Brazilian League 2011/2012

• Yeah, I've read about those many injures in SESI. But they were doing quite well in regular season(the end of that wasn't good, like you said). Unfortunately or fortunately RJX started to play in best moment - earlier it didn't look so good, so I hoped, that SESI would be better team in this battle.
    If season has been ended for SESI it will be very nice to see some brazilians in Europe for next season.

Yes I think is possible for them to maybe go to a team for the end of season. Bruninho did that last season.

But maybe, since its Olympic year they will want to rest a bit before starts preparation with NT.

I think everything will depend on how much clubs will want to offer them..hehe :whistle:

• Hi, guys. I haven't been able to post on the forum, but I'm more or less keeping up with the games and I can offer may take on the brilliant match, between RJX and Sesi.

The match started very balanced (I actually only started watching from the end of the 1st set). In Sesi, Wallace was good, scoring for his team, but from the get go, he was always making painful faces. He was obviously sacrificing himself for the team, cause they also don't have their second opp. For RJX, Marlon was having a very good day, choosing wisely the plays, definitely using everyone, while Sesi was relying pretty much always on Wallace and Murilo. RJX could turn the score in the end of 1st set after they were a few points behind.

The next two sets were totally uneven. Sesi completely dominated the 2nd set and RJX, the 3rd. I think from the 3rd on, Wallace was already in a lot of pain and he was kinda unable to give more to the team. Giovane tried subbing Tiago Barth for Rodrigão (bad call, IMO) and Léo Mineiro for Diogo (should've done earlier maybe), but RJX was serving really really well. Lucão was amazing with his strong serves and Riad totally stepped up in block and attack, it was probably his best match on the season. Sesi's reception, which is probably the best of the tournament, suffered a lot with that.

In the 4th set, RJX started on the lead, and they could've finished there, but I think nerves caught them a bit. Also, Sesi fought their way back into the match. Giovane took Wallace out and then probably Sandro's distribution became more even. The set was very balanced, but in the end, Sidão, who was not playing very well, scored an ace and ended 26-24.

The 5th set was also balanced from the beginning, but after the switch of the court sides, RJX grew a lot. Marlon kept using his middles, and Théo and Chupita were scoring regularly, which I think was a good idea, cause Sesi's block was focusing more on Dante.

It was a tough series overall, and I was very surprised that RJX could finish it in 2 matches. The other series that ended in 2 matches (VF and Medley) was expected already, but this one, not so much. I think in earlier matches, RJX was depending too much on their biggest stars, Lucão and Dante, to make it happen, but at this stage, they're all playing pretty great. Théo was awarded MVP of the match, but the prize could've easily gone to Riad or Chupita. Marlon and Alan were also very good.

As for Sesi, it's tough not being able to count on your opps. Obviously, it was a burden on Murilo having to receive and attack most of the balls. Their MB's weren't that good also. I think Sidão started the tournament better than he finished. Tiago Barth played good in some earlier matches and Rodrigão, honestly, I think his better days are passed.

I think now RJX will face a really tough opponent, that's Vôlei Futuro. Not much to say about these guys, I think: individually, they're pretty much underdogs, but Ricardo leads them with such smoothness, it's unbelievable. RJX has a shot, but if I had to call it, I'd say Vôlei Futuro is now favorites to win the tournament.

The other series will go to 3rd matches. Sada struggled against São Bernardo, but they shall move it to semis, nonetheless. Minas x Cimed is being an amazing series as well. Not the best technically, (I think both teams are reasonably limited), but they play with a lot of heart, it's been great to watch those matches. I think at this side of the competition, among Sada, Minas and Cimed, anything can happen and any of these 3 can move to the final. But I still believe VF is a bit ahead of all the others in the competition.

• There is a whole game of RJX available in Youtube (against Giba's Cimed/SKY). However, it says it dates back to 28.07.2011, which is in the middle of the summer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AgC8Wiez48

As far as we discussed in this very same thread, the season only started in December (correct me if I am wrong). So, my question is, is this one a part from a cup tournament, pre-season preparation, or maybe something else?

• There is a whole game of RJX available in Youtube (against Giba's Cimed/SKY). However, it says it dates back to 28.07.2011, which is in the middle of the summer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AgC8Wiez48

As far as we discussed in this very same thread, the season only started in December (correct me if I am wrong). So, my question is, is this one a part from a cup tournament, pre-season preparation, or maybe something else?

Yeah, this was a friendly match, well more like a Gala match, It was the first match ever from RJX in Rio, could say their first match in history.hehehe, and also Nalbert goodbye game! ;)

It was way before season starts indeed.

• Yeah, this was a friendly match, well more like a Gala match, It was the first match ever from RJX in Rio, could say their first match in history.hehehe, and also Nalbert goodbye game! ;)

It was way before season starts indeed.

OK, thanks a lot ;)

• Sorry I could not find the hole match, just a report about it with the last points of each set. :S

Thanks!!!! :-)

T

• Congratulations to RJX,great effort after playing so bad in league-round!!

• Cruzeiro is the first finalist in Brazil league, they jsut beat Minas and won semifinal series 2-0

Tomorrow has the other decision RJX x Vôlei Futuo, 10h in Maranacazinho, Rio (15h CET)

You can watch it here - http://tevelive.blogspot.com.b…-oglobo-de-brasil-en.html

thank you..it will be an exciting game for sure!!! :super:

• Vôlei Futuro just won RJX 3x1. :(

RJX started really well, adn had chances to make 2x1 in the score, after starting really well the third set, made 17x12, but aloud Volei Futuro to come back in the game, and after VF won that set, It was hard to take their confidence down.

Now third match, again in Araçatuba, so I guess VFhas big chances to get to final. It is really hard to beat them there.

• Rio really need a better libero! :wall: :wall: Marlon also not playing well, which isa problem. Also really missing Felipe on court at the moment.Dante is the only player actually playing to win!! Who knows what Ricardo is mad about in thee match, and why the Dante is mad against the libero? So much drama in this match!

• WOW! :what: :what:

Congrats Volei Futuro!! :super:

Ricardinho :obey: :obey:

Non lasciare mai che la paura di perdere ti impedisca di partecipare!!

29th - Prediction Game - Women's European Championship 2011