Italy - Serie A 2011-2012

• Prize “Costa–Anderlini” - BEST COACH

Radostin Stoytchev (Itas Diatec Trentino) - Serie A1 Sustenium (I thought it would have been Gulinelli!)

Paolo Montagnani (Phyto Performance Padova) – Serie A2 Sustenium

Prize “Gianfranco Badiali” - BEST ITALIAN PLAYER UNDER 23

Jiri Kovar (Sisley Treviso) - Serie A1 Sustenium

Giulio Sabbi (Geotec Isernia) – Serie A2 Sustenium

Prize “Jimmy George” - SERIE A1 SUSTENIUM SOCIETY WITH THE MOST POLITE PUBLIC

Copra Morpho Piacenza

Prize “Kirk Kilgour” – SERIE A2 SUSTENIUM SOCIETY WITH THE MOST POLITE PUBLIC

Phyto Perfomance Padova

Prize “Ilario Toniolo” - SERIE A1 SUSTENIUM BEST REFEREE

Fabrizio Saltalippi

Prize “Cesare Massaro” - SERIE A2 SUSTENIUM BEST REFEREE

Ilaria Vagni

Prize “Andrej Kuznetsov” - BEST SCORER

Sasa Starovic (Andreoli Latina) - Serie A1 Sustenium

Giulio Sabbi (Geotec Isernia) - Serie A2 Sustenium

Best Server - Osmany Juantorena (Itas Diatec Trentino)

Best Reception - Hubert Henno (Bre Banca Lannutti Cuneo)

Best Spiker - Alessandro Fei (Sisley Treviso)

Best MB - Maxwell Philip Holt (Copra Morpho Piacenza)

Number of ace - Osmany Juantorena (Itas Diatec Trentino)

Number of blocks - Luca Tencati (Copra Morpho Piacenza)

Number of attacks- Sasa Starovic (Andreoli Latina)

I don't know why it's not contemplate, BTW I'll add: Number of perfect reception: Ivan Zaytsev :whistle:

Prize “Gianfranco Badiali” - BEST ITALIAN PLAYER UNDER 23

Jiri Kovar (Sisley Treviso) - Serie A1 Sustenium

...SERIOUSLY? Ivan is under 23 too, WTF.

anyway they should have give us of MRoma the prize of the most polite public because...we almost DON'T have a public, so we're really polite :lol:

• Not after the tactical lesson Trento gave to Kuneo at 15.05.2011 :teach:

Allesandro Fei is not the best spiker of Serie A1. All three players of Trentino - Kaziyski, Juantorena, Stokr have much higher efficiency in attack as you can see in legavolley.it

Not after the tactical lesson Trento gave to Kuneo at 15.05.2011

Then they should have done it to Daniele Bagnoli for the tactical lesson Modena gave to Trento ;)

Forgive me, raylight, but I still think that Trento played a perfect match but the result was so clear because Cuneo didn't play. Even M.Roma would have been able to won vs that Cuneo, probably...

@elsewin: Ivan won the prize as best italian under23 player of SerieA2 last year, Maruotti won the same prize in SerieA1... May be that's the reason they weren't awarded. And I think that actually they were looking between the '89, not '88. If that's true, in effect I don't see others italian players under 23 that did better....

• You guys talking about Gulinelli or Giuliani? :roll:

• I think that this is arrogance to claim that the opponent beat you because you stopped playing. Like when Russia beat Bulgaria yesterday. Trento beat Cuneo, because they read their game perfectly and stopped Volkov and other spikers from being really effective on sideout

@elsewin: Ivan won the prize as best italian under23 player of SerieA2 last year, Maruotti won the same prize in SerieA1... May be that's the reason they weren't awarded. And I think that actually they were looking between the '89, not '88. If that's true, in effect I don't see others italian players under 23 that did better....

hahah so you're saying that like "well, there wasn't anyone else they could give the prize to.." :P

I think that this is arrogance to claim that the opponent beat you because you stopped playing. Like when Russia beat Bulgaria yesterday. Trento beat Cuneo, because they read their game perfectly and stopped Volkov and other spikers from being really effective on sideout

well, I was there and I agree with Michi, Cuneo didn't play at all. I saw them playing a lot of times during last year and they never played so badly in the whole year. And I'm not saying this because I want to say that Trento only won because of it, because of course they're probably the strongest team in the whole world right now and they probably would have won the Scudetto anyway, but still... Cuneo was terrible that day.

• hahah so you're saying that like "well, there wasn't anyone else they could give the prize to.." :P

well, I was there and I agree with Michi, Cuneo didn't play at all. I saw them playing a lot of times during last year and they never played so badly in the whole year. And I'm not saying this because I want to say that Trento only won because of it, because of course they're probably the strongest team in the whole world right now and they probably would have won the Scudetto anyway, but still... Cuneo was terrible that day.

You play only as much as your opponent lets you. If Cuneo were able to change tactics and to be effective in spiking again, the match could have gone in another direction, but that was up to the coach, not to the players themselves, or at least more on the coach.

Allesandro Fei is not the best spiker of Serie A1. All three players of Trentino - Kaziyski, Juantorena, Stokr have much higher efficiency in attack as you can see in legavolley.it

here: http://www.legavolley.it/Rendi…&Fase=1&Giornata=0&Pos=20

ps I didn't wrote the list by myself, I read it on legavolley website (there I found that list I copy and traslate here)

May be I traslate it wrong, the difference it's thin, it's not actually best spiker like best "attacker", it's more like "best one in the position OH+opposite"... so it also count blocks, points, aces, not just attack blocked/excellent attack/errors in attack. Not reception.

• You need to look not only for regular season, but for reg season + playoff + cup to be objective. If you do it Parodi will be the best. But this thing is measuring total performance, including serve and muri. If you look only on spiking you will see that Fei has less percents in attack and more errors and blocks recceived than Matey Kaziyski and is with lower percentage than Juantorena and Stokr too.

stats

P.S. This again is not very accurate, because you have to count the break points, the winning points, the spiker efficiency depends on the other spikers and the setter of the team, on reception and so on. Numbers not always can caught who is better at single element, except for serve, even reception could be misleading if you are covered from the libero or the coach tells you not to focuse on it so much.

• I can see what you mean, raylight, but I don't agree... I mean, there are times that you can say that even if you lose, you didn't play bad, you lost simply because the other team was stronger than you. For example, Argentina played well in the semifinal of WL vs Brazil, but Brazil played better. While imo in the 3rd place final Poland played well, but Argentina helped them playing under their level.

Or for example, Roma played well vs Cuneo, but lost 3-1, because Cuneo is stronger. The same vs Trento. But I was more happy with my team when we lost 3-0 vs Trento than when we lost 3-2 vs Castellana Grotte, playing very badly.

But when Italy clearly beat Poland in final8 in Danzica, it wasn't only because we didn't let them express their volleyball! I think that Italy played well, but Poland played under their level. And not simply because Italy didn't let them... It was because of their focusing, their concetration... I don't know how to explain that, I'm sure that sometimes you have this sensation that a team is playing under is real level and not simply because the opponents is doing fireworks...

For example, at the V-day Grbic set a ball to Nikolov in the first line. But Nikolov was in second. Well, when I saw this action, I was astonished. Grbic that didn't realized that his opposite was in the second line was smth... O__O (and trust me, he didn't realized.). An error like this depend only on you, not on the other team...

rugby: I wrote Gulinelli, and I meant Gulinelli. With the second last team of the championship he lost only 3 match, vs Trento, vs Cuneo and vs Verona. Counting only the second part of the season, the would have been third!!!!! And he did it without having great names on his roster, not even one "champion", imo. That's why I expected him to be awarded.

• You are right that Cuneo could have played better, but the confidence of the players decreases when the opponent does not let them chances to catch in the match by not making mistakes and when their attacks are often defended. It's a chain reaction, although Cuneo were experienced enough not to let it to deveop so strongly, of course. But totally in this match tactics of Trento and the play without errors from the players did it. The point difference could be smaller, but to win without changing tactics I whink was hardly possible.

• You need to look not only for regular season, but for reg season + playoff + cup to be objective. If you do it Parodi will be the best. But this thing is measuring total performance, including serve and muri. If you look only on spiking you will see that Fei has less percents in attack and more errors and blocks recceived than Matey Kaziyski and is with lower percentage than Juantorena and Stokr too.

stats

P.S. This again is not very accurate, because you have to count the break points, the winning points, the spiker efficiency depends on the other spikers and the setter of the team, on reception and so on. Numbers not always can caught who is better at single element, except for serve, even reception could be misleading if you are covered from the libero or the coach tells you not to focuse on it so much.

I repeat, I didn't do the list, legavolley did!! You don't need to convince me that Fei wasn't the best "spiker" last year :)

And they didn't count play off and italian cup, because not everybody played its.

I always check stats, so I know that he isn't even in top 5 in attacker stats... but he was the best blocker between the spiker (OH+ opposite) (and in top 5 counting the MBs), that's probably why he came out to be the "best attacker".

• I repeat, I didn't do the list, legavolley did!! You don't need to convince me that Fei wasn't the best "spiker" last year :)

And they didn't count play off and italian cup, because not everybody played its.

I always check stats, so I know that he isn't even in top 5 in attacker stats... but he was the best blocker between the spiker (OH+ opposite) (and in top 5 counting the MBs), that's probably why he came out to be the "best attacker".

Fei sometimes will be the middle blocker when he doesn't stand on attacker position in Treviso last year.His blocking skill is quite good,you know he was a middle blocker before.

• Omrcen became dad!!! :cheesy: :cheesy: His first daughter's name is Tara :) She was born in Croatia :)

And I've just realized that Monza, that will play vs Trento on Sunday, will play without Lucianito... I'm so sorry about that, also because this match is broadcasted by Rai and it will be sad missing an opportunities to watch this amazing setter playing :(

And because a setter like this comes quite useful when you have to face the champion of everything!

• «Non torneò assolutamente. La pallavolo non mi piace. Più ci giocavo e più mi rendevo conto che non mi piaceva. Non mi piacevano tutte quelle regole, tutti che ti trattano come un bambino: bisogna fare quello, questo, quell’altro... Ed essere vestiti tutti uguali, è come se non si fidassero dei giocatori e a me non va"

"I won't be back to the indoor for sure. I don't like volleyball. The more I played the more I realized I didn't like it. I didn't like all these rules, everybody acting with you like you were a kid: you need to do this, that... And using evrybody the same clothes, it's like they don't trust the player and I can't stand with that"

Guess who is speaking :lol: :lol: :lol: