Italy - Serie A 2011-2012

• Macerata from 38 spikes 19 were from the three MB's! 50% of distribution with MB and with 19/27 -68% efficiency in attack! :what:

• just back from Verona.
    5th win in a row, i think we can be optimistic now :)
    we're 6 points behind the 4th place, which is our real target now, and we're playing versus Monza and Belluno in the next games....other 2 wins could mean avoid the top 3 teams in the quarter-final playoff's pools

2001: Italian champions beach volley 4x4
    2002: Italian League Serie A2 - Italian Cup Serie A2
    2004: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2006: Top Teams Cup - Italian Cup's runner up
    2007: Italian league's runner up - Cev Cup's runner up
    2008: Champions league's runner up - Italian league's runner up
    2009: Italian League
    2009: Italian Supercup
    2010: Cev Cup's runner up
    2013: Challenge Cup
    <<We're always with you, and we will never leave you alone!>>

• back from Latina, too bad I can't be as optimistic as Piacenza :lol:
    we lost again, 3-1, we could've gone to tie break but the lights went off when we were 17-15 in 4th set so I guess they lost focus and we lost 27-25....Boninfante is ridicolous, Giani is probably the worst coach ever.
    I'm every week more disappointed....

• But you can be optimistic for Italian NT with Sabbi's game :) Zaytsev doesn't need discussions he is clearly top player

• just back from Verona.
    5th win in a row, i think we can be optimistic now :)
    we're 6 points behind the 4th place, which is our real target now, and we're playing versus Monza and Belluno in the next games....other 2 wins could mean avoid the top 3 teams in the quarter-final playoff's pools

It is possible, but will be hard to keep to the end of the regular season. Do you like how the team plays recently, Copra? You watch all matches live, and have the best view to the game :)

• Zhekov :what: :what: :what:

I don't know what to use: :obey: or :aww:

Papi, Nikolov and Zlatanov combine for 62 pts; The two MBs combine for 12 pts... 6 of which are blocks! I watched the entire first two sets and part of the fourth and 50% of Zhekov's passes to the MBs were when the reception was bad and he was forced to set to the MBs with one hand. Maxwell Holt and Luca Tencati have all in all 11 attacks and the reserve setter Kampa has also played so some of this attacks are through his sets. And still the Bulgarian Zhekov made awesome series in serve and ran through the field to catch balls like a mad man. And Copra are with 6 or 7 straight wins with such kind of setter. Yes, they don't use the MBs that often in Italy but this is something more than just not using the MBs that often...

Anyway, I admire him for his drive, motivation and hustle shown in every single game of his!

• Zhekov not only made aces and ran, but he was excelling in setting too. Did you see his pipes?
    About playing with the middles, the job of the setter is to maximize the probability of scoring and therefore the efficiency of the team, the group setter-spikers together is responsible for distribution of balls. In other words: The goal is not to leave every time the players on one block, but to ensure they will succeed with the spikes more often, wich means using the reliable spikers more than the unreliable. Grbic is prime example in Serbian NT how this brings medals and titles.

This doesn't mean that Zhekov is great with middles, it means he knows how to set inside his limitations and get the results of that.

• Kuba Jarosz :cup: I read that he got MVP award again ^^

Prandi is a gold-digger :lol: He found Bratoev and Yosifov for us

• http://www.volleyball.it/notizie.asp?s=118&n=42070&l=0

The most interesting thing in Modena this weekend, at least to me, happened before the game. Giacomo Sintini announced he overcame the cancer he had been diagnosed with and would probably be back on court by the end of March.

That's great news! :thumbsup:

• For those of us who couldn't watch Latina - Roma, Cuneo - San-Guistino and Verona - Piacenza, there are shortcuts in youtube

• http://www.volleyball.it/notizie.asp?s=118&n=42070&l=0

The most interesting thing in Modena this weekend, at least to me, happened before the game. Giacomo Sintini announced he overcame the cancer he had been diagnosed with and would probably be back on court by the end of March.

It was the best news of the week-end! Go Jack!! :super: I'm so happy for him...

• Thanks for the links! The last set in Cuneo looks like a total joke, there are practices much more serious than that :D

• And still they win :lol:

• CMC RAVENNA - BRE BANCA LANNUTTI CUNEO 0-3 (23-25, 24-26, 23-25)
    CMC RAVENNA: Mengozzi 15, Bendandi, Corvetta 2, Sirri 6, Tabanelli (L), Verhanneman 7, Plesko, Moro 15, Brunner 7, Ricci, Gruszka 2 Coach Babini.
    BRE BANCA LANNUTTI CUNEO: Mastrangelo 1, Henno (L), Ngapeth 10, Fortunato 8, Wijsmans 13, Vissotto Neves 19, Grbic 3, Caceres, Rossi 2 Coach Placì.

Non lasciare mai che la paura di perdere ti impedisca di partecipare!!

29th - Prediction Game - Women's European Championship 2011

• Today start the Final Four of Coppa Italia Serie A2...........

Del Monte Coppa Italia Serie A2 Final Four

Saturday 3 march 2012

First Semi-final, h. 16.00

Crazy Diamond Segrate (1°) – (4°) Pallavolo Molfetta

Second Semi-final, h. 18.30
    BCC-NEP Castellana Grotte (2°) – (3°) Sir Safety Perugia

Non lasciare mai che la paura di perdere ti impedisca di partecipare!!

29th - Prediction Game - Women's European Championship 2011

• Glad to see Nikolay Uchikov grow in A2 :)