Champions League 2010/2011

• Better than decent, with 202 cm MBs and not very good opposite, he beat team with better setting, better middle blocking and spiking, better defense and better serve overall. And did it without strong blocking!

• fantastic player i love watching him too bad he is not playing for any NT , Osmany and Leon would make unstopable duet in Cuba NT :whistle:

I would love to watch Juantorena in Cuba NT too. Juantorena was MVP last year, and this happens again this years. I have no words to describe him. He is the best male player atm. A team with Juantorna and Kaziyski will always be favorite. Two great OHs, they had more than 60% in attack. :obey:

• Juantorena! :obey: He's unbelievable! :super:

• Everybody sees the spectacular serves and counterattacks of Huantorena and no one sees that every spike of Kaziyski is key point - against the triple block after bad reception, And he is still the best spiker!

• Congratulations, Trentino. Third European title in the row is an impressive achievement.
    They are not my beloved team, but they have been the best in the latest seasons. No one can deny...

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Congs. to Trentino, u r still the best :super: result was not suprising.

• They are not my beloved team, but they have been the best in the latest seasons. No one can deny...

Tell that to Copra :P

• Individual Awards

MVP: Osmany Juantorena Portuondo (CUB/TRENTINO BetClic)

Best Blocker: Alexander Abrosimov (RUS/Zenit KAZAN)

Best Libero: Andrea Bari (ITA/TRENTINO BetClic)

Best Receiver: Peter Veres (HUN/Dinamo MOSCOW)

Best Scorer: Maxim Mikhailov (RUS/Zenit KAZAN)

Best Server: Sergey Tetyukhin (RUS/Zenit KAZAN)

Best Setter: Lloy Ball (USA/Zenit KAZAN)

Best Spiker: Matey Kaziyski (BUL/TRENTINO BetClic)

• Ok pals, I beg you all your pardon :wall: Bad mistake :wall:

Should have known, Hristo Stoichkov also played in Italy, in Parma F.C. in 1995-96

:wavy:

• Ok pals, I beg you all your pardon :wall: Bad mistake :wall:

Should have known, Hristo Stoichkov also played in Italy, in Parma F.C. in 1995-96

:wavy:

What mistake?

What an ugly cup btw

• I don't like the cup either. The design is... odd :huh:

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• I don't like the cup either. The design is... odd :huh:

They let some retarded artist have their way with it.

• OK, I don't understand the comments about Stokr this time. You have to admit that against Zenit in the final Stokr probably made the best game he ever played for Trentino or any other club he has been a part of. Remember how many times he sent bombs over the net and got almost no blocks against him.. I also like Sokolov, he's better at this age than Stokr was, he has a great future ahead, but this time I didn't understand why Stoychev sent Stokr on the bench since the Czech was very consistent in his performance throughout the whole final game. We already discussed his problems, the lack of solid international experience, also being the weakest opposite of Trentino lately (because of the gaps Nikolov and Vissotto left), but, guys, seriously, Stokr impressed me against Zenit, he showed that he is still a world class player and this time I can't agree with the critics against him.

Another totally deserved MVP award for Juantorena helping Trentino in moments when Kaziyski got blocked. On the other side, a great disappointment by Mikhaylov. It's amazing how this guy always leads his teams with a double-digit number of points, but we saw that he could break in decisive moments when the team needs him. He was poor vs. Trento, maybe the pressure he was facing or his young age prevented him from really shining in this final. Priddy also underperformed in attack a bit, had he and Mikhaylov played more convincingly, with the help of Abrosimov Zenit was going to take it.

Btw, totally agree about the cup design. The glass trophy the winner used to receive in the previous seasons was not the perfect one either, but at least was symbolic for the tournament itself and looked better than this year's one!

• I thought that Stoychev replaced Stokr, because he started to make errors

• I thought Stokr played just fine as well. But Sokolov did as well, so I didn't really matter. Perhaps it was to give sokolov a taste of the big stage.

• A "golden set" is an other, quite controversial format. Even Lloy Ball criticised him.

- Very format of the "golden set" is a splendid solution and certainly he will survive. Certainly we won't implement rivalry to two victories, mainly for financial reasons. However we will be thinking how to improve the current system. He is one of ideas, in order before every consecutive phase to draw the host of the first duel, not being influenced by an order from the earlier round. Perhaps other solution, associated with scoring matches as similarly as in the group phase will still be. We will see.

Andre Meyer.