Italy Serie A1 2010-2011

• first victory of our championship against a good team who anyway showed today a bad volleyball.
    i really hope that this 3-0 can make Copra gain confidence and return to stay in the part of the standing that we deserve, even if next sunday we will play in Treviso versus a Sisley which is in a very good shape.
    Nilsson is improving...slowly, but improving :) let's keep fingers crossed...

meanwhile, last wednesday in Trento, the anticipation of the 10th round(scheduled for the 14th of December when Trento is in Qatar for the wordl cup)

Itas Trento - Copra Piacenza 3-0 (25-21, 25-19, 25-23)

that day there were the first good signals of the championship after the first 2 losses...we leaded almost full the first set and stay point by point with Trento for all the third one. Only their experience could solve the game, but after the match i was quite happy for what i've saw on the court, and infact today that signals found a confirmation with our victory against Modena ;)

2001: Italian champions beach volley 4x4
    2002: Italian League Serie A2 - Italian Cup Serie A2
    2004: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2006: Top Teams Cup - Italian Cup's runner up
    2007: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2008: Champions league's runner up - Italian league's runner up
    2009: Italian League
    2009: Italian Supercup
    2010: Cev Cup's runner up
    2013: Challenge Cup
    <<We're always with you, and we will never leave you alone!>>

• Hi.
    http://www.volleyball.it/redaz…ewArticle&articleId=59149
    Can someone translate this text on english?? Translations aren't good quality ;) .

In short, Wijsmans didnt play first 3 rounds cause waited to be given italian citizenship and now it is done, he now has Italian nationality and more foreign players can be on cuneo court. Btw he immidiately was MVP of today game vs Latina.

Other thing what i cant believe is Rai, mediocre Roma was broadcasted 3 rounds in a row and now i see they are announced to be even in next round :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :obey: :aww: :aww: :aww: Rai is a joke, bad one.
    For example, they broadcast Monza-Roma when in schedule there is match like Macerata-Trentino :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :rolll: :obey: :gone:

and we couldnt see a big mess what was happening there today :whistle:

First, Savani was highly doubtfull because of an injury on his hand -----> MVP of the match with 8 aces :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Juantorena got ill, stomach trouble ----> out and Kaziyski on court unplanned...
    In set 2 Martino hurt knee, in set 3 Podrascanin hurt hand

There was like a paralel universe there, and at the end of the (tragy)comedy Trento won 3-2, big messssssss :gone:

• RESULTS
    Lube Banca Marche Macerata-Itas Diatec Trentino 2-3 (25-20, 21-25, 25-15, 17-25, 11-15)
    Casa Modena-Tonno Callipo Vibo Valentia 3-2 (23-25, 27-25, 14-25, 25-17, 15-13)
    Sisley Treviso-Copra Morpho Piacenza 2-3 (25-21, 21-25, 26-28, 25-18, 13-15)
    Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo-Andreoli Latina 3-0 (25-17, 25-21, 25-16)
    Acqua Paradiso Monza Brianza-M. Roma Volley 2-3 (25-19, 25-23, 22-25, 23-25, 13-15)
    RPA-LuigiBacchi.it San Giustino-Marmi Lanza Verona 3-0 (25-23, 25-23, 25-20)
    Yoga Forlì-BCC-NEP Castellana Grotte 1-3 (20-25, 20-25, 25-23, 17-25)

STANDING
    Itas Diatec Trentino 14
    Lube Banca Marche Macerata 10
    Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo 10
    M. Roma Volley 7
    Andreoli Latina 7
    Sisley Treviso 7
    Casa Modena 6
    Marmi Lanza Verona 6
    Copra Morpho Piacenza 5
    Acqua Paradiso Monza Brianza 4
    BCC-NEP Castellana Grotte 4
    Tonno Callipo Vibo Valentia 4
    RPA-LuigiBacchi.it San Giustino 3
    Yoga Forlì 0.

Notes: 1 match more: Itas Diatec Trentino, Copra Morpho Piacenza.

NEXT ROUND
    Copra Morpho Piacenza-Andreoli Latina
    RPA-LuigiBacchi.it San Giustino-Yoga Forlì
    Acqua Paradiso Monza Brianza-Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo
    Tonno Callipo Vibo Valentia-Sisley Treviso
    Casa Modena-Itas Diatec Trentino
    Marmi Lanza Verona-Lube Banca Marche Macerata
    BCC-NEP Castellana Grotte-M. Roma Volley

• here we go guys! this is the right street! Copra finally seems to be waken up and won a very difficult game in Treviso against a very good Sisley.
    Nilsson 21 points, i was sure that this guy only needed some time and patience, now it seems to me he finds the right shape to play at his level and be the strong opposite we desperately needed.
    in other matches:
    -Trento was able to won 3-2 in Macerata when Lube was leading 2-1, but the problem is always the same: will Trento be able to arrive in May at the same condition they're now? or they will choose the wrong solutions as every year and, after have won another champions league(i think also this year they will win it) they will disappear in Italian League and loose the third title in a row?
    -Roma is improving as Piacenza, and won in another tie-break in Monza, where the local team in my opinion is the biggest disappointing of this very first part of the season. i mean, you have Rooney, you have Gavotto and Travica who plays together since 3 years, you have Exiga, you have Shumov...you must do something better...
    -Modena don't persuade anymore and suffered to beat 3-2 Vibo Valentia, which in my opinion will fight with San Giustino, Forlì and Castellana Grotte to remain in A1
    -first victory of San Giustino, 3-0 to a bad bad Verona
    -Cuneo easily outclashed Latina, at home the Italian Champions are going to be quite unbeatable according to me

• I have a bit different opinion about some teams

IMO Vibo has great potential, i dont know what is financial situation down there, but according to first rounds IMO they will fight for PO, not relegation. Recent additions Rivera and N.Nikolov make this team playoff potential, IMO of course... We will see that imidiately next round when tired and totally out of form Sisley going down there after midweek trip to Istanbul, they might got hurt on south of Italy....

San Giustino also will rise after brutal schedule they had: Cuneo, Trentino and Macerata are way beyond them. Now after win over Verona they should beat Forli without many problems and middle of the table is already here.

Modena and Sisley if do not improve dramatically they wont enter playoffs but for such big teams there is small chance to remain on such low level

My vote for relegation is 2/3 from triple : Roma, Castellana and Forli...Roma had some incredible luck in the beginning, they will fall like a meteor to bottom of the table sooner or later

• Winning against out of form Sisley isn't special (but respect for mental toughness :obey: ), unless Sisley something doesn't t change they will face with big problems during the season.. Sisley had match, leading 10-4 in 5th set and lost :cheesy: also missed 4 sp in 4th set. Maybe this is the sign Copra nightmare is over but lets wait little bit more because they played against one serious team - Trentino and lost easily :whistle:

Grotta and Forli are weakest teams IMO, nothing can change about that, althought Forli have solid names in roster... but they don't have bomber opposite because Falasca doesn't possess quality for this league.

Roma depends too much on Poey, so if he doesn't have its day they're in big troubles. I can't rate them yet, but don't believe they will face relegation zone. Uriarte is doing great job as setter and doubt we will see him in Roma next year :wavy:

• Copra played against one serious team - Trentino and lost easily :whistle:

mmh i wouldn't say easily only because it was a 3-0 :)
    in that game we began to show some good volleyball and i think the victory against Modena was a consequence of the confidence we gain in the match versus Trento.
    we lost the first set after having lead it for so long, and in the third set there was a 25-23 so not so easy for Trento.. ;)
    i think we were too strong in the past years so everyone expect always something special from Copra 8) but this year is different, our target is 5th place, not more

• RESULTS
    Copra Morpho Piacenza-Andreoli Latina 3-2 (23-25, 25-18, 25-22, 25-27, 15-10)
    RPA-LuigiBacchi.it San Giustino-Yoga Forlì 3-1 (28-26, 25-22, 22-25, 27-25)
    Acqua Paradiso Monza Brianza-Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo 1-3 (25-16, 24-26, 22-25, 23-25)
    Tonno Callipo Vibo Valentia-Sisley Treviso 3-2 (25-23, 19-25, 26-28, 25-23, 15-13)
    Casa Modena-Itas Diatec Trentino 0-3 (18-25, 22-25, 19-25)
    Marmi Lanza Verona-Lube Banca Marche Macerata 1-3 (23-25, 25-23, 19-25, 18-25)
    BCC-NEP Castellana Grotte-M. Roma Volley 1-3 (25-27, 19-25, 25-22, 27-29)

STANDING
    Itas Diatec Trentino 17,
    Lube Banca Marche Macerata 13,
    Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo 13,
    M. Roma Volley 10,
    Andreoli Latina 8,
    Sisley Treviso 8,
    Copra Morpho Piacenza 7,
    Casa Modena 6,
    Marmi Lanza Verona 6,
    RPA-LuigiBacchi.it San Giustino 6,
    Tonno Callipo Vibo Valentia 6,
    Acqua Paradiso Monza Brianza 4,
    BCC-NEP Castellana Grotte 4,
    Yoga Forlì 0.

1 MATCH MORE: Itas Diatec Trentino, Copra Morpho Piacenza;

NEXT ROUND
    Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo-Casa Modena
    Sisley Treviso-Acqua Paradiso Monza Brianza
    Lube Banca Marche Macerata-BCC-NEP Castellana Grotte
    Copra Morpho Piacenza-Yoga Forlì
    M. Roma Volley-RPA-LuigiBacchi.it San Giustino
    Andreoli Latina-Marmi Lanza Verona
    Itas Diatec Trentino-Tonno Callipo Vibo Valentia

• Oh oh Treviso, but wow Trentino :O

• Oh oh Treviso, but wow Trentino :O

Treviso was predestined to loose, look some posts above :lol: :whistling: :whistle:

Modena was without Dennis, and his absence cant be replaced, Trentino killed Modena attack with 12 blocks, opposite substitute Casadei had 18% attack :bump:

• Victor Yosifooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooov :super: :super: :super:

• RESULTS
    Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo-Casa Modena 3-0 (25-21, 25-22, 25-22)

Sisley Treviso-Acqua Paradiso Monza Brianza 1-3 (23-25, 25-23, 21-25, 15-25)

Lube Banca Marche Macerata-BCC-NEP Castellana Grotte 3-0 (26-24, 25-20, 25-18 )

Copra Morpho Piacenza-Yoga Forlì 3-0 (25-20, 25-21, 25-19)

M. Roma Volley-RPA-LuigiBacchi.it San Giustino 3-1 (15-25, 25-21, 25-15, 25-12)

Andreoli Latina-Marmi Lanza Verona 3-2 (25-18, 26-28, 25-20, 24-26, 15-8 )

Itas Diatec Trentino-Tonno Callipo Vibo Valentia 3-0 (25-19, 25-18, 25-23)

STANDING
    Itas Diatec Trentino 20
    Lube Banca Marche Macerata 16
    Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo 16
    M. Roma Volley 13
    Copra Morpho Piacenza 10
    Andreoli Latina 10
    Sisley Treviso 8
    Marmi Lanza Verona 7
    Acqua Paradiso Monza Brianza 7
    Casa Modena 6
    RPA-LuigiBacchi.it San Giustino 6
    Tonno Callipo Vibo Valentia 6
    BCC-NEP Castellana Grotte 4
    Yoga Forlì 0.

Note: 1 match more: Itas Diatec Trentino, Copra Morpho Piacenza;

NEXT ROUND(Wednesday h.20.30)
    Andreoli Latina-Lube Banca Marche Macerata
    Yoga Forlì-Casa Modena
    M. Roma Volley-Itas Diatec Trentino
    Tonno Callipo Vibo Valentia-Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo
    Marmi Lanza Verona-Sisley Treviso
    RPA-LuigiBacchi.it San Giustino-Copra Morpho Piacenza
    BCC-NEP Castellana Grotte-Acqua Paradiso Monza Brianza

• Victor Yosifooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooov :super: :super: :super:

great match for a middle blocker!
    16 points in 4 sets with 5 blocks

• Yosifov, Nikolov and Todorov are first class middle blockers. I hope we will have the tactics to use them properly in our NT
    I see that Copra is getting better and better :)

• What a game for our hero Zhukouski, match turned from 0-2 to 3-2, marvelous, hope many of you watched this game which was broadcasted :super: :super: :super: :super:

P.S even officially Nomination MVP Zhukouski Tsimafei , as setter :box: :set:

• What a game for our hero Zhukouski, match turned from 0-2 to 3-2, marvelous, hope many of you watched this game which was broadcasted :super: :super: :super: :super:

Of course, we did :thumbup: A really great game to watch, I was even wondering why Steuerwald-Dias started instead of the young Zhukouski-Van den Dries.. Man, I expected so much more from this guy Fabricio Dias, he came as someone with amazing abilities, but I guess he would need more time... Van den Dries is great, in fact taller, younger and more powerful than Dias, he has the right conditions to develop, especially if Dias keeps disappointing! The stats of the Brazilian so far are not that impressive, but I think he will get better soon.. Zhukouski is better than Steuerwald IMO despite the young age! He has the potential to be among the best! The only one I'd bench regularly is Nikic, but I don't like him that much in general, so don't mind :D

Piacenza have some work to do with these new guys in town.. I still can't see Nilsson getting any closer to his normal!

• Yeah, I saw the game too and was very impressed by Van Den Dries. Imo he was the main reason for the comeback. Zhukovski played great too- nice accurate setting, a bit invariable though.

And the situation in Forli is getting ridiculous- Kovacevic injured, his sub Cuturic playing piss poor so Falasca had to play as OH today :D I read they will try to sign Janic or Quiroga, but will Falasca be playing as OH till then ?(