Champions League 2010/2011

• Jastrzębski Węgiel JASTRZĘBIE - ACH Volley BLED 1:3 (22:25, 21:25, 25:21,26:28

And Jastrzębie... More shame than joy in CHL. Again...

Is it shame to loose a game to CL final 4 team??? I don't think so, 6th placed team of polish championships isn't supposed to beat team like Bled and i see this result perfectly normal ;)

• All my due respect to Tours, unbelievable motivation from their side, great Redwitz (!especially him!), Ngapeth and David Konecny, but Belgorod could have won that game before the tie-break.. What bewilders me is why Shipulin let all the starting players on court in the middle of the first set, after being 10-16 back, and then kept rotating the squad throughout the whole game..

Well the 10-16 in the first set was more the consequence of a bad start (0-3 then 3- 8 ) than anything else. If you begin to change the whole lineup after 10 points because the lineup you supposed the best is having a difficult start, you won't go far in coaching !
    Also his coaching proved to be not so bad since his team made a strong comeback on his opposite/setter switch. His only mistake might have been to start with Bagrey in place of Sintini, because if he wanted to use the opp/setter switch he wasn't able to replace Bagrey by Sintini.
    Overall, I think the main reason of Belgorod's poor start is that their blockers needed some time to adapt to Tours's spikers and Redwitz's play. Take blocks away from Belgorod and the team lose in straight sets against almost any IECL team! *
    Once they figured out how to block Tours's spikers (half a set), they were able to keep pace with Tours and the game was completely changed.

You say that Belgorod could have won before the tie-break. That's right.
    But so did Tours. In the second set, at 26-25 and David Konecny ready to serve, Sintini made a mistake (not in the zone before replacing Dineykin). So that Belgorod had to play the point without a setter on court. Of course Belgorod complained about this, delaying the game for 1min30 sec. The referees were very, very kind not to give a yellow card to Shipulin. I'm pretty sure he would have gotten one if it had not been a set point. Tours also served poorly in the end of the set (2 mistakes from Ngapeth and Konecny and not any other player putting Belgorod receivers in trouble) therefore giving up any chance to win this very tight set.
    In most of 5 setters situations, you will find out that if a little something had been different, both teams could have win the game before the tie-breaker. That's simply because the teams are very close from each other, and in a tight game a little something can change a lot.

* Of course this sentence is stupid, because if you take blocks away from any IECL team, it will lose badly. But Belgorod's play is more relying on blocks than most of the other team's.

You say that Belgorod could have won before the tie-break. That's right.
    But so did Tours. In the second set, at 26-25 and David Konecny ready to serve, Sintini made a mistake (not in the zone before replacing Dineykin). So that Belgorod had to play the point without a setter on court. Of course Belgorod complained about this, delaying the game for 1min30 sec. The referees were very, very kind not to give a yellow card to Shipulin. I'm pretty sure he would have gotten one if it had not been a set point. Tours also served poorly in the end of the set (2 mistakes from Ngapeth and Konecny and not any other player putting Belgorod receivers in trouble) therefore giving up any chance to win this very tight set.
    In most of 5 setters situations, you will find out that if a little something had been different, both teams could have win the game before the tie-breaker. That's simply because the teams are very close from each other, and in a tight game a little something can change a lot.

Don't get me wrong, Tours totally deserved this victory based on Belgorod's performance, I can only congratulate your team on this :thumbup: What I couldn't figure out really were the weird decisions by Shipulin, I meant that had he started with Sintini, Dineykin and Muserskiy together, they might have won the first set, but I can't, of course, be sure with that! It's just guessing... Also, I couldn't understand why the referees didn't allow the double substitution when Sintini was left out and the MB was supposed to set to Khtey.. About the yellow card, there's no doubt, Shipulin deserved it!

Last, EVERY Russian team strongly depends on blocking, if the MB-s don't have a good day, Russian teams (even NT) normally lose! Belgorod block was good yesterday, but I said the reasons IMO for their defeat.. Even though yesterday the young Shamli and Smolyar, who both don't play often if not at all, made a relatively good CL debut, it's normal for them to need time to adapt to Tours game, they are both inexperienced, that's why I said that if Muserskiy were in the middle, the score might have been different.. but we'll never know :) I liked Tours yesterday! IMO they are better than last year!

• Any one see Bontje's "Serve" in the 5th set? I almost choked on my food with laughter

• Is it shame to loose a game to CL final 4 team??? I don't think so, 6th placed team of polish championships isn't supposed to beat team like Bled and i see this result perfectly normal ;)

No, it is not the shame to loose against Bled. It is shame to play like
    Jastrzębie in CHL - weak, with no character etc. It was like that last
    year and it looks we have the same situation this season. It seems, that
    playing in Champions League is more a sad and unpleasent obligation
    than privilege for Jastrzębie. Maybe they just should give back their
    place in CHL to some other team? :roll: It is really painful to watch them struggeling...

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• What I couldn't figure out really were the weird decisions by Shipulin, I meant that had he started with Sintini, Dineykin and Muserskiy together, they might have won the first set, but I can't, of course, be sure with that! It's just guessing... Also, I couldn't understand why the referees didn't allow the double substitution when Sintini was left out and the MB was supposed to set to Khtey.. About the yellow card, there's no doubt, Shipulin deserved it!

Muserskiy did well as an opposite. Most probably better than Dineykin would have done if he had played the whole game. (He did not score a single point from a spike despite playing in the front row most of the time ! )
    Having Muserskiy as a MB (which mean benching him half of the time) would probably have reduce Belgorod's spiking power (but like you it's just a guess). Overall, I think that was a pretty smart move from Shipulin. (and at least an unexpected one)

About the double substitution, Sintini was not ready (not in the zone) as was Muserskiy. So Muserskiy was allowed in but Sintini wasn't. Both players should have been ready to enter the court in order to perform the substitution without delay.

• I have a question to my fellow Russian users, or anyone who could possibly give me an answer. Why the hell is Alejandro Spajic not registered for the CL, besides, what is happening to him, I could find no information about that

He isn't a player of Belgorod anymore. Contract was dissolved before first game of Superleague.

• Any one see Bontje's "Serve" in the 5th set? I almost choked on my food with laughter

Yes, it was embarrassing. :rolll: :down:

Yesterday i watched 3 games and all was awsome.

Trentino and Friedrichhafen was a great game. Trentino without Juantorena is not so strong. The same thing when Kaziyski dont play. Friedrichshafen lost a good chance to win and it will be hard for them to be in next phase. Tichacek for me is a great setter. I dont know why he never had opportunity to play in a better league. Lukas Bauer (MB) played so well with 83% in attack (20/24). Trommel was the only one who did not play well.They had no luck to be in a group with Trentino and Skra.

ACH Volley Bled played a nice game. I think they will not have problems in this group. It's nice to see a young team playing so nice and with players from Slovenia. Sket is a good Opp, but needs more power in attack. Why Igor Yudin is not playing??

The last game i watched was Roeselare and Hypo Tirol. Sam Deroo is only 18 years and looks like he will have a nice future. The problem of Roeselare is MB. I dont think Celitans and Verheslt r good enough.

• Why Igor Yudin is not playing??

He is injured. If he was fit, Gasparini would be probably only a substitute.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Castard left yesterday for good, and also coach resigned but he was asked to be here with the team today in CL. It is roumored that if he leaves Yordanov is going also, so PAO is near to collapse. Funny thing is that such PAO had match point vs Dinamo today, where Dinamo coach prooved himself as world class clown. After 2:0 he benched all best players, and then returned them in the middle of set 4 when momentum was way gone, and he deserved to lose a game to already dead PAO. Hats off :lol: :obey: :obey: :obey: :obey: :aww:

Panathinaikos has for sure some financial problems but Yordanov will stay in the club.They did not want to keep Castard because of his poor performace....The club is searching for a new outside hitter.On the other hand Panathinaikos don't owe a cent to Yordanov!Bobi said this thing because some greek players are not paid just like the coach(who brought him to the team).In my opinion must be more professional.And i would like to ask him why all this summer was waiting Panathinaikos offer and did not choose Budva or Korea with much better offers???Just because he knows that the lifestyle here is better than other places and he knows that he will not loose his money.I just can not understand why some athletes try to make a mess some clubs this difficult moment..

• Panathinaikos has for sure some financial problems but Yordanov will stay in the club.They did not want to keep Castard because of his poor performace....The club is searching for a new outside hitter.On the other hand Panathinaikos don't owe a cent to Yordanov!Bobi said this thing because some greek players are not paid just like the coach(who brought him to the team).In my opinion must be more professional.And in would like to ask him why all this summer was waiting Panathinaikos offer and did not choose Budva or Korea with much better offers???Just because he knows that the lifestyle here is better than other places and he knows that he will not loose his money.I just can not understand why some athletes try to make a mess some clubs this difficult moment..

As far as I understood Yordanov was about lo leave the club if the couch, who brought him in the club - leaves, no?
    The couch was not paid, not Bobi himself, or??? ?(
    Is it clear now who stays and who leaves?

Bobi made a lot of mistakes in the match with Dinamo and got blocked many times, though.... :(
    This is a very difficult financial situiation for Greek clubs...

• Oh, and I forgot to mention how poor the CSKA peromance was... :down:
    Gee, this guys had no serve, no block, no spikes :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: and indeed zero deffence... :cheesy:
    The lost isn't so important IMO, but the pathetic game they show is :down: :down: :down: ... :aww:
    If they want to play in the next year for the Champions league they must do something!!!! :evil:

• As far as I understood Yordanov was about lo leave the club if the couch, who brought him in the club - leaves, no?
    The couch was not paid, not Bobi himself, or??? ?(
    Is it clear now who stays and who leaves?

Bobi made a lot of mistakes in the match with Dinamo and got blocked many times, though.... :(
    This is a very difficult financial situiation for Greek clubs...

They will both stay as i know.The financial situation is the same in a lot of clubs of european community.That's why a lot of players decided to leave Greece and went to Russia and Turkey.Just like Dante,Milkovic,Ball,Stanley,Agamez.The same thing happened in Italy.I don't think Yordanov could find a better offer in France,Spain,Germany or Belgium for example.And for sure could not stay in Bulgaria.There is no economical crisis only in Greece this moment...

• They will both stay as i know.The financial situation is the same in a lot of clubs of european community.That's why a lot of players decided to leave Greece and went to Russia and Turkey.Just like Dante,Milkovic,Ball,Stanley,Agamez.The same thing happened in Italy.I don't think Yordanov could find a better offer in France,Spain,Germany or Belgium for example.And for sure could not stay in Bulgaria.There is no economical crisis only in Greece this moment...

It is for sure problematic everywhere. I think indded volleyball is in financial crisis. For example it was said (not sure how true it is, though) that PAO are somehow managed the budgets for the foothball and the basketball teams, but cut it for the volleyball. Hope it won't happen.
    And for example the Chanpions league losts its major sponsor - Indesit :( . Lets hope we will watch a high class volleyball despite the problems...

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

• PGE Skra Bełchatów vs Itas Diatec Trentino 3:0 (31:29; 25:18; 25:22)
    :what: :what: WOW!!! I'm really shocked! Yeah I predicted 3:0 score...but for Trento! :lol: Holy shit! It was really awesome match by Skra! They were better than Trentino in every aspect of game! I donnu what to say! It was superb performance by Bełchatów! No words for them! Wooow....I'm really in deep, deep shock :D It was pleasure to watch u Bełchatów! Thanks! :drink:

• CSKA won, Trento lost - Sasho Popov for our new national coach :lol:

• Olympiacos Piareus vs Jastrzębski Węgiel 2:2 so far....oh guys, please beat them! Olympiacos led 2:0, but Jastrzębski managed to win next 2 sets and now it's 2:2. Please guys let's win this match!!! :thumbsup:

• Olympiacos Piareus vs Jastrzębski Węgiel 2:2 so far....oh guys, please beat them! Olympiacos led 2:0, but Jastrzębski managed to win next 2 sets and now it's 2:2. Please guys let's win this match!!! :thumbsup:

Damn it!!!! Olympiakos Pireus – Jastrzębski Węgiel 3:2 (28:26, 25:22, 23:25, 17:25, 15:13)
    I'm so pissed! It's our second defeat in Champions League :( Guyssss.... :down: