Iran League 2013/2014

• SF 3

Kaleh 3-2 Urmia / 25-23 27-29 25-21 23-25 16-14

Urmia was without Kovacevic, who got injured in 2nd set of 2nd semifinal, they never found a replacement for him, Kaleh also lost its star Zarini today at the score of 14-13 in 5th set (even though they took the next 3 points and won the match 16-14) and it didn't look like he can recover anytime soon ;(

Final, 13 March, Kaleh-Matin

• Nikolov and Mousavi champions of Iran :obey:

• Matin 3-2 Kaleh / 23-25 25-19 23-25 25-20 15-10

here is the link for the final, (it works only for few days)

Kaleh could have a better chance with Zarini though, Zarini will be out for 5 months :S

After having an average season, Mousavi was great today. :thumbup:

• Every player can have average season, especially if he is too good for the championship :)

Mosi, how was Nikolay Nikolov doing in Iran?

• If you remember Mousavi got injured in World Grand Champions Cup. it probably affected the whole season for him. he had to play even before his complete recovery because Nikolov also left the club to play for Bulgaria NT in World Championships Qualifiers.

beside that he has anger problem, you can't see that in international matches since they are always in Japan in empty stadiums :D and also because the opposite team fans/players do not try provoke him, but the situation is different when he plays in Iran. even though it's not only his problem but most of national team players !! :aww: as I said before, Iranian league is probably the most tense league in the world. :thumbdown:

PS: to make it more believable for you, Mousavi just received a ban from all volleyball activities until further announcement today ! 8| (even though I'm sure it will end with an apology and probably a big financial fine)

Mosi, how was Nikolay Nikolov doing in Iran?

I think it wasn't the best season of his career, if you ask me he was better last year. still he was a key player for Matin.

I don't know why exactly but Bagnoli replaced Nikolov with their reserve MB in both semifinal and final matches when they were in trouble in crucial moments of 4th and 5th set. even though it worked well in the final but they almost lost the 1st semifinal to Mizan because of that if it wasn't for that unbelievable referee's mistake. (A back row player spiked the ball from in front of the attack line and nobody noticed)

• Thank you for your answer, Mosi, although it's bad news / we need these players to be there in the crucial moments and win the titles, for the NT/ :)