a team. I hope they can get to final 4.

Skra is always a mystery. If Wlazly, Winiarski and Kurek can play without any physical problem, they can beat any team. Last season, Winiarski could not help because of his injury. I really hope he can play again like some years ago, when he was in Trentino.

About Panathinaikos, it's sad that they will lose Yordanov. He is a great Opp. Anyone know where he will play if he really leaves PAO?

The only good thing about this crisis in Greece is that maybe some greek players will have more opportunity to play, and it would be nice to NT.

• Treviso is happy after vying match

European Champions League Men Pool E match, Fenerbahce (TUR) hosted Sisley Treviso (ITA) in TVF 50.Yil Sports Hall on November 17th, Wednesday. There were 1320 spectators. Sisley Treviso won the match 3-2.

Fenerbahce built a new team for the achievement in European Champions League, now they were facing their primal fear, Italian giant Sisley Treviso. Experienced Azzuri had a better start, broke the defense of Istanbul staff but locals did not give up with Leonel Marshall and Ivan Miljkovic, controlled the rival in technical time outs 7-8 and 15-16, then increased the tempo to 18-16 via sevices of middle player Emre Batur, guest team stopped the game. When Alessandro Fei made an ace at 23-24, the first set was going to Italian team 23-25.

1320 supporters were singing victory songs for home team, and they had not stopped from the beginning of the game, thus Fenerbahce moved ahead in the first tech time out 8-7. As Alessandro Fei hit the ball to antenna, local heroes reached to 12-10. Passionate supporters spirit up the players on the court, Fenerbahce was playing more confident 17-13. Approaching to end, Serbian middle player of Fenerbahce, Anrija Geric made three kill blocks, nothing could stop yellow dark blue thunder then, set quickly ended 25-20.

Serbian star Ivan Miljkovic was dominating the game in the third set, setter Arslan Eksi contributed him effective sets and powerful services, host blew so fast when the second break comes at 16-13. It was 22-17, but locals did not continue like they did before, Treviso managed to come closer at 24-23, Italian legend Samuele Papi blocked Ivan Miljkovic 24-24. A vying rally was ended with Miljkovic’s back court attack, but it was too wide 24-25. The shortest man of the court, French setter Pierre Pujol blocked Croatian spiker Tomislav Coscovic, guest team got the set 26-28.

Even though Fenerbahce was out of morale after third set, all the players believed they could win, put everything on the floor and got the prize with 4 point difference 11-7. Ivan Miljkovic pull his team up, Fenerbahce arrived to second break at 16-12. Scoreboard was changing because of the mistakes of both teams, seemed that less error holder would win the game, Fenerbahce provided 22-17 once again, however Treviso was following like they did in previous set 22-20. Although Fenerbahce coach Gyogy Demeter used his back up players, Italians caught up the Turks at 23-23. Ivan Milkovic’s attack was followed by Samuele Papi’s spike mistake, home team extended the game to fifth set 25-23.

Crowded at hall was so happy, they were about to beat an Italian giant, began perfect to last set 3-0, however Alessandro Fei was helping so much, Treviso came back 6-6. In this moment, Fenerbahce setter Arslan Eksi was injured, replaced by 36 years old Burak Yavuz, so that courtside was changed at 6-8. Italian team set up better blocks to stop Istanbul thunder, made 7-11. When Burak Yavuz the short setter turned back side, Fenerbahce used the advantage and show an enormous effort 11-12, but Miljkovic was caught by high block 11-13. Another error of Leonel Marshall made 11-14 for Italians, Alessandro Fei blocked Miljkovic once again and match over 11-15. Treviso won 3-2.

Ivan Miljkovic (SRB) of Fenerbahce was the best scorer with 28 points.

FENERBAHCE-SISLEY TREVISO: 2-3 (23-25, 25-20, 26-28, 25-23, 11-15)

Fenerbahce trainer Gyorgy Demeter commented the game as, “We lost due to third set. If we had won that set, we would have got the match. Opponent have a wide squad and they had an opportunity for using all players. Our setter’s injury broke our game.”

Team Captain Arslan Eksi said that, “We might have won this match but referee decisions affected us so much. There was a cramp on my leg in the fifth set, so I had to leave the game. We must recompense this game because we had to win.”

Guest team coach Roberto Piazza, “We played against a strong team today. We might have won the match in the fourth set like like we did in third set but I think my players did not believe this. Setter alteration of Fenerbahce helped us. I have never watched Fenerbahce before but I know they knew my team. This group is the hardest one in Champions League.”

Sisley Treviso Captain Samuele Papi told that, “We knew this match is very important and difficult. Fenerbahce is really good team. Every match in this pool will be very tough. I am so proud of playing in front of such crowd.”

FENERBAHÇE-SİSLEY TREVİSO: 2-3

Hall: TVF 50. Yıl

Referees: Huhtaniska, Ahti (FIN) Marin, Nicolae Romeo (ROU)

Fenerbahçe: Marshall xxx, Geric xxx, Miljkovic xxxx, Coskovic xx, Emre xx, Arslan xxx, Serkan (L) xxx, Burak xx, Kemal x, Cengizhan x

Sisley Treviso: Maruotti xxx, Bjelica xxx, Fei xxxx, Horstink x, Bontje xxx, Puyol xxx, Farina (L) xx, Papi xxx, Kovar xx, De Togni x, Boninfante x

Sets: 23-25, 25-20, 26-28, 25-23, 11-15

Time: 124 minutes (25-24-32-27-16)

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• What an amazing day for the Champions League, all the games seem interesting, the ones that I watched definitely were :thumbsup: A fiasco for CSKA, their main problem is the away games attitude, apart from Portuondo no one else impressed tonight.. They registered the worst defeat among all the participants so far, a truly disappointing performance indeed, but we'll wait for the next games. Unfortunately, but quite deservedly, we will have an empty hall against Cannes next week, which might be crucial for the overall result..

I have a question to my fellow Russian users, or anyone who could possibly give me an answer. Why the hell is Alejandro Spajic not registered for the CL, besides, what is happening to him, I could find no information about that, and most importantly - why did Gennadiy Shipulin lose the game so stupidly against Tours? All my due respect to Tours, unbelievable motivation from their side, great Redwitz (!especially him!), Ngapeth and David Konecny, but Belgorod could have won that game before the tie-break.. What bewilders me is why Shipulin let all the starting players on court in the middle of the first set, after being 10-16 back, and then kept rotating the squad throughout the whole game.. I know Kosarev is injured, there are obvious problems in the middle with the youngsters, Muserskiy played as an opposite instead of the mediocre Dineykin, but this team is still capable of much more, and to me this defeat is more to be blamed on Shipulin! But a great match though, Tours has all the potential to qualify for the next round!

I strongly recommend watching Teruel vs. Cuneo if you missed it, an amazing game, I hope someone has recorded it!

• Remat ZALAU - Skra BEŁCHATÓW 0:3 (23-25,21-25,18-25) Skra realised the plan and had only few problems against Romanian champion

Jastrzębski Węgiel JASTRZĘBIE - ACH Volley BLED 1:3 (22:25, 21:25, 25:21,26:28

And Jastrzębie... More shame than joy in CHL. Again...

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D