Russia - Суперлига 2014/15

• What a nightmare of a match for Belgorods OHs, especially Khtey (5 errors/blocks on 8 attempts) and his replacement Ilynikh (18% positive reception) :white:

Alekno obviously gave up, starting with Marouf. As it looks like, it definitely paid out. I hope, Belgorod can bounce back and give Kazan a better match tomorrow, as i am planning to watch. 8)

• As I said, Belgorie will need to get some players in the off season. Khtey hasn't been the same since his injury a couple seasons ago. Ilynikh was injured this season, so he hasn't been performing up to standards. They need an OH and maybe a good backup for Tetyukin. He is still performing well but he is soon 40. He might not be able to play hard matches back to back.

It doesn't surprise me Marouf was on the bench. As I said, there was no need to get him. He hasn't completely gelled with the team yet. Too bad he isn't with them next season to see if they would.

• There was a serious problem with the condition of all the Belgorod players, not only the OHs. They served 30% into the net, got no aces at all and overall were outreceived by... Leon. A boring game to watch but I think Shipulin was right to give up promptly. The age-positive Belogorie stars of 1990s need to have a good rest before the final battle.

What colossally plays against Belgorod is that (thanks to the utter stubbornness of their coaching staff) the team played most of the season with the starting six only. As a result, Tetyukhin and Khtey look pretty shaky and at the same time the middle-aged bench stars Ilinykh and Gigolov Zhigalov have completely forgotten how to play competitively. I hope nevertheless that Belgorod will be able to fight tomorrow as we need a proper five-game final. As always in Russian Superleague, they "simply" need to serve and receive better - and suddenly the loser becomes a winner again.

• Why is there a player with name "Бога" - "God"? He doesn't play like Him for sure.

• Why is there a player with name "Бога" - "God"? He doesn't play like Him for sure.

You haven't heard of Bogomolov? Or just about the shirt? Like "Boroda" Khamuttskikh used to wear some years ago :D

Things don't go Belogorie's way at all today either. They came back from 21-24 in the first set to lose it eventually. Now Zenit is on fire and I guess we will have the new/old champions crowned tonight already... unless something big happens.

• All I see in Belgorod is Muserskiy and Grozer /and Tetyukhin/, everything else is mistery :D

• Alekno got arrogant and played with his second setter. But he corrected it now..... 8)

• What a blocking festival :white:

3rd set to Belgorod. Now that would be a comeback.... :whistle:

• And Belgorod is taking the match into the 5th set.

Probably the best of the final series so far..... :thumbup:

Did leon just tried to attack from the middle?? what are they doing???

• Congrats to Kazan, that was well deserved tonight. :thumbup:

What i really like most about Leon is, that he plays his best when it is most needed. :obey:

• Championship:

Belogorie Belgorod - Zenit Kazan 3-0 2-3 0-3 2-3

* to 3 wins
    * matches 23, 24, 27 and if 28.04, 1.05

3rd place:

Dinamo Moscow - Gazprom Yugra Surgut 3-0 3-2

* to 2 wins
    * matches 23, 26.04

5th place:

Lokomotiv Novosibirsk - Fakel Novyj Urengoy 3-1 3-1

* to 2 wins
    * matches 18, 19.04

• Marichev stepping down as Dynamo Moscow coach to concentrate on the women's team regarding preparation and qualification tournaments for Rio 2016.

Source - http://www.worldofvolley.com/N…oard-found-new-coach.html
    Russian source - http://www.championat.com/voll…inamo---ne-sensacija.html

It is understandable, he hasn't had time to watch the women as he was busy with his team.

I wonder if Loko coach will step down. That way he can actually look at the players he is choosing instead of choosing some of the ones he does.