Brazilian League 2011/2012

• congrats to Volei Futuro, but personally Iwould have preferred to saee RJX in final...but if they lost they evidently didn't deserve it!
    so congratulations to Volei Futuro, now I'll support you ;) :rolll:

• Any replay of Volei Futuro's semifinal win?

• Rio really need a better libero! :wall: :wall: Marlon also not playing well, which isa problem. Also really missing Felipe on court at the moment.Dante is the only player actually playing to win!! Who knows what Ricardo is mad about in thee match, and why the Dante is mad against the libero? So much drama in this match!

A lot of drama actually, yes.

Ricardo, as we all know, is an amazing setter, but he talks way too much. He's always complaining about something and always trying to influence the referees, and so. I'm still a big fan of his, but I think if he'd cut the attitude, it'd be a great improvement.

In RJX, all hell broke loose, sort of. During the 3rd set, Marlon and Riad got into a big quarrel. Apparently, Riad went complaining about Marlon's distribution. Marlon got super pissed off and they argued bad, exchanged a few less than kind words. As a result, the coach took Riad out. I heard the broadcaster saying Dante, Alan and even Lucão took part of the confusion at one point, but I sort of missed the images, I guess. After Riad went to the bench, he asked the keys to the locker room and kinda abandoned the match. Dante got upset by that as well. Later in the match, Riad went back to court and even hugged Marlon, eventually. Somehow, RJX took it as a way to improve and ended winning the 3rd set. But that was it.

Now there's lots of people I see trashtalking Riad by how he behaved. I think he acted wrong and deserved the criticism, yes, but I see people taking Marlon's side, and I just think it's unfair. First of all, Marlon is the captain of the team. I'm not gonna tell you exactly what he called his teamate during the argument, but it just wasn't pretty. He's also a NT setter, so he should kind of set the example. At the end of the match, he was interviewed and he said that now it's ok and he forgave Riad. So, it seems he acts like he's above good and evil. I really don't care for his attitude as well.

The coach couldn't handle it well, as I see. After the argument, he called time out and he kept trying to reunite his players to calm them down and ask them to focus, but, literally, no one gave a damn about him. So, that's what you get. :white:

• Thanks for clarifying :thumbup: !!! It seems from what i have read on forums, its half and half for Marlon, have like him and half dont like him! Personally he is not my favourite. In the end RJX didnt win though because only Dante was playing well - as a team they were too inconsistent.

• Precisely, I agree with you. I do think Lucão was good too, but that was it. I was a good first year for RJX, though, I think. Last year, Vôlei Futuro had a similar campaign, not the first year ever, but first year with a big budget and a great team. They were also bad during regular phase, but eventually managed to beat the current champions in quarterfinals and move to the semis. And this year, they're in the final 2. Two years ago, in their first year, Sesi was eliminated in the quarters as well and in their next year, they became champions. It could mean an improve for RJX as well, next year. It's always very tough to succeed in your first year, with a new team, in a league as competitive as the brazilian one.

Both teams that made the final this year have nearly no NT players in their rosters, but they have a few years of hard work on their back, a structured basis, so that counts a lot. I hope RJX carries on.

• Hi, Nadejda! :wavy:

:thumbsup: :lol:

• It couldn't be better! =)

:drink: :drink: :drink: :white: :white: :white: :white: :rolll: :dance6: