Italy Serie A1 2009-2010

• In that case let divide MVP award on 3 part: first for Wijsmans, second for Grbić, third for Nikolov :) .

I have a question for people from Piacenza or Italy: it is true that Piacenza has financial problems?? Several months ago, volleyball fans wrote about collapse of Piacenza.

The first 3 in my opinion are Grbich, Nikolov, Henno

• as i wrote many times, for the next season our president wants to reduce the costs so can't buy the same champions of all the other years and he's reducing also some salaries of some players in our roster
    anyway i wouldn't really say financial problems, it's just a way to go versus this "sport business" which have already ruined other sports(football first) and risk to ruin also volleyball
    i mean too high salaries, televisions which decide time, day and place of the game etc. etc.
    due to the world economic crisis i think it's a good way to behave

2001: Italian champions beach volley 4x4
    2002: Italian League Serie A2 - Italian Cup Serie A2
    2004: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2006: Top Teams Cup - Italian Cup's runner up
    2007: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2008: Champions league's runner up - Italian league's runner up
    2009: Italian League
    2009: Italian Supercup
    2010: Cev Cup's runner up
    2013: Challenge Cup
    <<We're always with you, and we will never leave you alone!>>

• Cuneo is very good team this season. Congratulations! Trento can't win everything this season. Champions League, Cup of Italy (against Cuneo), World Club Championship. If they have won Italy League this would be some presumptuous I think. In Champions League they beat Olympiacos, Dinamo, Resovia. They're too tired all. Even with this power it was very hard to get to final - remember 1/2 - final against Macerata when Kazyiski has served in the end of 4th set. And Grbic knew on who to pass to final ball - this Nikolov was so crazy - he went then to get this ball back. I remember game against Netherlands in European Championships. After final point he was running around playfield like Terminator or Robocop :)

Nikolov said in an interview that he was not going after the ball but he was going to hug his wife - Maya, who has been very supportive throughout the whole season :)

Who said that Trento are not going to win in 5 games...are you Nustradamus :D Come on, you all know that it was unfair no matter who have won, but the more important issue is that is more unfair for Trento who have lost their home advantage and crowd who are always amazing (Trento's supporters)

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• athough i rate this hero-player argue, i must tell my point of view -Nikola Grbic is key here. He makes all his players 30% better, at least, plus all his qualities, i simply dont see other reason here. he is born to be best setter ever and born to be edge and winner :obey: :win:

Yeah congrats to Cuneo! I agree with the above post. Grbic might not be technically th best setter (his sets to the middle attackers are still somewhat weak), but as far knowing how to win, he's the best player I know. Especially when linked up with Nikolov. And actually Henno and Wijsmans both have a lot of the killer instinct as well. They're a very stubborn bunch of people, who refuse to be beaten.

And yeah I also agree with someone else here that Henno just deserves mentioning. I can't believe how flawless he is on 100 km/h plus serves.

• always amazing (Trento's supporters)

of course i can't agree on that :)
    or maybe i have a different meaning of support...
    for me, supporters are people who support their team when it wins and it looses, no difference, with the same passion
    Trento's supporters are quite good when they win, but when they loose they're pathetic
    everyone in Italy noticed that last sunday, during the final, Cuneo's supporters totally OUTCLASHED trento's ones...
    nothing to add. amen

• biast

• Grbic might not be technically th best setter (his sets to the middle attackers are still somewhat weak), but as far knowing how to win, he's the best player I know. Especially when linked up with Nikolov. And actually Henno and Wijsmans both have a lot of the killer instinct as well. They're a very stubborn bunch of people, who refuse to be beaten.

Yes, I can't agree more abut the point of Grbic's weakness in setting to MBs. I've noticed this since Grbic's early career. Quite often, relatively to his top-class level, he had difficulty in running combinations with Mester, Geric, etc. His talented judgement in ball distribution has covered this weak spot pretty well, though.

• Nikolov said in an interview that he was not going after the ball but he was going to hug his wife - Maya, who has been very supportive throughout the whole season :)

Who said that Trento are not going to win in 5 games...are you Nustradamus :D Come on, you all know that it was unfair no matter who have won, but the more important issue is that is more unfair for Trento who have lost their home advantage and crowd who are always amazing (Trento's supporters)

Where can I find the match Bulgaria vs Netherlands last year in European Championships? I know this is a very (somewhat unexpectedly) close match, but cannot find where to download.

• M. Roma Volley is the champion of Serie A2. They beated last night Samgas Crema. Congratulations to Yosifov, Zaytsev, Poey and Portuondo! :thumbsup:

• Which clubs promoted to Serie A1 in addition to Rome??

none :)
    this year we had 15 teams in A1 due to the "Pineto scandal" so to come back to the normal 14 teams for the next season, Legavolley decided only one promotion from A2 to A1 for the season just over

• In volleyball.it there is a section discussing transfer moves until now for the Serie A teams. Castellana Grotte is among them! And I don't see Prisma Taranto there! Now the question would be why Castellana Grotte instead of Samgas Crema, which played in the final game against Roma?

• In volleyball.it there is a section discussing transfer moves until now for the Serie A teams. Castellana Grotte is among them! And I don't see Prisma Taranto there! Now the question would be why Castellana Grotte instead of Samgas Crema, which played in the final game against Roma?

Taranto moved to Castellana Grotte(which is very close to that city) so it's the same society but playing in another town