Greece - HVL 2007/2008

• But that doesn't reflect on the fact that he was champion in Poland, Russia, Greece...

What? he WASN`T a champion in Poland and in Russia. Last championships he achived in Greece few years ago, when he was younger and healthier.

"Every volleyball player is a little bit psychopath, there are no normal people who want to voluntarily dedicate their life to this sport"
    Plamen Konstantinov

• What? he WASN`T a champion in Poland and in Russia. Last championships he achived in Greece few years ago, when he was younger and healthier.

Ok, sorry, most probably I made a mistake, i will check. :)

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• 2nd final match 23/4/08
    Iraklis - Panathinaikos 3:0 (25:23 25:18 25:22) (2:0) statistics

Hehe, one victory more. ;)

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• I will add that Olympiakos is leading 2:0 in games for third place with Lamia :drink: pame Olympiakos - one more victory for a medal 8o

"Every volleyball player is a little bit psychopath, there are no normal people who want to voluntarily dedicate their life to this sport"
    Plamen Konstantinov

• Olympiakos Piraeus are ready to make the impossible to keep Boyan Yordanov in the team... they've started negotiation with Levski SIconco.... the national and Levski's coach Martin Stoev said that Boyan should play in the team, which is on top level and Boyan will feel comfortable there. :)

• Greek League in season 2007/2008 won Iraklis Saloniki
    Panathinaikos Ateny - Iraklis Saloniki 1:3 (26:24, 25:27, 22:25, 21:25) (0:3)

and bronze medal goes to... Olympiacos Pireus
    Olympiacos Pireus - GS Lamia 3:1 (25:23, 19:25, 25:14, 25:21) (3:0)

• Well, actually there is no such thing as a bronze medal and I really didn't understand why Olympiakos had to play against Lamia for the positions 3rd-4th, since both lead to the CEV Cup, but anyway. What's important, is that Iraklis is champion again, easier than most people would have expected.
    EAP is 5th and will play for Challenge Cup next season.

• and bronze medal goes to... Olympiacos Pireus
    Olympiacos Pireus - GS Lamia 3:1 (25:23, 19:25, 25:14, 25:21) (3:0)

Woo-Hoo , congratulations for Olympiakos :drink:

Plamen Konstantinov

• Correction, they did award bronze medals this season after all - I hear even the players were surprised.

• Greek media (Goalday and sport24) called the bulgarian captain Plamen Konstantinov - "The Lion of the world volleyball" and "Mr Champion" since Plamen had become champion in Greece for 5th time (2 times with Iraklis, also with AEK, Olympiakos and Panathinaikos). Incredible achievment... I wish him health and happiness and Olympic gold with the Bulgarian National Team in Bejiing. I think he deserves it. :)