Challenge Cup 2010/2011

• who killed istanbul bbsk players in belgium today in middle of 3rd set ????

something paranormal happened... first game 3-0, today in belgium leading 2-0, 3rd set 14-14 and Menen won that one 25-14 :what: :what: :what: :what: :what: :white: :white: :white: :white:

after that istanbul vanished, lost 3-2 and lost golden set

i really cant immagine what happened there, to leader of turkish league, after 5 sets won vs 6th placed semi-amateur belgian team...OMG :what: :what: :what: :what: :what: ?( ?( ?( ?( ?(

• I'm also quite surprised! Ankara had a huge advantage to win this match (first game 3-0, then leading 2-0), but you must PLAY every match till the end.

After Roeselare and Maaseik, also Menen goes to the next round in European competition. Don't mess with the Belgians! :lol:

• I'm also quite surprised! Ankara had a huge advantage to win this match (first game 3-0, then leading 2-0), but you must PLAY every match till the end.

After Roeselare and Maaseik, also Menen goes to the next round in European competition. Don't mess with the Belgians! :lol:

cmon be serious, these teams cant be in same sentence, there is no alibi for such mess they did, someone must explain that, otherwise it is some fishy stuff

• cmon be serious, these teams cant be in same sentence, there is no alibi for such mess they did, someone must explain that, otherwise it is some fishy stuff

I don't know what happened with Istanbul (last post I said Ankara, it's Istanbul), but Menen showed a lot of courage.

The match is over, Istanbul had their chance to win this match, but they didn't. It's a pity for the Turkish team, but the comeback of Menen was surprising and effective!

• I don't know what happened with Istanbul (last post I said Ankara, it's Istanbul), but Menen showed a lot of courage.

The match is over, Istanbul had their chance to win this match, but they didn't. It's a pity for the Turkish team, but the comeback of Menen was surprising and effective!

LOL, Here we go again :aww: In which twisted world you can describe 11-0 run of weaker team over much stronger after 0-5 in sets like some historical comeback or normal thing ?(

Rambo and Rocky are fiction movies, Stallone or Steven Seagal don't play volleyball, and them killing 15232 men alone isnt happening in normal sport :lol: :roll: :D ;) And if they play volleyball they surely wouldn't play for edited Menen which have negative w-l ratio in belgian monster league:drink:

• LOL, Here we go again :aww: In which twisted world you can describe 11-0 run of weaker team over much stronger after 0-5 in sets like some historical comeback or normal thing ?(

Rambo and Rocky are fiction movies, Stallone or Steven Seagal don't play volleyball, and them killing 15232 men alone isnt happening in normal sport :lol: :roll: :D ;) And if they play volleyball they surely wouldn't play for edited Menen which have negative w-l ratio in belgian monster league:drink:

On paper, Istanbul surely has stronger players than Prefaxis Menen, you agree and I agree. I really don't know what happened with Istanbul, but they lost the match and golden set. What's the reason why Istanbul suddenly lost the third set, the match and the golden set? I don't know! Maybe they underestimated Menen. Or maybe they're problems within the team?

• They killed Aleksiev by float serving at him, he couldnt pass to save his life

• Raul, 6th place in Belgian league isn't a reason to insult the team and their players!

where did i really insult Menen players with any of my statements above??? i just wrote their name with stars but i really insult istanbul players for what they did to volleyball sport, nothing else :D i didnt write any of insulting word to anyone cause it is not my style and also it would be edited or deleted, what would be ok to do definitely ;) just 5-0 and 14-14 to result in 14-25 and what happened after makes no sense at all, we talk about team that won all 5 sets previously played.

if i offended anyone i am sincery appologizing, just this score makes ME insulted and mad in sense of volleyball fan, i hope you all understand. cheers :)

• I have a good friend who plays in Menen,I'll try to have some informations about this match.I just know that the hall was full and the atmosphere was amazing there.Menen has a very very young team (two OH of 18 years) but they have some international experience after playing youth and junior europeans championship.They never give up ;-) In belgian league the're only sixt because our league is not so weak but the main reason is that they play much better in challenge cup because of the motivation and better preparation of the players ;-)
    I'm very pleased they could overcome the turkish giant! =)
    It's incredible for belgian volleyball but I agree with you,what happened isn't something normal and the turkish had to win this match in any condition!
    I'm proud to be belgian lol =)

• i didnt write any of insulting word to anyone cause it is not my style and also it would be edited or deleted, what would be ok to do definitely ;)

I edited just after you wrote it. I know it is not your style, but belive me, it is not nice when you read name of the team write in this way.

Who won golden set in match EA PATRON Lux-Unirea DEJ? On CEV's site golden set is for Romanian team, but on other site I found that Greek team won.

• Rambo and Rocky are fiction movies, Stallone or Steven Seagal don't play volleyball, and them killing 15232 men alone isnt happening in normal sport :lol: :roll: :D ;) And if they play volleyball they surely wouldn't play for edited Menen which have negative w-l ratio in belgian monster league:drink:

:lol: :thumbsup:

The score was 14-14 and then 25-14??? :cheesy: :lol: :white: In female volleyball it happens sometimes. But in male i don't remeber something like that.

• I absolutely agree with you Raul.
    This cant be true!!!
    I may understand that Belgian Menen can beat Turkish league's leader but how could that be possible...>14-14 and 25-14???
    I watched first match and i thought Menen was a very ordinary team.
    I cant understand how İstanbul Büyükşehir Belediyesi (ibb) coulndt take one single point with Todor,Mikko,Kunnari,as the score was 14-14?

We need someone who in person watched the match to tell us what really happened there in the match.Otherwise this match and score will always keep its mystery on my mind.

• We need someone who in person watched the match to tell us what really happened there in the match.Otherwise this match and score will always keep its mystery on my mind.

As alex002 wrote, everyone started float serving on one player (Aleksiev) and he had a lot of trouble with receive these balls. Menen block started working and also fans gave players a lot of energy.

• As alex002 wrote, everyone started float serving on one player (Aleksiev) and he had a lot of trouble with receive these balls. Menen block started working and also fans gave players a lot of energy.

this explanation would be eventually normal (but rather not) if they played Trentino (Kazi+juantorena) or Brazil NT, since they didnt i dont believe it :D 5-0 in sets before that mystery 51-22 run, i simply cant believe that one, to be real i thought someone poisoned both setters or shoot them from the stands and bus driver came to play setter for ibb :rolll: or someone from public was the ref and judged every set false from that moment :lol:

as i know EA Patron won golden set, also another mystery but since overall situation in Greece is tragic, it is not so surprising as turkish x-file :gone:

• As alex002 wrote, everyone started float serving on one player (Aleksiev) and he had a lot of trouble with receive these balls. Menen block started working and also fans gave players a lot of energy.

But does that explain everthing? if so,if Alexiev was so terrible in reception then use ur back-up players!!! .i wish i could watch that match,really!

• this explanation would be eventually normal (but rather not) if they played Trentino (Kazi+juantorena) or Brazil NT, since they didnt i dont believe it :D 5-0 in sets before that mystery 51-22 run, i simply cant believe that one, to be real i thought someone poisoned both setters or shoot them from the stands and bus driver came to play setter for ibb :rolll: or someone from public was the ref and judged every set false from that moment :lol:

as i know EA Patron won golden set, also another mystery but since overall situation in Greece is tragic, it is not so surprising as turkish x-file :gone:

Explanation is only one - Sexy Girl from Belgium came when was 3rd set 14-14 and what happend then We know. After the set She went but They still thought about Her 8)

• But does that explain everthing? if so,if Alexiev was so terrible in reception then use ur back-up players!!! .i wish i could watch that match,really!

Hmmm, I can say that - yes, Aleksiev CAN be that terrible in reception and no need to face Trento or Brasil NT :lol: for that... :wacko: Ah....Tell me!!!...Deja vu... :wacko: :wacko: but yes, it still does not explain the lost...volleyball is a team game, with 3 more sets played...?!??? :pinch:

P.S I love Aleksiev and he is amazing spiker, but he is also the player I shouted :white: :white: most infront of the TV :super: