Belgian League 2010-2011

• Thanks, nice description. Do you think Lennik has the financial structure to play Champions League though? And yeah I actually hope Krolis will get called for NT. When he was young people always used to predict he would be the future opposite for the Dutch NT.

• From Ivan Contrers' site

Devastating loss for Knack!
    Not much to say about last night´s match. Knack is obviously out of sync and was not able to have a good night inside the court to come out with an important win over Maaseik to defend their participation in the final of the Belgian Competition.

From the beginning, the problems started to show and it was obvious that Knack was going to have to struggle to compete at the level needed. The first set was an easy one for the local team taking it with a 25-18 score.

The second set was the closest of the night and our guys in blue even had 2 chances of taking the set and to tie the match at one set a piece but a questionable call by the referees might have sealed the faith of our guys when they dropped the second set with a 28-26 score.

The third set was pretty much the same story, our guys kept trying but it was evident that nothing was going their way. At the end and against the desires of all the fans and players, they drop the last and definite set with a 25-22 score.

With this unfortunate result it seems that unless things change in the last 2 matches of the play-offs there will finally be a different final than a Knack-Maaseik one. This at the expense of Knack that has had a very bad showing during the play-offs.

contrerasivan.com

• Thanks, nice description. Do you think Lennik has the financial structure to play Champions League though? And yeah I actually hope Krolis will get called for NT. When he was young people always used to predict he would be the future opposite for the Dutch NT.

A possible Champions League will be certainly a big challenge for Lennik.

• They only have roughly half the budget of Maaseik or Roeselare
    • their venue is certainly not suitable according to CL-regulations (without any viable alternatives nearby)
    • it's the first time ever they may enter this competition
    • their manager left the team only last season.

So, we'll have to see how that turns out.

I also think Krolis really deserves a spot in the Oranje-lineup.
    Klapwijk was really performing strong last season, but seems he lost some consistency since his surgery.
    I'm not sure how Kay Van Dijk is doing, but I think he was not a regular starter this season in his team (Budva, was it?).
    Dick Kooy played opposite on a few occasions, but I think he's of more use playing outside hitter/reception.

• So if Lennik forfeits the champion league, then Roeselare still might get to play in it.

Yeah Klapwijk never returned to his best form, which I'm sure he eventually will. Also don't think van Dijk played much at all (just comes in for serve sometimes), Kooy is indeed not used to playing as an opposite. Perhaps it's a future option though, since his reception is definitely not getting better (worse if anything). So if you sum this up, Benne really has no choice but to call Krolis.

• You mixed Budva and Bled... Kay ''plays'' because he is sub for Šket. He played only few matches this season :wavy:

• Great shock in Roeselare. After tragic play offs matches, they didn't make it to the play offs final.

Today, Knack Randstad Roeselare informed Kristof Hoho, Ivan Contreras, Tije Vlam and Armands Celitans that they ended the contracts with these players and looking for subtitutes for these players.

The management says:

- Ivan Contreras is too old (37 years) and they are searching for a much younger and stronger opposite. He delivered good performances this season and the other 10 years in Roeselare, but he's not the same opposite like 5 years ago and needs to be substituted.
    - Kristof Hoho wanted to stay, but with better financial conditions. Roeselare decided that his financial condition is not feasible for the club and ended contract with Hoho.
    - The prestations of Armands Celitans were not as expected, there's no place for him in the future team of Knack Randstad Roeselare.
    - Tije Vlam is struggling with his back and the medical staff suspects that he has a hernia and must undergo an operation. Roeselare won't risk to extend the contract with Vlam.

Knack Randstad Roeselare negotiates with Hendrik Tuerlinckx, Manuel Callebert and Wouter Verhelst, but the club says the conversations were good, but they still have to sign a contract.

The club also doubts about the future of second libero, Kevin Geerinckx, in Knack Ranstad Roeselare.

Last, but definetely not least: the club is negotiating with Frank Depestele (nominated and elected as best male volleyball player in the Belgian league this season), but he has more than 5 offers from other clubs, which Friedrichshafen has to best financial conditions. In April, Frank will decide he will stay at Roeselare or leave Belgium for another adventure abroad.

Sam Deroo and Stijn D'hulst still have a contract with Roeselare.

Matthijs Verhanneman will leave Roeselare and play next season at Trentino Volley in Italy.

Also, next season, Randstad will stop sponsoring Roeselare. The financial budget of Knack ... Roeselare stays the same, but they search for another big sponsor.

• Wow, I hope the fact that they're not in the final didn't motivate them to start firing players left and right. Too bad to hear about Vlam, he was playing really well I think.

• It's nice to see another Belgian Team in CL. But at the same time i hope Roselare can make a better team next season and not just firing players.

• Could Someone help Me and write here where will I find the women's competition?

Bartek,

Even for me - as a Dutch-speaking person - it has been impossible so far to find a website about Belgian Women's League... I think there is no one :rolll:

• Results (league and cup), ranking you can find here http://www.volleyvvb.be

That's right, Justyna :win: It's the site of the Flamish Volleyball Association... there you can find the results, but that's all :!: ..there is no full website like for Belgian Men's League (http://www.volleyliga.be)

• Best players
    Best scorer: Rosiers Wannes (Aquacare Halen)
    Best attacker: Radovic Dragan (Noliko Maaseik)
    Best bloker: Verhees Pieter (VC Euphony Asse-Lennik)
    Best receiver: Deroey Dennis (Noliko Maaseik)
    Best server: Petric Nemanja (VC Euphony Asse-Lennik)

• Whos is the champion? :what:

• lol, Lennik have beaten Maaseik without any contribution by both opposites and with a phenomenal game by Pieter Verhees (11 blocks!) :thumbup: I guess this team deserves its place in the final play-offs.

• Not sure if I've ever seen a match with 38 blocks before