Italy - Serie A1 2008/2009

• It is really hard for me to write here, cause Trento was so close, but that's sport. Huge dissapointment, i am not going to talk about the game. But as it is clear, Piacenza deserved this title, they've proved that they are great players, also great characters (especially Zlatanov). "Copra Piazenza"- congratulations, this title is really for you - a great fan, really. :) After all I hope Trento to have almost the same squad and not to give up the next season, after all they've won the Champions League which is great! And finally, best regards to Zlatanov, a man who won the title for Piazenca. Although he plays for Italy I respect him and after so many years he achieved his dream - so congratulations Air Zlati. And finally - I have to mension my man - Kazyski - great season for him - really sad he didn't win again, but he is UNBELIEAVABLE player - he would win many trophies with Trento and Bulgaria especially - I hope so. ;)

:obey: :obey:
    congratulations to you, nice post and nice words.

2001: Italian champions beach volley 4x4
    2002: Italian League Serie A2 - Italian Cup Serie A2
    2004: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2006: Top Teams Cup - Italian Cup's runner up
    2007: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2008: Champions league's runner up - Italian league's runner up
    2009: Italian League
    2009: Italian Supercup
    2010: Cev Cup's runner up
    2013: Challenge Cup
    <<We're always with you, and we will never leave you alone!>>

• :obey: :obey:
    congratulations to you, nice post and nice words.

You are welcome, good luck in Champions League next season. :)

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• You are welcome, good luck in Champions League next season. :)

hope to can reach again the final as one year ago, but change the end... ;)
    it will be very difficult, as to win an italain title

• there is some unofficial news but as some of you wish trento will retain same squad, news doesnt say so. Seems like Winiarski and Grbic are leaving the club but soon will be announced i'm sure.

• there is some unofficial news but as some of you wish trento will retain same squad, news doesnt say so. Seems like Winiarski and Grbic are leaving the club but soon will be announced i'm sure.

Too bad really, for Winiarski I heard that he really will leave but I think for Grbic is not sure yet.

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• i confirm...but it seems...it's not sure
    someone also said that Modena took Prandi to arrive at Kazyiski but this is really fiction!

• Some confirmed transfers

N.Grbic from Trentino ---> Cuneo
    H.Henno from Forli,Paris ----> Cuneo
    Raphael from Vibo Valentia -----> Trentino

Wijsmans seems to stay, Prandi left with two great, among best world players on their positions Grbic and Henno, Cuneo could be fav no1 next season.

• I have one question for this game - Trento - Vibo 3:2 (9 aces of Matey Kazyiski). How come - the setter of the team, who lost is the MVP of the game?

http://www.legavolley.it/TabellinoGara.asp?IdGara=17487

Why would anyone give the MVP to players of the losing side?

Why would anyone NOT give the MVP to Matey Kazyiski, who has 9 ace, 29 pts, and 61% in attack - furthermore - the man, who made this victory possible in the tiebreak?

Are they even sane? 8|

• in that game Raphael simply made Trento's block go crazy, he made an amazing match.
    And the Mvp award was a right honour for him, cause everyone know that Kazyiski plays always good, but that time the one who deserved much more the award was Raphael.
    Kazyiski can't always win... :D

• Let's try to measure values of the players:

V = Veffort * Vsucccess,

whre Veffort is the percentage/100 of the efforts for the pts in the game - what part of the won pts are due to the player,

Vsuccess is the value of the success - 1,2 or 3 pts

For example, if you are responsible for 50% of the pts (strong serve, a lot of pts, good defense), but this effort bring you
    only 2 sets, then

you will have value 0.5*1 = 0.5

For this game - Matey has at least 66% of the tiebreak on his shoulders, because he made 10:14 into 15:14, with 4 aces (which are only his pts
    , not shared with setting and receiving). The tiebreak gives one pt, so Matey has brought 0.66 pts only from the tiebreak.

For the rest of the game, he has scored 5 more aces, his service has brought misery to the recieving of Vibo, he has scored most pts with almost the best effectivenes

- Power pts = ( Number of Pts * Effectivness,% ) /100 - he has high power pts index,and have 15 BP-s and 17 VP-s!

I thinks he deserves at least 33% of the other pt in the game - so 0.33. So his total value is 0.33 + 0.66 = 1. He gave 1 pt at least.

Rafael can not have 1 pt value, because this is the whole gain of his team Vibo - 1 pt. Even if every receiving is negative and
    he makes from this negative receiving an excellent setting, he still cannot have 1 pt, he can be near to one (someone has to score
    the excellents as small the contribution will be).

Matey has at least 1 pt value, Rafael has at most 0.9 pt value (and this is not the case, because the recieving was not zero),

so there is no way Rafael to be more important than Matey in this game.

Yes, Matey cannot always win MVP, because he does not always deserve it (no one could), but this is exactly the case in which he totally deserves the MVP in my opinion. :thumbsup:

• The problem is which importance do we measure exactly - the relative value for the success of the team, or the total value, when the value of the success is measured. I think that the second is the correct measurement. May be Rafael has 80% of 1 pt, and Kazyiski has 50% of 2 pts, so Rafa is MVP due to the first measure, but Kazyiski is MVP due to the second measure. I think that the second should be marked in the statistics, not the first one.

• c'mon be human! :lol:
    poor Raphael, that was the only game in which he could take this award...let's leave it to him! :D
    otherwise i know that Kazyiski would win 25 awards out of 26...
    but i don't understand why that irritates you so much....ok that you support bulgaria and bulgarian players and bulgarian coaches, and bulgarian etc etc :lol: but c'mon, what does it change? ;) you should congratulate with Raphael and let him joy of his glory day... 8)

• Inaccuracy irritates me, I am mathematician and software engineer, and I think that we need some kind of modeling of the game and MVP from formula, not from vote. I noticed this because I am reviewing the games of teams with favorite players, but it irritated me not because it is Kaziyski, but because it is strange anomaly in the Matrix. My opinion for this kind of estimation is that we should "Never send a human to do a machine's job 8) " and this way the MVP could possibly be more useful as an information for the players statistics (if we can catch which players take the responsibilities in the important games and make them captains for example - I know that intuition works fine, but imagine if we can describe exactly why it works so fine) :)

• My favorite players are not only Bulgarians, I like Lebl, Nilson, Kravarik, Omrcen and a lot others. "Because they are Bulgarian"(Italian/Polish/Alien) is not an argument in logic (or volleyball ;) )