Gundars Celitans (LAT)
    Serkan Oğuz
    Zafer Paşaoğlu
    Fatih Ulusoy
    Resul Tekeli
    Özer Özger
    Metin Durmuş

• “Quality of Turkish league is so high”
    We talked to Antti Siltala who will play for SGK this year and Captain Tuomas Sammelvuo, transferred to Poland in Istanbul during European Championships.

Successful players of Finland National Team mentioned about Türkiye league, National teams and SGK.

- Tuomas, your transfer to Turkey had been spoken too much in Turkish volleyball community. However you made a transfer to a Polish team. Is there any special reason for this transfer was not actualized?
    No, I had two offers one from Turkey, one from Poland. I was very close to come to Turkey, I thought the Polish one would be better for me.

- How long your new contract will be in force?
    One year. We have also one year option after the first season.

- Antti, opposite to Tuomas, you came to an agreement with a Turkish team, SGK. What do you say about this transfer?
    Arto Hanni called me and told about his team and medium in which he has played a few seasons. I was also very close to play in my previous team in Greece. So I chose Turkey because there are many big teams in Turkish volleyball, growing up recently.

- I want to ask the same question for both of you, what did Arto Hani say in order to convince you, to play in Turkey?
    T.S – We have known each other since 1995, we played together first time, so long time we have been friends. I know he really plays well here, an experienced setter. He told me about the club, level of Turkey has been increasing. For example you may have some problems with the payments in other countries, Arto told me nothing is matter in Turkey.
    A.S – I imagine the figure that Arto mentioned about the club and Turkey, level of the country volleyball is rising every year. Also there are lots of quality players in Turkey. Level of Greece league almost steady, I though better teams struggle here.

- Have you ever played against Turkish teams in European Cups or in National team?
    For National teams, many times. For club teams, no. But we know Turkey has high quality teams play in European Cups.

- Do you know the other players of your new team except Arto?
    A.S – I know Falasca, but I do not know Turkish players yet.

- Do you know any Turkish players who plays in Turkey or abroad?
    T.S – I know Sinan Cem Tanık and Ali Çayır. I also know Gökhan Öner who has played against us since 10 years ago. I think he still is a good player. Volleyball is a small world and easy to know most of the players even you play abroad.

- Anti, do you know what is SGK? What is the prefession of your new team?
    Well Arto told me that it is a big social security company and team is getting bigger year by year. We almost speak every day.

- Do you think you would have some kind of problems when you live in Ankara?
    A.S - It is alike with Greece I know, I think I would not have problems because I am Professional.
    T.S – If you clear minded, you do not need to think anything bad. All you need is to think about your reason you go there.

- Many Finnish players play abroad. Why do these players not play in their own country?
    Because Finland is a small country and you can not earn much Money by playing volleyball. Only young players are playing in Finland. When they have grown up, they move to high level volleyball countries. You also need to develop your game. Volleyball is not as important as ice hockey.

- Do you agree with the reason if National team players play in high level leagues, the quality of the National team would be increased?
    T.S - It is hard to say what would happen when your players go abroad. League level is very important for me. We need to leave Finland due to the small league but Turkey has a great league and players can have good salaries. I prefer to play in Finland too, I have been abroad for 13 years. Sometimes it is hard to be abroad, I think Turkish players choose to play in their own league for this. I understand them. I think the best idea is to develop Turkish league better and better. Maybe it can be thought good coaches are brought from Italy like we did in Finland.
    A.S – I think it’s the best way to improve your young players and join them in to the league. If you have a big league, your players should not need to go abroad.

- You work with an Italian trainer in your National team. What is the difference between a Finnish trainer and an Italian trainer?
    T.S - We had a Finnish trainer. For Finnish league, there are many good coaches but for National teams, you have to get experienced coaches. You have to search where the best volleyball is played, what do they do to get better, you have to learn.
    A.S – You have to follow high level teams and what they do to get better. How you need to increase your team level. But sometimes you get the best coaches, it should not be the solution. For example Italy has the great trainers, however they do not achieve sometimes.

- As you know, women’s level in Turkish volleyball is higher than Men. Contrarily, Men is better in Finland. What should be the reason of this?
    I think it’s the reason of volleyball culture. We have done better things last 2-3 years. We do not have so many woman players because volleyball is not so important. If ladies play volleyball in Finland they can not get enough salary. That’s why women do not improve.

- What would you do, if you had not been a volleyball player?
    T.S – I don’t know. I love volleyball so much. When I stop playing, I want to be a coach. I can’t imagine what to do because it is my life.
    A.S – I think so. Maybe I would be a sports teacher or something like this. It is early form e to think about this.

- Is there a special message for Turkish fans from 2 high level Finnish National players?
    T.S – Just keep going all the time to get better. Get Turkish league better and better, that will increase the level of National team. Have fun with volleyball because that’s the most team sport in the world. Enjoy volleyball. I do not know such a league in Europe developing every year.
    A.S – If you keep on growing like this, your league will be one of the best in the world. So continue trying on your league.

Source: voleybolunsesi.com

• 1st round
    Maliye Milli Piyango - Beşiktaş 3-1 (25-18 25-21 19-25 25-13) stats
    İst.B.Şehir Bld. - Bozkurt Bld. 3-1 (25-21 15-25 25-23 25-16) stats
    Galatasaray - Fenerbahçe 1-3 (22-25 18-25 18-25 23-25) stats
    Diltaş Eğt. Kurumu - Halkbank 1-3 (25-18 18-25 18-25 16-25) stats
    SGK - Belediye Plevne 3-0 (25-16 25-23 25-15) stats
    Arkas Spor - Ziraat Bankası 3-0 (27-25 25-23 25-19) stats

• 2nd round
    Halkbank - Arkas Spor 1-3 (25-20 24-26 23-25 16-25) stats
    Ziraat Bankası - Maliye Milli Piyango 2-3 (25-16 25-18 23-25 23-25 18-20) stats
    Beşiktaş - İst.B.Şehir Bld. 0-3 (26-28 16-25 23-25) stats
    Fenerbahçe - Diltaş Eğt. Kurumu 3-1 (25-20 20-25 25-14 25-20) stats
    Bozkurt Bld. - SGK 0-3 (22-25 22-25 20-25) stats
    Belediye Plevne - Galatasaray 1-3 (19-25 27-25 19-25 25-27) stats

Ranking
    1. SGK 6
    2. Arkas Spor 6
    3. İst.B.Şehir Bld. 6
    4. Fenerbahçe 6
    5. Maliye Milli Piyango 5
    6. Galatasaray 3
    7. Halkbank 3
    8. Ziraat Bankası 1
    9. Diltaş Eğt. Kurumu 0
    10. Belediye Plevne 0
    11. Beşiktaş 0
    12. Bozkurt Bld. 0

• SuperCup 2009

Arkas Spor - İst.B.Şehir Bld. 1-3 (24-26, 25-16, 22-25, 21-25) stats
    Arkas: Fuante xx, Ahmet x, Duerden xx, Kadir xx, Emin xx, Hüseyin xx, Nuri (L) xx, Barutay x, Bülent x
    İst.B.Şehir Bld. i: Trommel xxx, Erhan xxx, Stoykov xx, Scott xx, Hakan xx, Ulaş xxx, barış (L) xx, Umut xx, Muhammet x, Volkan xxx, Hakan Akışık xx
    MVP: Jeroen Trommel

• ARKASSPOR 3 - 2 FENERBAHÇE

• 3rd round
    Maliye Milli Piyango - Halkbank 0-3 (23-25 17-25 21-25) stats
    SGK - Beşiktaş 3-2 (23-25 20-25 25-14 25-19 15-9) stats
    İst.B.Şehir Bld. - Ziraat Bankası 2-3 (25-20 25-23 17-25 23-25 7-15) stats
    Galatasaray - Diltaş Eğt. Kurumu 3-2 (25-23 21-25 28-30 25-22 15-12) stats
    Arkas Spor - Fenerbahçe 3-2 (20-25 25-19 25-22 20-25 15-10) stats
    Belediye Plevne - Bozkurt Bld. 1-3 (28-30 25-22 18-25 19-25) stats

Ranking
    SGK 8
    Arkas Spor 8
    İst.B.Şehir Bld. 7
    Fenerbahçe 7
    Halkbank 6
    Galatasaray 5
    Maliye Milli Piyango 5
    Ziraat Bankası 3
    Bozkurt Bld. 3
    Diltaş Eğt. Kurumu 1
    Beşiktaş 1
    Belediye Plevne 0

• 4th round
    Ziraat Bankası - SGK 3-1 (25-18 22-25 25-18 25-21) stats
    Halkbank - İst.B.Şehir Bld. 3-2 (25-22 18-25 23-25 25-21 18-16) stats
    Beşiktaş - Belediye Plevne 3-0 (25-15 25-19 25-20) stats
    Fenerbahçe - Maliye Milli Piyango 3-0 (25-17 25-19 25-17) stats
    Bozkurt Bld. - Galatasaray 1-3 (18-25 23-25 25-21 20-25) stats
    Diltaş Eğt. Kurumu - Arkas Spor 1-3 (23-25 25-18 17-25 26-28 ) stats

Ranking
    1. Arkas Spor 11
    2. Fenerbahçe 10
    3. SGK 8
    4. Halkbank 8
    5. Galatasaray 8
    6. İst.B.Şehir Bld. 8
    7. Ziraat Bankası 6
    8. Maliye Milli Piyango 5
    9. Beşiktaş 4
    10. Bozkurt Bld. 3
    11. Diltaş Eğt. Kurumu 1
    12. Belediye Plevne 0

• Hi! Do you know when Hector Soto will be back to Arkas? What do you think about Turkey Cup? Do you have some important imformation about it (for example injury)? :)

• Turkish Cup second round game result

Fenerbahçe 3 Arkasspor 1

Sets: (25-17, 18-25, 44-42, 25-22)
    Time: 121 minutes (23, 24, 48, 26)

Highlights from the game.

http://video.ntvmsnbc.com/?445…6032155118243199190110021

Other games:

Halk Bankası-Niksar Belediye (3 - 0)
    Polis Akademisi ve Koleji-Kastamonu Bozkurt Belediye (1 - 3)
    İstanbul Büyükşehir Belediye-Tokat Belediyesi Plevnespor (3 - 0)
    Diltaş Eğitim Kurumu-Tofaş (3 - 1)

• Hi XIII, unfortunately I don't know when Soto will back.

Turkish Cup second round game result

Fenerbahçe 3 Arkasspor 1

Sets: (25-17, 18-25, 44-42, 25-22)
    Time: 121 minutes (23, 24, 48, 26)[/url]

Very 'colorful' match :roll: If I've good counted 3 yellow and 1 red cards heh

• 5th round
    Maliye Milli Piyango - Diltaş Eğt. Kurumu 3-0 (25-19 25-23 25-21) stats
    SGK - Halkbank 3-2 (25-16 19-25 20-25 25-23 15-13) stats
    Galatasaray - Arkas Spor 2-3 (36-34 31-29 19-25 27-29 11-15) stats
    Arkas visited TVF 50. Yıl Sports Hall second time this week after Türkiye Cup match. Izmir representative defeats Galatasaray 3-2.

TVF wanted to prove it would not support Arkas against any team in the league, so that “Card lover referee” Ilhami Senyurt was on the tower again after Türkiye Cup disaster. Galatasaray had a quick start to 0-3 with the services of setter Frank Dehne, Arkas responded Paul Duerden blocking Kemal 3-3 but Cimbom ran faster to first break 8-4. Guest Arkas was having too many receive mistakes, therefore Galatasaray was really comfort to second tech time-out 16-7. After using two time-outs, Trainer Benitez managed to pick up his team, score became 18-14, host called a time out then. Paul Duerden attacked, Kadir Cin served and Arkas came back while Işık Menküer taking his second time out 21-20. Game tied at 22-22, this situation continued for 14 points, finally home team Galatasaray got the set 36-34.

Philippe Barca was the leader of Galatasaray in the begining of second set to 8-6, two point difference was kept on until second break 16-14. Another critical set was being played, Arkas was leading approaching to the end 21-22 with the help of Barca, made a receive mistake. However Captain Dehne and newcomer Ibrahim Emet stood up and brought 23-22. This set was like the previous one, extended for many points, nevertheless result was not different 31-29.

A premier happened in the third set and guest team moved ahead 3 points 2-5, Galatasaray coach Menküer stopped the game but Arkas did not give up 4-8. Everybody was thinking everything was possible fort his mach, like Cimbom caught up the opponent 15-16. But Arkas would never let the opponent go ahead, held the game more than anytime they did, increased the gap with straight points and won the set 19-25.

Opposite the expected, everything had been easy during the match but when it was 9-7 in the 4th set, referee Ilhami Senyurt was being controversial again, gave the point to home team even 2nd referee decided it was Arkas right. Galatasaray ran 13-9, Arkas caught 14-14, second break came 16-15, Arkas walked ahead once again 17-18. While coming to the end, Arkas rised up once again to 21-23, Cimbom got back 23-23. Galatasaray found a chance for match point 25-24, over and over 26-25, but Arkas tried so hard and brought the equality to the match 27-29.

Missed services were seen in the last by Galatasaray, Arkas did not say “no” to these treat 4-7. Flying Duerden changed the courts of the teams at 5-8, Galatasaray used the second time out while Duerden pulling his team up 7-10. This three point gap was not changed, Arkas got the last 11-15. Consequently, Arkas managed to win this hard match 2-3 from 2-0.

Hall: TVF 50. Yıl
    Referees: İlhami Şenyurt , Aydın Ay

Galatasaray: Dehne xxx , Nemer xxx , Murathan xxxx , Kemal xxx , Barca xxx , Ahmet x , Güray(L) xx , İbrahim Emet xx , İbrahim Akşeker xx , Semih x , Caner xx
    Arkas: De la Fuente xxx , Emin x , Duerden xxxx , Kadir xx , Ahmet xxxx , Hüseyin xxx , Nuri(L) xx , Bülent xxx , Burutay x , Mustafa Ünal xxx
    http://www.voleybolunesi.com

Bozkurt Bld. - Beşiktaş 3-0 (25-21 25-23 25-19) stats
    Belediye Plevne - Ziraat Bankası 0-3 (22-25 21-25 20-25) stats
    İst.B.Şehir Bld. - Fenerbahçe 10.11.2009

• Last match of 5th round
    İst.B.Şehir Bld. - Fenerbahçe 3-1 (25-22 25-23 19-25 25-13) stats

IBB rised up against Fenerbahçe
    The last match of Aroma Men’s League 5th week was played in Umraniye Haldun Alagaş Sports Hall. Last year’s final rivals İstanbul Buyuksehir Belediyesi (IBB) and Fenerbahce faced, host IBB won the game 3-1.

Both teams were playing under control, all the players on the court knew each other. Fenerbahçe was leading the first tech time out 7-8, Jeroen Trommel was talking on number six, answered by Gabriel Gardner to enter second break 14-16. None of the teams were using strong services, consequently point receives resulted variation attacks. IBB caught up the opponent and moved ahead at 18-17 again, Erhan Dünge spiked and Fenerbahçe called a time out 23-21. Old Wolf Hakan Fertelli scored two points and set over 25-22.

Fenerbahçe setter Arslan started to second set with efficient services to 0-3, however IBB picked up and put the pressure on the game 8-7. Missed services were ascendant in the set, home team was still ahead coming to second break 16-14. Host almost arrived to the end 23-20, but yellow-blues would not give up to 23-22. Tomislav Coskovic responded Ryan Millar on attack, anyway Jeroen Trommel put the last stop at 25-23.

IBB was comfort, but this comfort would not keep on like that, after three consecutive mistakes, Fenerbahçe had 0-5, guest team came to first technical break at 2-8. IBB was able control the game against tough rival, thus difference became less 12-16. Municipality wanted to win without losing set, two high blocks made the score more contentious 15-16. Scattered game was affecting both teams some part of the set, Fenerbahçe was more profitable as a result of Coscovic’s two block points 17-22. Guest canary did not wait so long, got the set at the end 19-25.

Too much difference were seen in the first part of fourth set, Ryan Millar was on the sky, exploding the ball via thunder spikes, finally Fenerbahçe Captain Arslan was defeated by his own passion, saw a yellow card and IBB arrived to tech time out 8-2. Orange team still held the control of the game while passing over the second break 16-9. While Ryan Millar was blocking Lucas Divis on the net, everybody at hall saw there was no gravity for American middle player. Volkan was serving, front players were blocking, shortly IBB was playing a total volleyball, everyone admired them, home team won the easiest set in this match 25-13, IBB sent the opponent with no point 3-1.

İstanbul Buyuksehir Belediye: Ulaş xxx , Trommel xxxx , Erhan xxxx , Hakan Akışık xx , Touzinsky xx , Millar xxxx , Barış(L) xxx , Hakan Fertelli x , Volkan xx
    Fenerbahçe: Özkan xxx , Arslan x , Coskovic xx , Yasin xx , Gardner xxx , Divis xxx , Serkan(L) xxx , Cem x
    http://www.voleybolunesi.com

Ranking
    1. Arkas Spor 13
    2. İst.B.Şehir Bld. 11
    3. SGK 10
    4. Fenerbahçe 10
    5. Halkbank 9
    6. Ziraat Bankası 9
    7. Galatasaray 9
    8. Maliye Milli Piyango 8
    9. Bozkurt Bld. 6
    10. Beşiktaş 4
    11. Diltaş Eğt. Kurumu 1
    12. Belediye Plevne 0

• 6th round
    Halkbank - Belediye Plevne 3-0 (25-16 25-15 25-17) stats
    Ziraat Bankası - Bozkurt Bld. 3-0 (25-23 25-14 25-21) stats
    Beşiktaş - Galatasaray 3-0 (25-18 25-23 25-20) stats
    Fenerbahçe - SGK 3-0 (25-21 25-16 25-12) stats
    Arkas Spor - Maliye Milli Piyango 3-1 (25-21 19-25 26-24 25-19) stats
    Diltaş Eğt. Kurumu - İst.B.Şehir Bld. 1-3 (18-25 24-26 25-18 16-25) stats

Ranking
    1. Arkas Spor 16
    2. İst.B.Şehir Bld. 14
    3. Fenerbahçe 13
    4. Halkbank 12
    5. Ziraat Bankası 12
    6. SGK 10
    7. Galatasaray 9
    8. Maliye Milli Piyango 8
    9. Beşiktaş 7
    10. Bozkurt Bld. 6
    11. Diltaş Eğt. Kurumu 1
    12. Belediye Plevne 0

• Cup of Turkey
    Quaterfinals

SGK - Bozkurt Bld. 3-1 (21-25 25-16 25-18 25-22) stats
    Ziraat Bankası - Fenerbahçe 2-3 (24-26 21-25 26-24 25-18 10-15) stats
    Diltaş Eğt. Kurumu - Halkbank 0-3 (29-31 25-27 21-25) stats
    Galatasaray - İst.B.Şehir Bld. 3-1 (27-25 26-24 17-25 28-26) stats

Revenge games are on November 24-25th

• Results of the week

SGK - Diltaş Eğt. Kurumu :3-2 (25-13‚22-25‚25-15‚16-25‚15-12)

Beşiktaş - Ziraat Bankası :3-2 (20-25‚25-17‚25-21‚13-25‚17-15)

İst.B.Şehir Bld. - Arkas Spor:3-0 (25-19‚25-22‚25-19)

Galatasaray - Maliye Milli Piyango:3-2 (23-25‚25-23‚25-22‚22-25‚15-12)

Bozkurt Bld. - Halkbank:0-3 (15-25‚17-25‚18-25)

Belediye Plevne - Fenerbahçe :0-3 (14-25‚23-25‚20-25)

Standings

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• Does Someone know y Gundars celitans didn't play with Ziraat in the last game couple days ago?

• Fenerbahçe - Ziraat Bankası 0-3 (21-25 17-25 19-25) stats
    Bozkurt Bld. - SGK 3-1 (25-20 25-18 19-25 golden set: 28-26) stats
    Halkbank - Diltaş Eğt. Kurumu 3-0 (25-22 25-18 25-22) stats
    İst.B.Şehir Bld. - Galatasaray 3-2 (25-18 25-20 21-25 26-28 15-8 ) stats

Qualified teams: Ziraat Bankası, Bozkurt Bld., Halkbank, Galatasaray