The 2012 CEV Champions League

• The second set Mac.-Nov. was tie until 17-17, then it was 17-20 for Nov.

Giulian changed Savani for Kovar to serve (I don't know why Savani - and also Podrascanin - was out, I've been watching the match only since the middle of the second set).

Savani did 5 aces on 6 serves :white: :white: (from 17-20 to 23-20!) And the after his second serve - the only one that didn't turn in an ace - there was also a nice long rally :D But after the time out he made an errors, so 5 aces on a serve run of 7 serves 8o

edit: It's amazing how Giulian it's often able to put on the court in the right moment a player that will score an ace (or more!). I wonder what the hell he told them before serving :lol:

• Macerata will suffer the most from World Cup, all players except Omrcen and Exiga will participate

• ZAKSA Kędzierzyn Koźle beat Partizan Beograd 3:1.
    Not a very impressive game by Polish side, but such games are often difficult. Especially when you are back to the competition after some years as ZAKSA is.

Paweł Zagumny said in interview after the match that it was intentional to lose this third set so they could train playing more. Without blenching, with total poker face :P And when I saw Samik appearing in the range of the camera, smiling and kissing Guma on his cheek... I thought I would die laughing :rolll: They were both lovely :D

• that makes difference between great and average coach ;)

• that makes difference between great and average coach ;)

You call "great " coach the man who played 1500000000 matches with 7 players and at the end they were so tired, that they lost everything? Zero in Champions League, huge loss from Trento? Trento, who defended most of their spikes :rolll:

• Skra beat Budvanska Rivijera Budva 3:0. The beginning of the match had been terrible by Skra, but after that Skra started to play much better and the game looked like some training. However, Skra isn't in the best shape, which is noticeable also in PlusLiga.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• I vote for Zaksa this year, Skra was too comfortable in the past, always hosting final fours, having the best squad in Poland and so on. Go, Zaksa :thumbup:

• I vote for Zaksa this year, Skra was too comfortable in the past, always hosting final fours, having the best squad in Poland and so on. Go, Zaksa :thumbup:

Me too! It's a pity that ZAKSA is now without Juriy Gladyr... But french guys and their cooperation with Zagumny make me love this. And Michał Ruciak is in a good shape. I hope Sebastian Świderski will be back in game soon. It would be awsome to have a team in the set :roll:

• You call "great " coach the man who played 1500000000 matches with 7 players and at the end they were so tired, that they lost everything? Zero in Champions League, huge loss from Trento? Trento, who defended most of their spikes :rolll:

You forget this Final 1 and this Final 2 and especially this Final 3

In these matches Giuliani ''humiliated'' Stoychev and his tactics but that doesnt change fact that Radostin is world class coach like on match doesnt change same fact for Giuliani ;)

Cuneo didn't have depth last year, cristal clear, also Parodi didn't played, Wijsmans was injured... they were machine until last match :whistle: your volleyball knowledge is based on: Bulgaria, Kaziyski, Bratoev, CSKA, Todorov etc. others doesnt exist, so please if you don't know basics of volleyball tactics don't write nonsenses :wavy:

P.S. Stoychev was also using always same players: Raphael - Štokr (evetually Sokolov in 2-3 matches), Sala - Birarelli (Riad only in CL), Kaziyski - Juantorena - Bari

• My dear child

I am watching volleyball since 1994. I am inteligent and educated more than enough to understand when someone fails and why most of the time. About Guiliani, he defeated Trento several times with superior tactics and team balance (Henno vs Bari, Mastrangelo vs Birareli), but he kept playing with same squad even though he had more matches than Trento. Stoychev rotated a bit players, gave huge rest to Matey, some matches in WClCH and CL with entirely second squad, many matches with some rotations, look all the matches in legavolley.it and see how many sets played main Trento players and how many sets - Cuneo's. Trento got hosting of final four, thanks to that and rotating the squad they managed to stay in top shape for the final> Clearly Cuneo's coach fault that they arrived injured there, as was Bagnoli fault the injury of Dennis which made them lose the quarti. The coach must now when and how to push his players closer to their limits WITHOUT CROSSING THEM!

As you can see I am not using arguments in technical details related to volleyball inside knowledge, but as someone who is in weight lifting and has trained himself sports I can recognize when someone is pushed too much.

• My dear child

I am watching volleyball since 1994. I am inteligent and educated more than enough to understand when someone fails and why most of the time. About Guiliani, he defeated Trento several times with superior tactics and team balance (Henno vs Bari, Mastrangelo vs Birareli), but he kept playing with same squad even though he had more matches than Trento. Stoychev rotated a bit players, gave huge rest to Matey, some matches in WClCH and CL with entirely second squad, many matches with some rotations, look all the matches in legavolley.it and see how many sets played main Trento players and how many sets - Cuneo's. Trento got hosting of final four, thanks to that and rotating the squad they managed to stay in top shape for the final> Clearly Cuneo's coach fault that they arrived injured there, as was Bagnoli fault the injury of Dennis which made them lose the quarti. The coach must now when and how to push his players closer to their limits WITHOUT CROSSING THEM!

As you can see I am not using arguments in technical details related to volleyball inside knowledge, but as someone who is in weight lifting and has trained himself sports I can recognize when someone is pushed too much.

First of all don't call me ''dear child'' ;)

Second Giuliani failed with Cuneo? :rolll: 2 years in Cuneo 4 trophies: CEV Cup, Scudetto and Italian Supercup in 2010 (his first year with Cuneo) and Italian Cup 2011. Sure that's failure :drink: For example Stoychev won only Italian championship in first year in Trento. There is no doubt both are great coaches and I really dont understand why're you underestimating Guliani.

Giuliani is great coach, who says different don't have a clue about volleyball or dont want to admit that. Stoychev rotated 2 players, others played 98% of Trento matches. Giuliani had 7 good players and Fortunato on bench, totally unexperienced OH's (Galić and Janis who is also opposite, Patriarca is mediocre player) and winning 3 out of 4 finals vs Trento is big success ;) and winning is too ''weak'' word what Giuliani did to Trento. If you think that's coincidence ok, but find replays of those matches and see Giuliani's doctor dissertation :wavy:

• I have a feeling that this year some of the Turkish teams will produce a surprise- like qualifying for the F4. Both Arkas and Fenerbahce have good rosters and great coaches.

• First of all don't call me ''dear child'' ;)

Second Giuliani failed with Cuneo? :rolll: 2 years in Cuneo 4 trophies: CEV Cup, Scudetto and Italian Supercup in 2010 (his first year with Cuneo) and Italian Cup 2011. Sure that's failure :drink: For example Stoychev won only Italian championship in first year in Trento. There is no doubt both are great coaches and I really dont understand why're you underestimating Guliani.

Giuliani is great coach, who says different don't have a clue about volleyball or dont want to admit that. Stoychev rotated 2 players, others played 98% of Trento matches. Giuliani had 7 good players and Fortunato on bench, totally unexperienced OH's (Galić and Janis who is also opposite, Patriarca is mediocre player) and winning 3 out of 4 finals vs Trento is big success ;) and winning is too ''weak'' word what Giuliani did to Trento. If you think that's coincidence ok, but find replays of those matches and see Giuliani's doctor dissertation :wavy:

After you were rude to me, dear child was the most polite thing I could have written :whistle: , sorry if you feel offended :call:
    I didn't say Guliani failed, I said he failed at the end of the season. His all-time work is very good, but with that end I wouldn't put him in "great coach" tag yet. Great are Rezende, Hoag, Bebeto, may be Stoychev (I am stil not convinced). Guliani is in very good range for now. About winning 4 titles in 4 matches, don't forget that not in all matches Trento roster was full (first final in Serie A1 without Raphael) or they had world club championships right before that. Actually in all finals between them only in CUP 2011 both teams had full roster and top form, so winning was more or less who will arrive in better form there. Sounds pretty equal to me

• About Rotation:

Nikolov - 128 sets + all international matches

Stokr - 103 sets + fewer inernational matches /Sokolov often in club championship, in some matches in champions league ,fewer matches in champions league for Trento as hosts of final four

Wijsmans - 107 sets /some injuries/

Kaziyski - 93 sets

Parodi - 90 sets /injuries too/

Juantorena - 97 sets

Henno - 134 sets

Bari - 110 sets

Grbic - 114 sets

Raphael - 102 sets

• May Somebody tell Me something about the Players in Generali?

I have read surnames - They have told Me nothing but I see from stats that the Team is good.

• May Somebody tell Me something about the Players in Generali?

I have read surnames - They have told Me nothing but I see from stats that the Team is good.

Dunnes - 3rd German NT opposite; Skladany - Slovakian setter on ECH, Kaliberda - German NT OH, Gunthor - German NT MB, Shafranovich - Israel NT OH, Cedeno - Venezuela NT MB, Hupka - Slovakia NT OH :wavy:

• Dunnes - 3rd German NT opposite; Skladany - Slovakian setter on ECH, Kaliberda - German NT OH, Gunthor - German NT MB, Shafranovich - Israel NT OH, Cedeno - Venezuela NT MB, Hupka - Slovakia NT OH :wavy:

Maybe we should also add the name of the head coach Mihai Paduretu, who is doing a great job with this team. They have been relatively on the same level as Friedrichshafen for the last 3-4 years beating them often for the German Cup finals, despite VfB still dominating the league. Probably their strongest roster was the last year's one with Leonardo dos Santos, Paul Carroll and Tomas Kmet still in Unterhaching. Overall a good team that shows good volleyball.

• Any information about Michael Sanchez? What happened to him, he was supposed to be in Novosibirsk? I just cannot stand Butko setting to Voronkov as a starter instead of the Cuban, they could be a different team..