Italy - Serie A 2011-2012

• I liked Creus from last year's games against Trento, he digs wholes in the floor with his spikes :). There are some rumors that Sokolov is being transformed in to a OH as he was in Bulgaria. Any conformation on that?

He plays as OPP in official matches, he can receive like Stokr or Mihaylov but that doesn't make him a receiver :)
    I think Bratoev and Ananiev could do pretty nice job as OHs and Sokolov can stay as OPP in the NT

• He plays as OPP in official matches, he can receive like Stokr or Mihaylov but that doesn't make him a receiver :)
    I think Bratoev and Ananiev could do pretty nice job as OHs and Sokolov can stay as OPP in the NT

He used to be a receiver before he got to Trentino. Think you know that.

• He used to be a receiver before he got to Trentino. Think you know that.

I know only one receiver from Bulgaria and his name is Plamen Konstantinov. The others are changed from opposites :lol:

• Alain Roca go to Ural Ufa!!!!

Non lasciare mai che la paura di perdere ti impedisca di partecipare!!

29th - Prediction Game - Women's European Championship 2011

• I know only one receiver from Bulgaria and his name is Plamen Konstantinov. The others are changed from opposites :lol:

I second that.
    But I would add Danail Mihaylov to Plamen Konstantinov ! :thumbup:

• too bad we lost against Monza, we're qualified for Coppa Italia but for sure we're going out in the 1st round, since we're going to play against Trento or Cuneo or Macerata..we've got no chances :lol: (I mean I don't think we can reach 5th place now -.-).
    We didn't play a bad match (though of course we lose because they do stupid mistakes, not to mention HORRIBLE serving, but that's not a new thing) and Sabbi was impressive, got MVP even though we lost. And watching De Cecco and Boninfante playing at the same moment made me want to cry, Luciano is such a great player, he also has a very good serve and blocks, Boninfante is bad at everything. I don't get why we took him and even paid him A LOT. (I realized that I complain a lot about setters, I know I'm annoying :lol: )

next matches will be 5th January.

Oh and I'm happy because MRoma is finally organizing a bus for an away game so we'll probably go to Macerata 14th of January, even though we're going to lose these trips are always fun :thumbup: and I'm curious to go to Fontescodella :D

• I second that.

Yes, that's how it is unfortunately :(
    And in last matches of Trento which I watched Matey was tragic in reception :white: Actually this has never been his strongest element, of course, but I think he has never played worse on it than now. I have no idea why he's going so retrograde in his development as a receiver, but I hope it is just some temporary occurrence :S

btw, Armel, you're blue! Congrats :win:

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• I second that.

I forgot Todot Baev - Zlatko, too. We may have 3 receivers, but best in receiving, especially Konstantinov :obey:

• Yes, that's how it is unfortunately :(
    And in last matches of Trento which I watched Matey was tragic in reception :white: Actually this has never been his strongest element, of course, but I think he has never played worse on it than now. I have no idea why he's going so retrograde in his development as a receiver, but I hope it is just some temporary occurrence :S

btw, Armel, you're blue! Congrats :win:

Matey had his best receiving this year - Serie A1 final, World League final round, SuperCup, ECH 2011. The questions is that he is not natural born receiver so he can do great only if he focus on that and he focuses only in finals. In the rest of the time he is attack and serving bomb machine with no care for passing

• MVP

Matteo MARTINO (Casa Modena - Tonno Callipo Vibo Valentia)

Tsvetan SOKOLOV (Itas Diatec Trentino - Marmi Lanza Verona)

Leandro VISSOTTO (Copra Elior Piacenza - Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo)

Tine URNAUT (Fidia Padova – Energy Resources San Giustino)

Cristian SAVANI (Lube Banca Marche Macerata – Sisley Belluno)

Giulio SABBI (Acqua Paradiso Monza Brianza – M. Roma Volley)

Rodrigo Daniel QUIROGA (CMC Ravenna – Andreoli Latina)

Non lasciare mai che la paura di perdere ti impedisca di partecipare!!

29th - Prediction Game - Women's European Championship 2011

• Matey had his best receiving this year - Serie A1 final, World League final round, SuperCup, ECH 2011. The questions is that he is not natural born receiver so he can do great only if he focus on that and he focuses only in finals. In the rest of the time he is attack and serving bomb machine with no care for passing

Hm, I can't agree that he doesn't consider reception as his priority, because to be among the best on his position he has to be at least a steady reciever (even avarage). When you play in a match, you are whole into the game and give your best according to your current condition, beleive me no serious professional player thinks things like "Oh, I'm great in attack, so I don't see any need to sweat on reception", you make the effrot to play every single situation in the most efficent and best way. You can't just focus on one of the basic elements in this sport and for your position only on finals, that's not realistic. IMO, he was much more stable on that element before, yes as I said it has always been his weakest one, but he managed well enough, and now...I have hightmares when I remember his "receiving" in the 1st match against ZAKsa for example - that's horrible even for a friendly match. My point is that there is no logic that he is going backwards in his development as a receiver, you said it yourself that he is not born receiver - that's why he has to work more on this element to improve it and it is supposed that with time he could only better it - it's unexplainable that he is playing worse on it lately, at least in matches I could watch. Of course that could be only some temporary discomfort or something like that, I hope that's the reason. Plus, I have heard of players who in some matches "save" themselves in attacking or serving for different reason (healthy problems, tiredness, too weak opponent and so on) but players, who "save" themselves in reception is something unfamiliar to me. To start any game you have to receive the ball first, cause if not - we saw waht happened in 2 set in Czestochowa- JSW match = tragedy.

Wild Wild West!

" There is nothing better than this"

• Surprise.

• Hm, I can't agree that he doesn't consider reception as his priority, because to be among the best on his position he has to be at least a steady reciever (even avarage). When you play in a match, you are whole into the game and give your best according to your current condition, beleive me no serious professional player thinks things like "Oh, I'm great in attack, so I don't see any need to sweat on reception", you make the effrot to play every single situation in the most efficent and best way. You can't just focus on one of the basic elements in this sport and for your position only on finals, that's not realistic. IMO, he was much more stable on that element before, yes as I said it has always been his weakest one, but he managed well enough, and now...I have hightmares when I remember his "receiving" in the 1st match against ZAKsa for example - that's horrible even for a friendly match. My point is that there is no logic that he is going backwards in his development as a receiver, you said it yourself that he is not born receiver - that's why he has to work more on this element to improve it and it is supposed that with time he could only better it - it's unexplainable that he is playing worse on it lately, at least in matches I could watch. Of course that could be only some temporary discomfort or something like that, I hope that's the reason. Plus, I have heard of players who in some matches "save" themselves in attacking or serving for different reason (healthy problems, tiredness, too weak opponent and so on) but players, who "save" themselves in reception is something unfamiliar to me. To start any game you have to receive the ball first, cause if not - we saw waht happened in 2 set in Czestochowa- JSW match = tragedy.

It doesn't matter the stats in regular season. Matey is one of the few players who has dramatic increase of quality of playing during playoffs and finals. If you isolate this games and compare with all year stats you will see the difference. And having nightmares - he was one of the best receivers in ECH2011, 75% against Russia with most of the serves on him, was that nightmare? He is working hard to improve, his block improved, his reception is almost right in finals now. Don't expect him to have great reception in regular games, he is saving his health, that's why there is big difference with playoffs.
    P.S. He is our best receiver now if we don't count Penchev. Skrimov, Aleksiev are worse, Ananiev is the same level, Bratoev is may be a little better but not experienced enough. Ain't it funny - from three receiving players - Kaziyski, Ivanov, Aleksiev, Kaziyski had to cover the libero :D If that won't learn him to receive, nothing will :rolll:

• Kk15 uploaded it :obey:

• Cuneo - Macerata 8.05.2011 Serie A1 Semifinal, fifth match, Highlights

• Great match Cuneo - Modena... 1-2 so far.. Piscopo, Sala and Anderson are attacking monsters while Gigi is true leader of Cuneo!

P.S Wijsmans new hairstyle is so nice, but not for him :lol: