Russian Superleague 2013/2014

• Why Lokomotiv Kharkiv doesn't play in Russian League?

It is pretty complicated but the goss that I've heard pointed out the railway affiliation as a main reason behind this move. This did not look like Lokomotiv's own decision and neither this was that of the Russian VB Federation. Let us hope that things are going to settle down a bit by the start of the new season... and that Lokomiv's spot may get occupied by Krymsoda (Krasnoperekopsk) next year :).

• New project of system of competition for new season:

- main round- 2 groups as actual
    - 2 best Teams after main round will qualify for Final 6
    - Teams from 3 to 10 place will play Quarterfinals
    - 4 Winners will advance to Final 6
    - Final 6- 2 groups of 3 Teams, round robin then cross Semis and Final, Bronze Medal match and for 5th place.

• It is pretty complicated but the goss that I've heard pointed out the railway affiliation as a main reason behind this move. This did not look like Lokomotiv's own decision and neither this was that of the Russian VB Federation. Let us hope that things are going to settle down a bit by the start of the new season... and that Lokomiv's spot may get occupied by Krymsoda (Krasnoperekopsk) next year :).

For Krymsoda to play in Russian Superleague I'm affraid their budget has to be multiplied 10 times probably. And the second Russian league - so much travelling around the biggest country. Not sure they will find money for that.

• For Krymsoda to play in Russian Superleague I'm affraid their budget has to be multiplied 10 times probably. And the second Russian league - so much travelling around the biggest country. Not sure they will find money for that.

Something tells me that a rapid budget increase is not totally unrealistic for the Crimean team, remembering the $6 bn+ of pure cash allocated for the peninsula this year. I've heard that Crimea is likely to keep both football teams at the high level let alone (much less expensive) volleyball.

The sad thing about losing Kharkov though is that they are a decent team with an excellent school. The outbreak of Ukrainian pseudo-patriotism will hopefully be over soon so there should be no problem for Loko to play in the Superleague next year. But with substantial budget cut (Southern railway that supported Loko is an operator on the Moscow-Simferopol route) they will indeed struggle to keep their level high. Krymsoda may acquire their players then... :).

• Something tells me that a rapid budget increase is not totally unrealistic for the Crimean team, remembering the $6 bn+ of pure cash allocated for the peninsula this year. I've heard that Crimea is likely to keep both football teams at the high level let alone (much less expensive) volleyball.

The sad thing about losing Kharkov though is that they are a decent team with an excellent school. The outbreak of Ukrainian pseudo-patriotism will hopefully be over soon so there should be no problem for Loko to play in the Superleague next year. But with substantial budget cut (Southern railway that supported Loko is an operator on the Moscow-Simferopol route) they will indeed struggle to keep their level high. Krymsoda may acquire their players then... :).

I have big doubts about qiuck raise of Krymsoda. Football and volleyball couldn't be compared in Russia - that's for sure. I think every Russian city has a multy-million-dollar budget football club, but even St.Petersburg couldn't find money to keep not male neither female club at decent level. And every year we see many clubs in different cities barely surviving.
    I just don't think at this time anyone will be so keen on making Crimea a volleyball region. But we'll see who's right.

• Dont know where to put it, but according to many media Lukas Divis got
    last week the Russian citizenship and is going to play as Russian in
    league :rolll: (I thought its 1st april joke but there is a statement that it isnt :rolll: )

• Dont know where to put it, but according to many media Lukas Divis got
    last week the Russian citizenship and is going to play as Russian in
    league :rolll: (I thought its 1st april joke but there is a statement that it isnt :rolll: )

Seriously? It's such a circus for me like Yudin with Russian or Marechal with Polish citizenship (though maybe he had some relatives in Poland :whistle: ) :lol: :aww: any other examples of weird citizenship? :rolll:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Seriously? It's such a circus for me like Yudin with Russian or Marechal with Polish citizenship (though maybe he had some relatives in Poland :whistle: ) :lol: :aww: any other examples of weird citizenship? :rolll:

Well, Yudin is a Russian native so it is less funny of course. The main source of pressure towards the naturalization in the Superleague is the strict limit for foreign players and Yudin's level is not high enough to occupy one of the precious spots. The other moment is that native players tend to get higher salary, which also matters sometimes :).

Regarding Divis, the news was that he is considering getting Russian citizenship with the prospect of playing for nothing but Russian NT(!). Sounds was too first-of-April-ish to me though... unless Pavlov and Butko decide to help Slovakia and Australia :).

• its not 1 April, its confirmed, he alreday started to make documents in January and married a Russian month ago...he also signed a more year contract with Lokomotiv

• First round of Quarter is over, and the results gone as expected

Lokomotiv Novosibirsk – Fakel Noviy Urengoy 3-2 (21-25, 25-22, 25-18, 23-25, 15-13)
    Dinamo Moscow – Perm 3-0 (25-22, 25-12, 25-20)
    Gubernya – Surgut Region 3-1 (26-24, 21-25, 25-17, 25-20)
    Dinamo Krasnodar – Kemerevo 3-0 (25-19, 25-20, 25-16)

Lokomotiv - Fakel - playing tie break again right now, it seems it is going to be a battle. Gubernye can strurgle against Yugra as well

Moroz 29/39 74% :wavy:

• When a player gets the citizen of other country and is not selected to the national team of his new citizen, does he lost the right to play for you home country ? In case of Bakun or Moroz for instance, they are not being selected to russian team, so are they allowed to for for Ukriane or not ?

PS. I know Moroz have already been called, it was just an example.

• Where can I watch the matches live?

• As I know Yudin is Kazakh surname :)

Say what? :what: :what: Kazakh's surnames would sound like Nazarbayev or Nabiyev, something like that. Yudin is typically Russian surname

• Moroz is a monster! I love watching this guy on court. He's on fire even when he celebrates! :cheesy:

Agree, outstanding performance 8o he was just unstoppable: 29/39 spikes - 74% in 5 sets :!:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• http://www.laola1.tv is showing at least some matches

Thank you :)

• As I know Yudin is Kazakh surname :) Some of you doesnt know but Musersky is Ukrainian, he played for Junior NT as OPP :whistle:

Muserskiy is ethnic Russian who had Ukrainian citizenship. Poltavskiy, Yakovlev and (apparently) Moroz were involved in Ukrainian youth teams too but this doesn't make them Ukrainian :).

• Ethnicity and nationality are different categories.