Bulgarian Superliga 2011/2012

• Levski - CSKA 0-3(-16, -16, -16), what a derby :aww:
    What a pathetic performance by Levski :down: There were sooooo bad! I can't believe I will say that but they were missing Zhani Zheliazkov :lol: .Yep you here it right, there were THAT bad! I am sure most of the juniours teams would have done it better today! Simeon Aleksandrov play very bad, Georgi Bratoev was on and off court, still hadn't recover well from the injury and the rest :white: Shoking!

Pirin with a 3-0 victory over Montana. What's wronng with Montana lately :S

• I think CSKA is getting ready for the CL, in the last rounds we are playing with the old boys, and Mirchev as OPP, no Manchev, no Seganov and so on. What can i say about Levksi - sometimes it is better to fall hardly to continue in the right way, they need Bratoev for sure!
    About Pirin - Montana - first set 28-26 ,in the secnd it was 20-22 and Montana lost it...

Радо Стойчев каза: Мизия, Тракия, Македония! Западните покрайнини - завинаги български!

• 8th round:

02-December

Marek Union-Ivkoni - Victoria Volley 3-0 (26-24, 25-11, 25-15) http://bgvolleyball.com/files/volleyball/stats/8165.htm
    Arda - Cherno more BASK 3-0 (25-23, 25-19, 25-22)
    Coco Volley Club Gabrovo - Neftochimik 2010 3-1 (25-22, 25-19, 26-28, 25-20) http://bgvolleyball.com/files/volleyball/stats/8166.pdf

03-December

Levski Volley - CSKA 0-3 (16-25, 16-25, 16-25) http://bgvolleyball.com/files/volleyball/stats/8168.pdf
    Pirin Balkanstroy - Montana 3-0 (28-26, 25-22, 25-21) http://bgvolleyball.com/files/volleyball/stats/8169.html
    Botev Lukovit - Slavia 0-3 (18-25, 24-26, 23-25)

Standings:

1 - Pirin Balkanstroy (+1) 24
    2 - CSKA (+2) 22
    3 - Marek Union-Ivkoni 20
    4 - Arda 17
    5 - Slavia 12
    6 - Montana (+1) 12
    7 - Neftochimik 2010 11
    8 - Levski Volley 11
    9 - Cherno more BASK 10
    10- Coco Volley Club Gabrovo 10
    11- Victoria Volley 1
    12- Botev Lukovit 0

• This was a relatively quiet weekend in the championship. The victory of CSKA was easy to foresee, they had to start playing with the experienced players, after all they have two games with Noliko soon. Besides, a derrby, even if this word lost its meaning in the recent years, against Levski is a good chance for them to gain some more confidence after the defeats against Pirin and Marek. The most interesting match probably was in Gabrovo where finally CVC showed some teeth and defeated Neftochimik for the first time ever. CVC is the worst disappointment of the season, currently at position 10 in a total contrast to their expectations. However, I have never been fond of this team, mainly because I don't like their coach Gerassimov and I believe he is among the main reasons for the their weak performance in the last years.

Montana is having problems, that's for sure. On one side, they had tough opponents in the last few rounds, but on the other, they didn't impress against any of them and lost all the points they could have stolen. They now have two games before the Christmas break to gain some confidence, the two games are at home against CVC Gabrovo and Cherno more, a nice chance for them to reach position 5.

There are 3 interesting games next weekend in the sense that we will see some shaky teams in tougher situations. First, in the most expected one, CSKA will host Arda in a real test before the CL. Arda is the last more serious contender of CSKA for the title this year, with which they haven't played (and lost) yet. But the main problem is that Arda is playing worse when they visit. Second, Neftochimik will get an interesting chance in Bourgas to disturb Marek and interrupt their good shape. If the hosts manage to win it, maybe they will have strength to reach top 6 at the end of the regular season. Otherwise, Marek will most probably finish the first half of the season second after Pirin. Last, in the capital city game, Levski is visiting Slavia in a match between two shaky teams separated by only one point in the standings.

• Levski beat Slavia with 3:2 Two things - first Bratoev with killing serve like his brother http://bgvolleyball.com/files/volleyball/stats/8174.pdf, and he has very stable float, so one of the few players to have two serve types in the arsenal in Bulgaria
    Simeon Aleksandrov with 30 points! And heavily loaded on reception. This could be our defensive receiver /Giba, Lee, Papi, Kubiak type of player/. Stoychev should take him to train with the B team and to try him against Portugal in WL or in any match of the WL. I have feeling he can develop into very solid player if trained properly. The NT atmosphere will have magic effect on him. He has the physical and mental potential to do it.

• I will agree with you about Simeon Aleksandrov, maybe some games in the WL group will be useful for him and i hope so for the NT too. He is definately an interesting option, not like Skrimov, but we must try him too! I see him a better choise than V. Kiosev (lets say) for that job.... at the moment

P.S. Waiting for Noliko CSKA............. and CSKA Noliko then :D (2 wins, xixixiix)

Радо Стойчев каза: Мизия, Тракия, Македония! Западните покрайнини - завинаги български!

• Levski beat Slavia with 3:2 Two things - first Bratoev with killing serve like his brother http://bgvolleyball.com/files/volleyball/stats/8174.pdf, and he has very stable float, so one of the few players to have two serve types in the arsenal in Bulgaria
    Simeon Aleksandrov with 30 points! And heavily loaded on reception. This could be our defensive receiver /Giba, Lee, Papi, Kubiak type of player/. Stoychev should take him to train with the B team and to try him against Portugal in WL or in any match of the WL. I have feeling he can develop into very solid player if trained properly. The NT atmosphere will have magic effect on him. He has the physical and mental potential to do it.

I'm also suprised in a good way by Alexandrov's performance, not only against Slavia, but in the league, in general. His only minus(except experience ofc.) is his height. Yes, he is a Giba type of player, but he is not Giba. But I hope he can develop to be at least a good backup in NT.
    About Bratoev, yes, he has good and powerful serve, but I don't like his setting and he hasn't proven himself neither in NT nor abroad. I quite like Bobi Georgiev, he has a character although sometimes this Marat Safin type of character can turn against him.
    Last but not least - Levski without Trifonov are pathetic in block. The only thing more pathetic in the world is Zhani Zhelyazkov's attack :lol:

• Zhany Zheltyazkov need some muscle to put on, what did his father teach him, to have such troubles?

• Zhany Zheltyazkov need some muscle to put on, what did his father teach him, to have such troubles?

I've seen Zhani live in the subway. He is abnormally slim! But I don't think this is his only problem, I think he lacks talent. He has the height and he is supposed to have the gene, but not always the sons are as talented as their fathers.

• I'm also suprised in a good way by Alexandrov's performance, not only against Slavia, but in the league, in general. His only minus(except experience ofc.) is his height. Yes, he is a Giba type of player, but he is not Giba. But I hope he can develop to be at least a good backup in NT.
    About Bratoev, yes, he has good and powerful serve, but I don't like his setting and he hasn't proven himself neither in NT nor abroad. I quite like Bobi Georgiev, he has a character although sometimes this Marat Safin type of character can turn against him.
    Last but not least - Levski without Trifonov are pathetic in block. The only thing more pathetic in the world is Zhani Zhelyazkov's attack :lol:

I am not surprised by Aleksandar Simeonov's performance, I am watching this guy for quite some time already and yes, he is really a good player, although his main problen is lack of consistancy not only on a match by match basis but also in one match - he can play very bad in the first 1-2 sets and then suddenly starts playing absolutely amazing the next 2-3 for example. Maybe this is because of his character, i've seen him burst into anger a couple of times so that's probably why he is up and down so often...I felt really sad when thinking that he is probably the only Bulgarian player who hadn't got a chance to prove himself into a decent foreign club, even some far less talented got such by he hasn't...I hope he would be given a chance, IMO he and Todor Vulchev (if fully recovered from that injury ) has to try in NT for a while. With that said Aleksandrov maight be a good back up, but he would never be really reliable and solid player...

Also agree about Boby Gerogiev. Damn, he is very entartaining to watch, I was following this match mainly because of him and his setting pleased me more than Bratoev's one, especially seeing them one by one in the opposite side of net. Boy is very young, maybe 20 years or so, but he really was like a captain for his team, very passionate about what was happening on court. I liked his imagination, even though he made few mistakes and lacked precesion in some moments. My second favorite Marat :love: , heh...

Zhany Zheltyazkov need some muscle to put on, what did his father teach him, to have such troubles?

Zhany neads a lot more than just musculles, boy :lol: he is just not talented. That is prety much obvious. His technique is awkward and kinda funny too. I don't put much expectations on him.

• ut he would never be really reliable and solid player...

Never say never...

• I've seen Zhani live in the subway. He is abnormally slim! But I don't think this is his only problem, I think he lacks talent. He has the height and he is supposed to have the gene, but not always the sons are as talented as their fathers.

I remember watching a long TV interview with Zhani and his father maybe it was 2006 or 2007 and I still remember how back then old Zhelyazkov was explaining that although his son is training volleyball, he is not deep interested in the game and doesn't have some real passion to it, so he is afraid that Zhani may not even become a professional player, cause he's accepting volleyball as an obligation. I remember they showed in the reportage that Zhelyazkov son was keen on making ...uhhh....little airplanes or something like that, I am not 100% sure cause it was long time ago :D , but he said that this was much more interesting to him than volleyball and he even had some awards in that thing with the mini rockets. My point was that maybe one of the reasons for his performance is also his unwillingness to do what he is doing, I've stayed with the impression that this guy doesn't feel the game genuinely and this is not really what he wants to do, that's why I was a little bit surprised when a few years after this interview a I saw him into the NT formation.

I quite like Bobi Georgiev, he has a character although sometimes this Marat Safin type of character can turn against him.

Also agree about Boby Gerogiev. Damn, he is very entartaining to watch, I was following this match mainly because of him and his setting pleased me more than Bratoev's one, especially seeing them one by one in the opposite side of net. Boy is very young, maybe 20 years or so, but he really was like a captain for his team, very passionate about what was happening on court. I liked his imagination, even though he made few mistakes and lacked precesion in some moments. My second favorite Marat :love: , heh...

Oook, I totally loved watching Marat when he was still playing, in every match I expected the moment when he will burst into rage and say some nice words and break a few tennis rackets :lol: I'm his biggest fan, too bad that he gave up his career - yes he suffered a lot of injuries, but I still think he could stay at least for one more season or maybe even two. But if that guy Georgiev is really as crazy as him I must see it at any cost :lol: We don't have such type of player in our NT and as I think now I am not really sure if it's good or bad actually...

Wild Wild West!

..............................................................................................

" There is nothing better than this"

..............................................................................................

• 9th round:

09-December

CSKA - Arda 3-0 (25-16, 25-22, 25-14) http://bgvolleyball.com/files/volleyball/stats/8171.htm
    Cherno more BASK - Pirin Balkanstroy 0-3 (20-25, 25-27, 20-25) http://bgvolleyball.com/files/volleyball/stats/8172.pdf
    Neftochimik 2010 - Marek Union-Ivkoni 0-3 (21-25, 20-25, 20-25) http://bgvolleyball.com/files/volleyball/stats/8170.pdf
    Montana - Coco Volley Club Gabrovo 3-0 (25-21, 25-16, 25-20) http://bgvolleyball.com/files/volleyball/stats/8173.pdf

10-December

Slavia - Levski Volley 2-3 (25-23, 22-2525-23, 22-25, 8-15) http://bgvolleyball.com/files/volleyball/stats/8174.pdf
    Victoria Volley - Botev Lukovit 3-2 (25-23, 25-16, 17-25, 22-25, 16-14) http://bgvolleyball.com/files/volleyball/stats/8175.htm

Standings:

1 - Pirin Balkanstroy (+1) 27
    2 - CSKA (+2) 25
    3 - Marek Union-Ivkoni 23
    4 - Arda 17
    5 - Montana (+1) 15
    6 - Slavia 13
    7 - Levski Volley 13
    8 - Neftochimik 2010 11
    9 - Cherno more BASK 10
    10- Coco Volley Club Gabrovo 10
    11- Victoria Volley 3
    12- Botev Lukovit 1

• Oook, I totally loved watching Marat when he was still playing, in every match I expected the moment when he will burst into rage and say some nice words and break a few tennis rackets :lol: I'm his biggest fan, too bad that he gave up his career - yes he suffered a lot of injuries, but I still think he could stay at least for one more season or maybe even two. But if that guy Georgiev is really as crazy as him I must see it at any cost :lol: We don't have such type of player in our NT and as I think now I am not really sure if it's good or bad actually...

It IS bad, actually, especially when you are a setter and you have to make decisions which have to be made on cold head. It is good to be resilient, not to give up; strong characters are a rarity in our NT (I don't even consider Matey as a strong character no matter how brilliant player he is) but anxiety and anger can totally destroy him and the team he is in. I've practised several sports and in tennis this is most noticeable. Marat is also one of my favourites but how many times his anxious affects help him win the match. This character of his just ruined his very promising career. Just compare him with LLeyton Hewitt, for example - a guy who is resilient, has fighting spirit, but hasn't got that rage that Boby and Safin have. And I hope that Boby will be more calmer and while gaining more experience, he will eliminate this bad quallity of his.

• The three games I emphasized on before the start of the round gave most of the answers I was looking for. A new disappointment for Arda away, now they are half a championship away from top 3, but they should have no problems remaining at the position 4. Neftochimik is definitely having one of the worst recent seasons, they remind me of the club before the Lukoil era - back then they were performing more or less in the same way. Last, Levski and Slavia showed that they are on the same level level right now, the tie-break and the shared points in the stadings prove it.

About the Bratoev case, I have always considered that it is better to be last among the best than first among the worst. He could be serving great, but his setting is far from impressive and as we discussed already playing this current season in Bulgaria for him is a step back.

• It IS bad, actually, especially when you are a setter and you have to make decisions which have to be made on cold head. It is good to be resilient, not to give up; strong characters are a rarity in our NT (I don't even consider Matey as a strong character no matter how brilliant player he is) but anxiety and anger can totally destroy him and the team he is in. I've practised several sports and in tennis this is most noticeable. Marat is also one of my favourites but how many times his anxious affects help him win the match. This character of his just ruined his very promising career. Just compare him with LLeyton Hewitt, for example - a guy who is resilient, has fighting spirit, but hasn't got that rage that Boby and Safin have. And I hope that Boby will be more calmer and while gaining more experience, he will eliminate this bad quallity of his.

yes, that's what I was pondering about, too after we 'opened' that topic. We really don't need someone who can't control himself and would let his nerves overtake him in almost every more tough situation - that would be bad for the team, cause it leads to disconcerting, mistakes in the game and unpleasant consequences like yellow cards for example - anger is a bad adviser in life. This Bobby is a young guy and as you say there is a chance and time to abrade his character and attitude on the court, although sometimes it's hard to walk against the nature... I wish him luck and to have wise people around him who could help him in developing not only technically, but also in building professionalism and patience in game. But what we really need is as you said the Hewitt type of an athlete -resilient, with high fighting spirit, a real fighter who can pull the others out of the hole when they get there, cause somehow we miss such a figure among the players, it is not enough to have such a coach - you need someone there "inside" the court to push you "out of the zone", when you fall there (we have had a lot of these situations in which we are helpless, sometimes it stills for a set, but sometimes for a whole match and that's a disaster - no one is capable to react than, unkown why)

BTW, wasn't there a news before the start of the season that Aleksandar Simeonov was going to play in Iran this year? and I think he had even signed an officail contract? Why he didn't go, I have missed something maybe?

Wild Wild West!

• BTW, wasn't there a news before the start of the season that Aleksandar Simeonov was going to play in Iran this year? and I think he had even signed an officail contract? Why he didn't go, I have missed something maybe?

just make sure you are not mistaking Aleksandar Simeonov with Simeon Aleksandrov, the one in Levksi :whistle:

• just make sure you are not mistaking Aleksandar Simeonov with Simeon Aleksandrov, the one in Levksi :whistle:

No, Aleksander Simeonov, unless the article is wrong, which wouldn't surprise me at all...
    http://www.livesport.bg/Teodor…a-s-iranskiya-Saypa-42796

Wild Wild West!

• alright, so why do you think he is not there?

:what:
    Because you mentioned him in this post and since I'm not following that close our league as I used to do it a couple of years ago, I may have missed why he has stayed here ?(

I am not surprised by Aleksandar Simeonov's performance, I am watching this guy for quite some time already and yes, he is really a good player, although his main problen is lack of consistancy not only on a match by match basis but also in one match - he can play very bad in the first 1-2 sets and then suddenly starts playing absolutely amazing the next 2-3 for example. ...

Wild Wild West!