2015 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• It's a pleasure watching this guy improving match by match.

Exactly. He was never, even in germany, considered as the most talented player and always had to work hard to improve.I have a big crush on that kind of players.

Overall i think Perugia should have taken the 4th set as i think we will see an improved Belchatow on the second leg. Especially Tille defence looked bad today.

• BTW does the stadium announcer sing "Ho visto Atanasijevic" or did I mishear? :what: if so it must be a bit awkward for him.

Supporters sing always "Oh mamma, oh mamma, oh mamma. Oh mamma, oh mamma, oh mamma. Sai perché mi batte il corazor? Ho visto Atanasijevic, ho visto Atanasijevic. E, mammà, innamorato son."
    It means "Oh mum, oh mum, oh mum. Oh mum, oh mum, oh mum. Do you know why my heart is beating? I saw Atanasijevic, I saw Atanasijevic. And, mum, I felt in love." :D :D :D

• Why? What does that mean?

It is a chorus that was sang for Maradona when he played football in Naples. It says Oh mama, mama, mama oh mama, mama, mama do you know why my heart is beating? I have seen Maradona I have seen Maradona oh mama, I am in love.
    Of course in italian and sang it sounds different, but Perugia supporters adapted it to Atanasijevic.. :win:

• Is it just my impression or the polish dark horses, Belchatow and Resovia, are in totally different shape lately?

Sovia was slow at the beginning of the season, but they had impressive matches in the last month. The last one in Novosibirsk says everything about their games.

While it seems like Belchatow started really really strong and took soon an advantage that they lost along the way, finishing second in regular season.

• It is a chorus that was sang for Maradona when he played football in Naples. It says Oh mama, mama, mama oh mama, mama, mama do you know why my heart is beating? I have seen Maradona I have seen Maradona oh mama, I am in love.
    Of course in italian and sang it sounds different, but Perugia supporters adapted it to Atanasijevic.. :win:

• I missed almost the whole match. I just watched second half of tie break. Thanks God we did it. Let's hope guys won't be scared in second match in Poland. Belchatow is always impressive at home, but the last crucial european match they played there they lost by Guberniya. Come on guys, let's do this. Let's reach F4 at our first partecipation! :super:

First participation? What about Perugia's 2005-2006 campaign? They even played Skra in the group stage and won twice - against 3-2 in Italy and then 3-1 in Belchatow.

Mhm, Juantorena's absence pretty much outlined the course of this playoff before it had even started. Without him Halkbank won't put up such a fight in the return game either. Too bad this turned out to be the least interesting playoff, I wish we had seen Belogorie here instead.

• First participation? What about Perugia's 2005-2006 campaign? They even played Skra in the group stage and won twice - against 3-2 in Italy and then 3-1 in Belchatow.

Mhm, Juantorena's absence pretty much outlined the course of this playoff before it had even started. Without him Halkbank won't put up such a fight in the return game either. Too bad this turned out to be the least interesting playoff, I wish we had seen Belogorie here instead.

Sir Safety is a new club. The team you talk about was Perugia Volley, but they moved to San Giustino and got known as Umbria Volley, but far from Perugia they lasted just one season. Sir Safety comes from Bastia Umbria, which is a small town close to Perugia. When Perugia Volley (known as RPA) moved to San Giustino, Sir Safety got the opportunity to move to Perugia as well and they did it. When they moved everyone from the old supporters chosed to follow Sir Safety because we felt betrayed about the way everything happened with the old club (they won Challenge Cup as host and it was the last game they played in Perugia, there were big rumores all around and the feelings to the club weren't really nice). And now Sir Safety is still there growning in Italy and Europe, while RPA disappared.

Give a look on Wikipedia: Sir Safety Perugia

and Umbria Volley (former Perugia Volley)

• Sir Safety is a new club. The team you talk about was Perugia Volley, but they moved to San Giustino and got known as Umbria Volley, but far from Perugia they lasted just one season. Sir Safety comes from Bastia Umbria, which is a small town close to Perugia. When Perugia Volley (known as RPA) moved to San Giustino, Sir Safety got the opportunity to move to Perugia as well and they did it. When they moved everyone from the old supporters chosed to follow Sir Safety because we felt betrayed about the way everything happened with the old club (they won Challenge Cup as host and it was the last game they played in Perugia, there were big rumores all around and the feelings to the club weren't really nice). And now Sir Safety is still there growning in Italy and Europe, while RPA disappared.

Give a look on Wikipedia: Sir Safety Perugia

and Umbria Volley (former Perugia Volley)

Thanks for the information! To me, it clarifies the situation about all Perugia teams :D So, to sum up, you guys preferred to support whatever it was you had in the city itself rather than the actual club that played Champions League 9 years ago and then got relocated, right?

• Hey, wasn't me the only one who stubbornly claim Penchev will be well used in Sovia? :D Grande Niki!

You know, yesterday I missed Zatorski so much that I would never even suspected myself I could. Tille was such a sleepyhead on this court. Marechal was even worse. On the other side Atanasijevic was spectacular. I can't be surprised that Italian speaker shouted his name out loud every time Aleks at least touched the ball (though I had these thoughts about gagging him, you know...)

Great to watch some matches. I barely can remember when was the last time I watch anything. Oh, wait. I was watching Resovia - VfB. But can only remember Geiler from this, donnu, I have never noticed he had such protruding ears. Made him look a bit like troll from Harry Potter. And completetly distracted my attention from game.

• Yes, you're right.

In 2010 RPA Perugia Volley left the city and moved to San Giustino, losing all the supporters from Perugia.

In the same summer Sir Safety Bastia Umbria had the opportunity to play for the first time in Serie A2, because different teams disappared and there were empy spots. Even if the team had to fight till the end to not be relegated, everyone from Nguastiti (the first group of supporters from Perugia) chosed to follow Sir Safety. Gabriel Gardner helped the team during play-outs and we saved our spot quite easily.

In 2011 Sir Safety was again in Serie A2 and moved to Perugia. This was what everyone wanted in the city, a new team to dominate the local scene an after SIR Perugia Volley left the previous year while during the summer the historical Pallavolo Sirio Perugia (sponsored by Despar and Colussi in the past) disappared. The team won the championship and got promoted to Serie A1.

When both the clubs from San Giustino disappared - Umbria Volley first (2012) and Altotever Volley right after (2013) - their fans moved to Perugia and started following Sir Safety as well. The empy PalaEvangelisti started being almost always full for every home match. Now supporters call themselves as Sirmaniaci (Sirmaniacs) :D and I guess you know the rest of the history. We chosed Sir Safety and we're proud of our choise. :win: Perugia Volley honestly never had so much love from the city. Sir took the heart of every volleyball fan in Perugia.

• Perugia took enormous risk on serve and it paid out but... I don't see how they can repeat that or better to say how Tille and Marechal can have 11 reception errors in one match. It was funny to watch how Fromm was targeting Tille all the time :rolll: now serious, SKRA will wipeout Perugia in Lodz, no matter that I see Italians as limited team, especially on MB position. Berretta and Buti together had 1 (?!?!) block in 5 sets, whole team only 6 and SKRA have big advantage on middle. Hope Uriarte is going to use Lisinac and Klos more than in 1st match.

Zenit is already on FF, Halkbank without Osmany isn't even a shadow of team with him... and Russians are machine, last team like they are were Trentino with Juantorena, Kaziyski etc.

P.S "Old" Perugia won Challenge Cup by beating Mladost Zagreb in finals.. good old days

• Perugia took enormous risk on serve and it paid out but... I don't see how they can repeat that or better to say how Tille and Marechal can have 11 reception errors in one match. It was funny to watch how Fromm was targeting Tille all the time :rolll: now serious, SKRA will wipeout Perugia in Lodz, no matter that I see Italians as limited team, especially on MB position. Berretta and Buti together had 1 (?!?!) block in 5 sets, whole team only 6 and SKRA have big advantage on middle. Hope Uriarte is going to use Lisinac and Klos more than in 1st match.

Zenit is already on FF, Halkbank without Osmany isn't even a shadow of team with him... and Russians are machine, last team like they are were Trentino with Juantorena, Kaziyski etc.

P.S "Old" Perugia won Challenge Cup by beating Mladost Zagreb in finals.. good old days

You're right. Perugia is not a good team on blocking. Our best players in the last 3 seasons was out beloved beast Nemanja Petric. Buti usually starts slow and find the besh shape at the end of the season. We have to hope. We have to try.

And about old Perugia, I can tell you Matey Cernic made me a shower with champagne when we were celebrating on court. One of the few good memories about our old club.

• ravens#7, I know this isn't the proper place to ask, but as a fervent Sir Safety supporter, do you know who that young curly kid that Atanasijevic hugs every time is? He must be the son of someone important from the fanclub. Also about president Sirci - what is his profession outside volleyball - one Bulgarian commentator once said he's an actor, but that might have been a description about his behaviour in the hall.

As for the match itself - great spiking % from both Atanasijevic and Fromm, but I also don't see Perugia advancing after the "hell" that is Lodz. I mean, they barely won after a fantastic performance, while Skra had clear problems with Tille and Marechal.

• Exactly. He was never, even in germany, considered as the most talented player and always had to work hard to improve.I have a big crush on that kind of players.

Overall i think Perugia should have taken the 4th set as i think we will see an improved Belchatow on the second leg. Especially Tille defence looked bad today.

I like this kind of player too, especially those who are not afraid of play abroad and wants to improve themselves.

This season Hirsch is having some good stats in A2. Maybe he can improve like Fromm did in Italy and be a good option for NT too.

• ravens#7, I know this isn't the proper place to ask, but as a fervent Sir Safety supporter, do you know who that young curly kid that Atanasijevic hugs every time is? He must be the son of someone important from the fanclub. Also about president Sirci - what is his profession outside volleyball - one Bulgarian commentator once said he's an actor, but that might have been a description about his behaviour in the hall.

As for the match itself - great spiking % from both Atanasijevic and Fromm, but I also don't see Perugia advancing after the "hell" that is Lodz. I mean, they barely won after a fantastic performance, while Skra had clear problems with Tille and Marechal.

I don't know who's the kid you talk about. Your link misses something, I can't open it.

About Gino Sirci, he's the owner of Sir Safety System. It is a company which produces workwear, look at the catalog. This is the official web site of the company.

• Perugia really looks determined. Great match by them so far...... :super: