Germany - DVL 2012/2013

• I haven't watched all their games, but I watched the last one. Berlin intentionally sent their serve in Bratoev, that's why he is the only one that is receiving. This way they want him out of the attack.

For me the problem they had in some moments was with Caroll. He is left handed and they obviously had problems blocking him. He also has a nasty serve. And Berlin uses him a lot.

Have you read Mark Lebedew's blog? Very interesting reading http://markleb1.wordpress.com/ He even thanked me for Bulgaria - USSR 1980 Olympic final in one post :D

• YavorD, I don't know why, but Bratoev is taking all the reception on himself, last match with good success http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2012/Men/&1232.pdf

Fridrihshafen MB's are very strong and if Nikola uses them well, the percentage in attack for the whole team could be different and the outcome of the series could go in their favor.

Think about it for a second - Bratoev's weakest element is reception and he suddenly gets all the balls? Maybe even more than Rosic? Of course he is targeted by the opponents with the intention to send him out of the game, nothing else! Haching did it, now Berlin is doing it and will keep on doing it in the next games. Unfortunately, you are either born a receiver or not, so I doubt Bratoev will improve much in receiving floats, but at least he can learn to deal with it enough to stay on court.

About Jovovic, he is using them, but he makes a lot of mistakes (all types), so they can turn the series in their favour with more consistency on his side.

• Yavor, targeting receiver to get him out of attack doesn't necessarily means he is weak in receiving, it means he is strong in attack and his attack depends on the condition whether is he receiving or not. Italians did this to Winiarski in OG2008 and he is very good in receiving. Last match Bratoev had over 70% in reception. BTW, since they started targeting him, his efficiency dropped from 76 and 60 percent to 30, but this is also setter's fault.

• Yavor, targeting receiver to get him out of attack doesn't necessarily means he is weak in receiving, it means he is strong in attack and his attack depends on the condition whether is he receiving or not. Italians did this to Winiarski in OG2008 and he is very good in receiving. Last match Bratoev had over 70% in reception. BTW, since they started targeting him, his efficiency dropped from 76 and 60 percent to 30, but this is also setter's fault.

In Bratoev's case it's exactly what it means. He is not a very good receiver and it affects his game psychologically.

• What a match by Max Gunthor - 10 blocks! :obey:

• What a match by Max Gunthor - 10 blocks! :obey:

I thought Berlin Recycling would defend their title yesterday, but they didn't.... :D

• I thought Berlin Recycling would defend their title yesterday, but they didn't.... :D

Max was on max :lol:

• German Volleyball Federation (DVV) has decided, that Stelian Moculescu has to pay a fine for his unsportsmanlike conduct on the edge of the fourth and final match and will also be suspended for several games. The Executive Board of the German Volleyball League (DVL) initiated appropriate proceedings before the tribunal of the German Volleyball Federation (DVV) against the coach of VfB Friedrichshafen.

"The public statements made by Stelian Moculescu represent a serious breach of the Ethic Code of the DVL and are highly unsportsmanlike", the DVL-chairman Michael Evers explains the decision. The speaker of the first DVL Bundesliga (men) and vice-chairman Rüdiger Hein adds: "We allow every coach and player emotional reactions after a dramatic game. But Stelian Moculescu has exceeded his behavior borders and the integrity of the referees and the Bundesliga match operations were severely damaged. "

Full article