Italy - Serie A 2011-2012

• I don't think Modena will be stronger. Esko was inconsistent last year, he made some really bad games. Doubt they would have beaten Monza if Esko had not gotten injured and replaced by Bruninho. About the MBs- Yosifov and Sala are better than Larry, and Kooistra is like a level above them all, IMO.

• I don't think Modena will be stronger. Esko was inconsistent last year, he made some really bad games. Doubt they would have beaten Monza if Esko had not gotten injured and replaced by Bruninho. About the MBs- Yosifov and Sala are better than Larry, and Kooistra is like a level above them all, IMO.

Yosifov is one level above Kooistra on block and serve. Kooistra is much better attacker, though

• I agree about San Giustino, I'll definitly be interested in their championship! I expect a lot from them, crossing my finger! :dance6:

Piacenza could be a nice team too...

And of course I expect Trento and Macerata, and also Cuneo, to be on the top. Cuneo is weaker than last season (Vissotto <<<< Nikolov) but still really interesting, with Henno, Grbic, N'gapeth, Wjisman... and Fortunato is not Volkov but he was titoular when Cuneo won the italian championship, so ^^ But last year it was always "Cuneo, Trento are the strongest, with Macerata a little bit under them", this year is probably different...

Despite I'm Trento fan it's fair to admit Cuneo have strongest squad in Italy if Stokr remains as starting opposite. Vissotto isnt weaker than Nikolov, IMO he is better and with him and N'Gapeth Cuneo looks really impressive. Minus can be Giuliani departure but Cuneo looks great.

Sala might be a little better than Kooistra.

Sala is level below Wytze, Yosifov is better in block but Kooistra have monster serve (ask Kaziyski, Juantorena and Bari) and he is much better in attack than Yosifov.

• Despite I'm Trento fan it's fair to admit Cuneo have strongest squad in Italy if Stokr remains as starting opposite. Vissotto isnt weaker than Nikolov, IMO he is better and with him and N'Gapeth Cuneo looks really impressive. Minus can be Giuliani departure but Cuneo looks great.

Sala is level below Wytze, Yosifov is better in block but Kooistra have monster serve (ask Kaziyski, Juantorena and Bari) and he is much better in attack than Yosifov.

Yosifov is better in serving I think. He made 22 serves with no errors and 2 aces against Germany in Varna when we beat them 3:2. Kooistra makes mistakes more often

http://www.legavolley.it/Stati…oFine=2011&Atleta=YOS-VIK

http://www.legavolley.it/Stati…ne=2011&Atleta=KOO-WYT-82

• Visotto better than Nikolov? Ask Rezende who he prefers!

• there is no need to disscuss because we're talking about 2 world class players :drink: personally I prefer Leandro, that's all :wavy:

Leandro from 2009 is great, but today's Leandro looks a bit lost on the court :whistle:

• Leandro from 2009 is great, but today's Leandro looks a bit lost on the court :whistle:

Everyone has weaker moments. Vlado also isn't a superman. Vissotto will back to his best shape, I have no doubt about it.

• Vlado is a superman...to me :D Yeah, but I agree about Leo. Right now he may be a little out of shape, but we'll see what's gonna happen throughout the season. He's definitely one of the top players on this position, and I hope he'll rebuild his great shape again! :super:

• Piachenza invited three Bulgarian U21 NT players - Ventsislav Trifonov (203 cm, MB), Zhani Zhelyazkov (208 cm, OPP) and Borislav Georgiev (180 cm, Setter) together with the coach of the team Nikolay Zhelyazkov, former international volleyball star. The three players should replace for the trainings Vladimir Nikolov, Maxwell Holt and Andrey Zhekov. Looks like Piachenza are working on BG Piachenza project, they want to see the potential of the future generations :bump:

http://volleyball.sportal.bg/news.php?news=321054

• Piachenza invited three Bulgarian U21 NT players - Ventsislav Trifonov (203 cm, MB), Zhani Zhelyazkov (208 cm, OPP) and Borislav Georgiev (180 cm, Setter) together with the coach of the team Nikolay Zhelyazkov, former international volleyball star. The three players should replace for the trainings Vladimir Nikolov, Maxwell Holt and Andrey Zhekov. Looks like Piachenza are working on BG Piachenza project, they want to see the potential of the future generations :bump:

http://volleyball.sportal.bg/news.php?news=321054

I don't know that player at all but he has excellent physical condition. And as an opposite... 8o
    How old is he?

• Have u seen him play? :whistle: :D

Now, I don't know him at all, that's why I asked you. I'm impressed by his physical condition. And I heard a new name... So I'm interested in. Actually, I'm interested in every new Bulgarian player I heard about.
    Why? Is something wrong with him? Don't be so misterious, just tell me :D

• Now, I don't know him at all, that's why I asked you. I'm impressed by his physical condition. And I heard a new name... So I'm interested in. Actually, I'm interested in every new Bulgarian player I heard about.
    Why? Is something wrong with him? Don't be so misterious, just tell me :D

Althought he has great physical potential he didn't showed nothing in Brazil. U have discussion about him in Junior World Championship thread :wavy:

• Zhelyazkov is just... a son of his father :D who is also the coach of junior NT. I really doubt he would ever been called if was not his father the coach and the fact he was playing in Levski - the club owned by the president of BVF and his father used to be the coach of Levski as well :evil: ...yeah, mafia :thumbdown:
    Even though Zhelyazkov was injured recently he wasn't impressive when he was health as well. His only advantage is that he is tall but that's all. He is also very slim, has no power and honestly - no talent.

• Nadejda is subjective when talking about The Great Levski team. Vladimir Nikolov, Boyan Yordanov, Krasimir Gaydarski, Andrey Zhekov, Todor Aleksiev, Bratoev brothers, Metodi Ananiev and other grew up as players in the club, beating Maccerata (while they were champions) in Champions League, Beating Olympiacos, Skra Belhatov and many more. This club was the best until 2008!

• Zhelyazkov is just... a son of his father :D who is also the coach of junior NT. I really doubt he would ever been called if was not his father the coach and the fact he was playing in Levski - the club owned by the president of BVF and his father used to be the coach of Levski as well :evil: ...yeah, mafia :thumbdown:
    Even though Zhelyazkov was injured recently he wasn't impressive when he was health as well. His only advantage is that he is tall but that's all. He is also very slim, has no power and honestly - no talent.

Oh yeah, I guess you have already mentioned it in 'Bulgarian NT' thread. Yeah, that kinda sucks :down: Very demotivating for other, better players.

• Nadejda is subjective when talking about The Great Levski team. Vladimir Nikolov, Boyan Yordanov, Krasimir Gaydarski, Andrey Zhekov, Todor Aleksiev, Bratoev brothers, Metodi Ananiev and other grew up as players in the club, beating Maccerata (while they were champions) in Champions League, Beating Olympiacos, Skra Belhatov and many more. This club was the best until 2008!

First of all, Macerata won the CL only once in 2002, which is 4 years away from 2006 when Levski beat them! Lube was still a great team then though, no doubt about it, a truly remarkable victory for Bulgarian club volleyball! However, Levski nowadays has nothing to do with the old Levski you are talking about, so nadejda is kind of right. I already commented Zhelyazkov Junior in the Junior WC thread, you will see that our opinions match!

• nadejda is 100% righ about everythingt. Jeliazkov is a terribad player, also in the recent past if a player declined a transfer offer from Levski his chances for the NT were nonexistant.
    P.S. Macerata were one very weak team when Levski beat them. They were losing from everyone in Italy and even missed the play-offs at the end of the season.

Oh, please, I have nothing against the Great Levski Team. I am not a fan of THE Great CSKA team (who beat Kazan this year :cheesy: ) to hate them :lol: . I also simply adore Boyan Yordanov and the other guys from Levski that were just great and contributed a lot for our NT dusring the years. However as Yavor said todays Levski has nothing in common with the old one...Zhalyazkov Junior simply sucks, deal with it :lol: