Russia - Суперлига 2014/15

• Volkov? he is injured and out for the season, he also has not played this season.

Savin? - he has been alright but no one really knows him.

I think it is fans who vote for some of the players to be there and then the coaches choose, I could be wrong though. they remember Ilinikh from the olympic team. Not all those players will play anyways. He has not too long returned from injury so he wouldn't play long if at all.

Who should be there but whose name I don't see is #11 for Lokomotive - Zemchenok and a player from Dynamo Moscow #14. Those two players are playing really well for there teams.

• I am quite sure he meant Dmitriy Volkov, the OH from Fakel ;) One of the future NT players. I don't know when and how many times you watched Zemchenok, I don't think he impressed me even once. Andrey Voronkov is probably among the very few in Russia (or in the world) who see potential in this guy. Besides, he would plaster the bench if Moroz had been healthy.

• I see no one is mentioning financial crisis in Russia as threat for Superliga clubs. Belgorod's coach Shipulin expressed his concernes about crisis few days ago (when it wasnt known in Europe) and he fears that crisis could have big impact on Belgorod's financial situation. Grozer and Travica are getting their salaries in rubles and then exchaning them for euros.

I read that many foreign players left their respective clubs in KHL (hockey) and salary of one player dropped from 1,1 mil. $ to 650.000 due his situation. This could affect already "shaky" clubs in financial terms such as Guberniya and Ural..

• I am quite sure he meant Dmitriy Volkov, the OH from Fakel ;) One of the future NT players. I don't know when and how many times you watched Zemchenok, I don't think he impressed me even once. Andrey Voronkov is probably among the very few in Russia (or in the world) who see potential in this guy. Besides, he would plaster the bench if Moroz had been healthy.

Yes Yahor, i meant Volkov of Fakel, whom alongside with his OH parter is doing a really great job this season, but if it is public vote, nothing to do than, but still for me lazy and boring choices, like Abrosimov and Apalikov there as well, and i agree with you about Zemchenok, nothing specious, just a regular one

Ah I see, I've only watched Fakel a few times. I never said Zemchenok was special just that if we are going on form, he could be there as well (even if he is up and down). I rather him than Spiridonov. I think because this all star is Russia vs the World and they actually have a full line up for the World, lss Russian Players. Maybe next year it will just be choosing the in form players etc.

• I see no one is mentioning financial crisis in Russia as threat for Superliga clubs. Belgorod's coach Shipulin expressed his concernes about crisis few days ago (when it wasnt known in Europe) and he fears that crisis could have big impact on Belgorod's financial situation. Grozer and Travica are getting their salaries in rubles and then exchaning them for euros.

I read that many foreign players left their respective clubs in KHL (hockey) and salary of one player dropped from 1,1 mil. $ to 650.000 due his situation. This could affect already "shaky" clubs in financial terms such as Guberniya and Ural..

The Volleycountry Blog is reporting about the current difficulties:
    http://www.volleycountry.com/n…-the-eyes-of-a-bankruptcy

Shipulin has concerns of a different kind as Belgorod was about to receive funding to build a new sports centre... and now this may not work out. In fact, volleyball is by far cheaper than hockey so I wouldn't even compare. What indeed created a big trouble for Superliga was the famous Medvedev's restriction when he forbade using federal funding for financing local professional sports teams. This came mostly "thanks" to football teams of the Moscow region but affected lots of less publicly obvious sports like volleyball. The big losers here were Ural (Ufa) and of course Iskra (Odintsovo) who enjoyed some "taxpayer's" cash before. Gubernia seems to be supported by local officials too, which makes them exposed to this risk.

Regarding the quality of volleyball of Superliga, I don't think that foreign players make huge difference in Superliga. Camejo, Leon and Grozer are of course superb players but tough limit on foreigners has been always keeping the teams interested in skilled locals. An excellent example is Fakel Novy Urengoy who have substantially cut the budget and, thanks to the successful youth league team, improved the performance substantially. The much bigger concern for Superliga is financial separation of the teams when more ambitious clubs (Zenit, Belogorie) sign two squads of top players leaving the smaller competitors (Samotlor, Grozny) with mediocre performers. This is well visible this year as there are much less matches that end in tie-breaks.

• powsoff

Thx for explanation but I'm sure I read Shipulin's statement in which he is saying about Grozer's and Travica's salaries and explaining they r getting paid in rubles and then exchanging in Euros. It was on championat,ru, last week :drink:

Fakel is doing great job but how many teams have such good youth? I doubt Grozniy have youth team at all :rolll:

• powsoff

Thx for explanation but I'm sure I read Shipulin's statement in which he is saying about Grozer's and Travica's salaries and explaining they r getting paid in rubles and then exchanging in Euros. It was on championat,ru, last week :drink:

Fakel is doing great job but how many teams have such good youth? I doubt Grozniy have youth team at all :rolll:

It was not a statement but rather a step in negotiation that a smart politician Shipulin has started with Metalloinvest and Usmanov personally. Overall, the result has been <predictably> positive:
    http://belogorievolley.ru/news…adeniya-kursa-rublya.html

Every team that plays in the Superleague must have a youth team, it's a rule set by the Federation. Nizhnevartovsk is likely to win the regular champ in there, who are (a bit surprisingly) a youth club for the Superliga outsider Samotlor. Grozny has the youth team "after all" too, please check here:
    http://www.volley.ru/competiti…ue=65&year=2015&x=37&y=11

Where you are correct is that the Grozny youth team is pretty poor.

• powsoff

They getting paid in rubles but their salaries pegged to the dollar. So fall of the ruble had no effect on them.

• As expected the semi-finalists for the Russian cup are - Dynamo Moscow, Zenit Kazan, Lokomotive and Belogorod. The winners of each group will be decided tomorrow to see who plays who in the semi-finals.

• Dinamo playing really well, but missing the last points, actually it is a pretty equal game, it can go both sides

PS: Biryiukov doing so great in attack and Obmochaev just showing what is a good libero, please no more Golubev or Ermakov in NT!!

• Zenit wins it 3:0.
    If someone could later post Leons attack percentage please?! I would guess it is around 60% again. He versus Grankin was a big mismatch.....

• I watched only the two last sets and I liked Loko's game, especially the OPP! In the third they were down 13-9 then Zemchenok went to serve and left the turn that his team was leading 15-13. Grozer on the other side was blocked several times, especially in the crucial balls of the last set!

• I was rooting for Dinamo. The arrogance of Leon is very irritating. I hope someone will remind him that volleyball is not basketball(NBA), yes it has its own superstars but this sport is based on team spirit and fair-play.

I think he was roughly OK, given that he was a clear MVP. Yes, a couple of chats over the net but he is and will always be the main target of all provocations.

• I was rooting for Dinamo. The arrogance of Leon is very irritating. I hope someone will remind him that volleyball is not basketball(NBA), yes it has its own superstars but this sport is based on team spirit and fair-play.

LOL totally agree with you... he is in the right team for it though - between him, Apalikov and Sivo - its like testosterone overload. If their chests were any higher they'd be floating above the court. Hopefully matures in this regard with time.

• One weak match by Grozer and Belgorod are out. Muserskiy alone is not enough to win, as Poland-Russia match showed at the WCH in Poland.