Germany - DVL 2012/2013

• He doesn't play that often, so I can't really say much. He wasn't used at all in Unterhaching, generally he is the 4th, sometimes even 5th choice when Spaeth, who is a libero otherwise, comes to serve and improve the reception. Because of Batista's absence he got a chance against Roeselare in the CL, but he wasn't that impressive. However, he is still very very young, he'll definitely show us more in the years to come :)

Thank you for your information,YavarD!

• I've watched Harms live on JECH in Gdynia. Showed nothing as well as other German players

Thanks, Kaziy! I saw other young guys in a match between VCO Berlin and Generali Haching too. Sorry that I have to draw some conclusions similar to yours.Men's volleyball in Germany is as not favorite as here in China...Pathetic

• Results from last leg:
    Freitag, 30. November 2012
    20:00 Dresden - Rottenburg 1:3

Samstag, 01. Dezember 2012
    19:30 BR Volleys - Netzhoppers 3:0
    19:30 Fhafen - Düren 3:0
    20:00 Bühl - Mitteldtl. 3:2

Sonntag, 02. Dezember 2012
    16:00 Moers - Haching 2:3

Interesting,it seems that VfB Friedrishshafen can't wait to release their pent-up anger by edging Dueren in 3 straight sets...... :rolll:

• Results from last leg:
    Samstag, 08. Dezember 2012
    Netzhoppers - Bühl 1:3
    Düren - Mitteldtl. 3:0
    Fhafen - Moers 3:0

Sonntag, 09. Dezember 2012
    Haching - Dresden 3:0
    VCO Berlin - Bühl 1:3
    Rottenburg - BR Volleys 1:3

• So far the ranking:
    Ranking Team Matches Points Sets won/sets lost Balls won/balls lost
    1 BERLIN RECYCLING Volleys 9 18 : 0 27 : 6 819 : 683
    2 Generali Haching 10 18 : 2 29 : 9 910 : 789
    3 VfB Friedrichshafen 10 16 : 4 27 : 8 835 : 721
    4 evivo Düren 10 10 : 10 20 : 18 833 : 822
    5 Moerser SC 10 10 : 10 19 : 18 833 : 841
    6 TV Rottenburg 10 10 : 10 19 : 19 874 : 890
    7 TV Ingersoll Bühl 10 10 : 10 17 : 22 855 : 867
    8 CV Mitteldeutschland 10 6 : 14 16 : 24 884 : 922
    9 NETZHOPPERS KW-Bestensee 10 4 : 16 15 : 21 794 : 825
    10 VC Dresden 10 2 : 18 6 : 27 690 : 794
    11 VCO Berlin 9 0 : 18 4 : 27 592 : 765

• Moerser is playing with a lot of mistakes... like this is really hardt to catch Haching. Hopefully they get themselves together and calm down by the next set and show something...

Born for Volleyball, lives from Volleyball, dies with Volleyball.

"When somebody is just not an equal partner to have a conversation with, the best you can do is to ignore him." Done!

• Nice fight from both sides in the end. More exciting final then the women's one that is for sure :) 5 set horror LOL

Born for Volleyball, lives from Volleyball, dies with Volleyball.

"When somebody is just not an equal partner to have a conversation with, the best you can do is to ignore him." Done!

• I failed to get the DVL-live work last night, but I thought Generali Haching would get this champion without sweating much. It turns out being totally beyond my expectation!

• A reborn Friedrichshafen took the first game of the semis in Unterhaching (3-1). A lot of mistakes, reception problems, substitutions, some aces and hell lots of serve errors. Not the most intense game, but surely an interesting one. Bratoev is giving some diversity to VfB, it's not always on Simeonov like they used to be until now all season. The only thing I won't get is why Jovovic started instead of Zatko, the Serbian made too many setting mistakes as well even if his serves caused a lot of trouble. Haching must fight back, more epic games to follow.

• At semifinals, Generali Haching easily lost the first game to Vfb Friedrichshafen. When you supposed there would be a big rebounce for Generali Haching and a huge collision between these two teams to compete a spot for the final, it ends to a disappointment of getting known who should be the most qualified one by yesterday. It is Vfb Friedrichshafen, yes, with only three games to garantee their victory in this best-of-five semifinals. I don't know what's wrong with this team... :aww:
    The other half, Berlin Recycling also have advanced to the final. Their opponent is TV Ingersoll Bühl, so, no sweat for the bellwether of the league.

• YavorD, can you guide me to the stats of the playoffs, I want to see VfB Friedrichshafen in semifinal and finals?

• I don't know why, but finding stats for the playoffs has been possible only a couple of days after the games were played. Then they were hidden somewhere. Like today, here is the link to the Bundesliga page (I guess you checked it out yourself) Bundesliga and to the match stats. However, they are not available at the moment. Unfortunately, there are no links to the previous rounds. It was not the case last year, can't tell you what changed now. Apart from news, this main page of the league provides almost nothing useful, even pictures are out of date. I am sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

• The website of German league had a major server crash earlier in the season and it will be completely renewed for next season, so on the current version of the site it's indeed hard to find stuff if you're not creative in searching and even more so if you don't speak German...I found the stats of Friedrichshafen's matches by going via "Mannschaften" (=teams) to Friedrichshafen's "Spiele" (=matches):

http://www.volleyball-bundesli…&kat=1&liga=1&teamid=3468

Here are all match results and stats (the left of the three small icons for each match)...

• The website of German league had a major server crash earlier in the season and it will be completely renewed for next season, so on the current version of the site it's indeed hard to find stuff if you're not creative in searching and even more so if you don't speak German...I found the stats of Friedrichshafen's matches by going via "Mannschaften" (=teams) to Friedrichshafen's "Spiele" (=matches):

http://www.volleyball-bundesli…&kat=1&liga=1&teamid=3468

Here are all match results and stats (the left of the three small icons for each match)...

A very nice trick! Gave up after being unable to find it on the main page or the playoffs one. However, as I pointed out, the stats file for the game today is still not up, they might be having some problems.

• The clubs are responsible for providing the stats, so this is not DVL's mistake.

About yesterday's match, usually I don't follow men's volley so much but I watched it...
    Friedrichshafen's problem is that there are too many bosses in the team. Jose as captain is OK, but Simeonov spent the whole match giving his setter lectures about volleyball, and the more he talked, the worse Jovovic played and Simeonov himself played bad too :aww: Also Günthör had his "boss" moments, and I don't know what to think about Bratoev, he doesn't seem to be in the team at all...

• Bratoev did very well the previous round in playoffs, but yesterday he made a lot of stupid decisions. He makes all the receiving and serving, but his attacks are so strange at times.

• The clubs are responsible for providing the stats, so this is not DVL's mistake.

About yesterday's match, usually I don't follow men's volley so much but I watched it...
    Friedrichshafen's problem is that there are too many bosses in the team. Jose as captain is OK, but Simeonov spent the whole match giving his setter lectures about volleyball, and the more he talked, the worse Jovovic played and Simeonov himself played bad too :aww: Also Günthör had his "boss" moments, and I don't know what to think about Bratoev, he doesn't seem to be in the team at all...

First, yes, of course, clubs prepare the stats, but they don't need long to upload them on the servers. Anyway, I don't know where the problem was yesterday night, now it all seems OK.

Second, you are not quite right about VfB. I did watch them many times this year, they were a different team in the regular season. Then they significantly lacked variety in attack, Simeonov was carrying the team almost by himself, the OHs were a tragedy. Now, after the regular season break actually, and partially with the arrival of Bratoev, VfB gained more attack variety and the team chemistry seems to be finally giving results. VfB totally collapsed in the fourth set yesterday, but they were up against the best team in the league, unbeaten in Berlin, and they almost got them to a tie-break. The third set could've gone Friedrichshafen's way and then we would never now. Haching might've had very bad semifinal overall against VfB, but nevertheless this is the first defeat of Moculescu in the playoffs this year after the shaky start of the season, so I wouldn't underestimate his team based on some bad moments. Sure, Berlin is maybe a little bit stronger and definitely more compound as a team, but they were also bleeding yesterday.

About Jovovic, or actually I should say about both setters, nope, I don't agree, Simeonov is right to give them instructions (he is actually doing the instructions mostly to them, being unhappy about a misplaced block defence is something almost every player does). If you have the chance to see Jovovic play live, you will see how many mistakes he makes. I was even surprised VfB took the series against Haching 3-0 when they have the weakest couple of setters of all top three teams. It's a miracle they are still winning games. As a guy with epxerience, having arrived in a good team with title ambitions, Simeonov is definitely a star in the Bundesliga and has the right to argue with his setters, especially when they underperform. It's a totally different question that at some point yesterday they all started making mistakes, especially as of set 4.

About Gunthor, I don't really know what's bossy about him, nothing like this ever, he is a friendly guy to his teammates.

OK, Bratoev is shaky sometimes and it's quite normal to be targeted from the serve line when he is clearly not a main receiver like Rivera. He normally compensates with good attacks, usually against a well-organized block due to his bad passes to the setter. Didn't quite work yesterday, but he won't be quiet in all three/four/five games. Without him, however, Simeonov would be all alone and we will see the bad VfB from the winter. Trust me, he is well into the team, just his reception is giving him and Moculescu hard times, but Kromm on the other side of the net is not amazing either, so I would even bet on VfB to tie up the series in the next game ;) But I doubt they will take the title.

• YavorD, I don't know why, but Bratoev is taking all the reception on himself, last match with good success http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2012/Men/&1232.pdf

Fridrihshafen MB's are very strong and if Nikola uses them well, the percentage in attack for the whole team could be different and the outcome of the series could go in their favor.

• YavorD, I don't know why, but Bratoev is taking all the reception on himself, last match with good success http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2012/Men/&1232.pdf

Fridrihshafen MB's are very strong and if Nikola uses them well, the percentage in attack for the whole team could be different and the outcome of the series could go in their favor.

I haven't watched all their games, but I watched the last one. Berlin intentionally sent their serve in Bratoev, that's why he is the only one that is receiving. This way they want him out of the attack.

For me the problem they had in some moments was with Caroll. He is left handed and they obviously had problems blocking him. He also has a nasty serve. And Berlin uses him a lot.