04-April

Pirin Balkanstroy - CSKA 3-0 (1-0) (25-20, 25-22, 25-20) stats
    Marek Union-Ivkoni - Arda 3-1 (1-0) (25-23, 25-21, 24-26, 25-18 ) stats

07-April

CSKA - Pirin Balkanstroy 3-1 (1-1) (25-19, 21-25, 25-16, 25-20) stats
    Arda - Marek Union-Ivkoni 3-0 (1-1) (25-13, 25-18, 25-20) stats

09-April

Pirin Balkanstroy - CSKA 3-1 (2-1) (25-20, 25-19, 23-25, 25-15) stats
    Marek Union-Ivkoni - Arda 3-2 (2-1) (25-23, 25-16, 24-26, 24-26, 23-21) stats

Final (best of 3):

Pirin Balkanstroy - Marek Union-Ivkoni

• For the first time in I don't know how many years we have finalists that are not from Sofia. I think no one disputes the supremacy of these two teams this year, both deserved to be in this final after both dominated the men's season ranking despite failing the first test for the Cup finals. Today it was a very intense first final ending in favour of the hosts. Trust me, the second game in Dupnitsa will be of no less value :) I just want to make a quick remark about the new called-up NT setter Dobri Dimitrov, I can understand that Gotsev and Gadzhanov are very good for the Bulgarian league, but he is using them WAAAAY too often! His OHs are not impressive, but sometimes a diversity in sets might have better results, I hope he doesn't do that so often in the NT practices because it is terribly predictable.

Last, concluding words about the third semifinal match between Marek and Arda, 3-2 for Marek giving them a place in the finals. Just take a look at the tie-break score and you will see what I mean! I couldn't watch this match, unfortunately, but people who did all said this is the best game of this year's league if not even in recent years! It was all going easily 2-0 for Marek when the substitute 41-year-old MB veteran Petar Uzunov came on the field for Arda and injured both his knees minutes after that. The emergency immediately took him to hospital, but this acted as a doping for his team and they made it almost all the way through as you can see from the score. I can't describe something I haven't seen, nor can I depict in words what happened, but mentioning this game is worth a place in our forum as well :)

• Pirin lost the second playoff 0-3 :aww:
    Boooo! Some nasty words towards the opponents including a penalty to Pirin's team and they won't be able to host the 3rd playoff ;(
    So basically the final will be played on neutral territory...
    Please, Pirin, don't blow this one and take the title!

• Pirin's weaknesses start to emerge now when the pressure is at its highest level.

Their serve is so weak and easy to receive that the team has immense difficulties to get back in sets at the beginning in which they are 3-4 points behind. The only non-flot serve is Zhelyazkov's one but he jump serves only when the team is 5-6 points behind or 5-6 points ahead. Gjorgiev said the truth that Pirin's game ends with its MBs. Katrandzhiev is the only reliable OH but he isn't a player who could pull out even a single game. Bozhkov and Zhelyazkov are really shaky. Although Zhelyazkov has some physical potential (jump height, power of attack), he is playing both silly and uneasy. As for Bozhkov - in my opinion(contrary to Sasho Yovkov who thinks that he can become a star) he has only height and nothing more in his game. I don't know why Zhivkov doesn't try with Rozalin Penchev instead of Bozhkov.

The other great advantage that Marek have is their coaching. Nayden Naydenov outclasses Zhivkov and only luck and wrong decisions by the referees didn't make the match go into 5 sets. Unfortunately, if Marek plays like they played in Game 2, they will win.

And another important thing... The owner of Pirin Koce Kaloyanov said that the team will pull out every junior team they have from the volleyball federation. Is this really going to happen?

• Final match won't be played!

Marek will win the title without playing :down: :down: :down:

Patethic end, patethic! :wacko:

It's all Kaloyanov's fault! The tragedy is more that our volleyball is becoming like our football, the owners are measuring their dicks and arguing for more or less stupid things. For fuck's sake, the development of our volleyball and of the level of our league is more important than who wins the title! Especially when very little money are given. This scandal was much noise about nothing! Pirin(the club, not the team) deserved their punishment, so Kaloyanov, face the consequences and don't make a fool of yourself!

• It's all Kaloyanov's fault! The tragedy is more that our volleyball is becoming like our football, the owners are measuring their dicks and arguing for more or less stupid things. For fuck's sake, the development of our volleyball and of the level of our league is more important than who wins the title! Especially when very little money are given. This scandal was much noise about nothing! Pirin(the club, not the team) deserved their punishment, so Kaloyanov, face the consequences and don't make a fool of yourself!

Agree. It's all about the egos of some "nice gentlemen", who caused one absolutely unnecessary circus. Very silly and senseless story, and ugly, too :thumbdown:

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• 17-April

Marek Union-Ivkoni - Pirin Balkanstroy 3-0 (1-1) (25-20, 25-19, 25-22) stats

There was no last game in the regular season, Marek won the title on forfeit after Pirin refused to play anywhere else the last game but at home. The Federation seized their right to host the decisive third game because of the scandalous behaviour of their fans in the first game that finished 3-1 for Pirin. Pirin refused to choose another venue, they wanted to play at home, so the Federation awarded a forfeit victory for Marek.

Pirin Balkanstroy - Marek Union-Ivkoni 0-3 (1-2) (0-25, 0-25, 0-25)

2011-2012 Bulgarian Superliga Champions

Marek Union-Ivkoni

This is their historic first title.

There had to be an awarding ceremony, so the Federation organized a friendly between Marek and some weird improvised version of our NT comprised mainly of players that only practice with the team right now, but most of them won't be used by Stoychev. The game was played in Blagoevgrad, a neutral venue, where the Cup finals were held. Anyway, the idea was to handle over the trophy.

Superliga MVP: Dmitriy Bahov (Marek Union-Ivkoni)

Also a political decision to award only one player at the end of the season. The Moldova-born receiver Bahov took the prize. Of course, stats gathered throughout the whole season is now useless as no other players will be awarded.