Brazilian Superliga 2013/2014

• Vôlei Futuro and Super Imperatriz Vôlei (former Florianópolis and Cimed) have officially dropped out of Superliga. Two new teams, Moda/Maringá and Agel/Monte Cristo (winner of Superliga B) have joined the list of teams for this next season. Volta Redonda seems to be having problems with the payment of their players and didn't sign yet, but I'm not sure if it's a 100% deal.

This is the list of clubs competing in the next Superliga, announced by CBV:

Sesi-SP –São Paulo (SP)
    Funvic/Taubaté – Taubaté (SP)
    São Bernardo Vôlei – São Bernardo do Campo (SP)
    Vôlei Brasil Kirin – Campinas (SP)
    Sada Cruzeiro Vôlei – Belo Horizonte (MG)
    UFJF – Juiz de Fora (MG)
    Vivo/Minas – Belo Horizonte (MG)
    Moda Maringá – Maringá (PR)
    RJX – Rio de Janeiro (RJ)
    Agel/Monte Cristo – Goiânia (GO)
    Kappesberg/Canoas – Canoas (RS)

One less team (11 total) if compared to the 2012/2013 Superliga ( :down: ). Funvic/Taubaté is based on last year's Funvic/Pindamonhangaba, while Vôlei Brasil Kirin is the new name of former Medley/Campinas (they are under a new sponsor after Medley quitting the project).

• The new season has officially started! Sada/Cruzeiro and São Bernardo are playing the first game right now.

A few changes to all the information released a few weeks ago: Volta Redonda managed to get in Superliga this season via a lawsuit against the federation. Agel/Monte Cristo switched cities after having problems with sponsorship and is now called Montes Claros.

• I'll point it out the great number of comments in twitter against the 21 points rule...some of them were quite funny...

what to say... now CBV is a big joke for every volleyball fan in Brazil...great work! :aww:

• I'll point it out the great number of comments in twitter against the 21 points rule...some of them were quite funny...

what to say... now CBV is a big joke for every volleyball fan in Brazil...great work! :aww:

And to keep hearing Nalbert continuously saying, both on TV and Twitter, how everyone should just keep their heads down towards the rule because changes happen all the time is ridiculous. :down:

By the way, Sada/Cruzeiro beat São Bernardo by 3:0 (21/16, 21/15, 21/16). William was the MVP.
    Next games will take place between next Friday and Saturday.

• Indeed is ridiculous..the arguments they try to give are just insane..they really think people are idiots...

I have no words for it. Must really all players and fans in the world be wrong? :thumbdown:

• RJX 13/14

S: Bruninho (C), Guilerme, Índio
    Opp: Leandro Vissoto, Bob
    OH: Thiago Alves, Thiago Sens, Vinícius, Rodriguinho
    MB: Riad, Rodrigão, Maurício, Ualas, Satiro
    L: Mario Junior

• So Thiago Sens didn't leave after all. He'll probably be lucky to start the championship as starter again since Thiago Alves is still recovering I suppose. :lol:

Anyway, despite losing Lucão, they still put together a nice roster. Vissotto is better than Théo, so there's that. I think Maurício, Rodrigão and Riad can take care of the MB positions without any problems. I still don't think they'll go farther than the semifinals this year though.

• Who is Rodriguinho? I know only a setter with this name. Is it true Thiago Alves is out and won't play against Moda Maringa?

• Who is Rodriguinho? I know only a setter with this name. Is it true Thiago Alves is out and won't play against Moda Maringa?

No idea who Rodriguinho is - except that he isn't the same as the setter from Brasil Kirin. Regarding Thiago Alves, I think he underwent surgery a while ago (not sure whether it was his elbow or shoulder), so it's safe to say he's out for the next games.

• Moda/Maringá are making their debut right now against RJX!

M/M with Ricardo-Lorena, Felizardo-Acácio, Quiroga-Renato and Watten (L); RJX with Bruno-Vissotto, Maurício-Ualas, Thiago Sens-Vinícius and Mário Jr (L)

• Why are the sets at 21 instead of 25?

• CBV is testing the new 21-point rule in the tournament this season (same is happening with the female Superliga). Apparently there was a big demand from the TV station that broadcasts some of the games. In other words, it's an order from FIVB to please broadcasters.

• I'm trying to complete rosters of all teams. Please, let me know if I make some mistakes or I miss some players :sos:

RJX
    Sada Cruzeiro
    Sao Bernardo
    Voltaco
    ... to be continued ...

Sweetie..you can find all teams rosters in this guide from the league...first has the women's teams, then the men's. ;)

http://www.melhordovolei.com.br/index.php/guia-da-superliga

• Could you update this thread more regularly? I have no possibilities to check the results, not talking about watching matches, so having all scores here would be great.