Russia - Суперлига 2014/15

• One weak match by Grozer and Belgorod are out. Muserskiy alone is not enough to win, as Poland-Russia match showed at the WCH in Poland.

I wouldn't blame Grozer alone, given that he clearly was not at best physical condition. He has two replacement options in Belgorod and at least one of them (Zhigalov) looked very good yesterday. Lokomotiv has ourserved, outreceived and outset the opponent - they just needed the final more. There was of course one "secret" intrigue behind this game as Shipulin, the manager of Belgorod, has strong ambitions to come back to the NT coaching. Obviously, Voronkov is his major target here so for the latter it was very important to show his ability to deliver the result.

As for the Russian NT at WCh, they were clearly not prepared to play a long tournament with frequent commutes. The whole team (including Muserskiy) could not serve in in the last games.

• Dinamo playing really well, but missing the last points, actually it is a pretty equal game, it can go both sides

PS: Biryiukov doing so great in attack and Obmochaev just showing what is a good libero, please no more Golubev or Ermakov in NT!!

I second that last part, I don't want to see those two liberos in the team again. I like Obmochaev, the Lokomotive libero and the Belgorod libero are cool as well.

• Do you know why David Lee didn't play? Foreigners are allowed to play Russian Cup. I would play with him and Abrosimov. Divis is playing as russian from this season, so there was a foreign spot on court.

• Do you know why David Lee didn't play? Foreigners are allowed to play Russian Cup. I would play with him and Abrosimov. Divis is playing as russian from this season, so there was a foreign spot on court.

David Lee looked very poor in the semi vs Belgorod, literally unnoticeable. Abrosimov has his own issues but overall I think he is a better choice. Service might be an issue (you have a choice of a <complex> float from Lee vs a <weird> spike from Abrosimov) but I bet it was the height and overall physical condition that mattered. As for me, none of the two looked great.

• I think Alekno is the best coach in Russia, may be I am subjective because he was player for Levski Sofia, but he has a ton of success to back up my statement :)

Volleyball - Russia Super League 2014/2015 - Men

* Laola1.tv Time (CET: Central European Time Zone (GMT/UTC+01:00) (6 hours behind Bangkok)
    CET: Central European Time Zone (UTC+01:00) (6 hours behind Bangkok)

Today, 04.01.2015

04.01.2015, 15:00 CET
    RUS Super League Men
    Dinamo KRASNODAR - Dinamo MOSCOW
    http://www.laola1.tv/en-int/li…dinamo-moscow/280133.html
    ........................................................................................................

Today, 04.01.2015, 16:00
    RUS Super League Men
    Belogorie BELGOROD - Neftyanik Orenburg
    http://www.laola1.tv/en-int/li…anik-orenburg/280135.html
    ........................................................................................................

• Any idea why Ščerbinin is no longer part of Russian NT? He would fit perfectly the team considering what a killer blocker he is. Best blocker of Superliga last season, already best blocker this one.

• I have no clue, I think he should be there. Hopefully the RT coach will actually choose more players than he did last year and better ones.

Moscow did well to come back against Krasnodar. Their problem is against the big teams esp Zenit and Belogorie, they need to play better in the crucial points.

• Russian Stars - Stars of the World - 2:3 (24:26, 25:23, 25:22, 21:25, 10:15)

On 29 December. Belgorod. DS "Cosmos". 3000 spectators.

Judges: Zenovich (Rostov-on-Don), Oleinik (Moscow).

Match time: 2.00 (28 + 25 + 28 + 25 + 14).

Russian stars: Htey (1) Tetyuhin-K (1), Bucko, Musersky (11) Volvich (6), Mikhailov (8} - starting six, Obmochaev (libero), willow (libero), Bragin (Liberia) Makarov (1), Kruglov (11) Grankin (2), Ilyin (14). Did not play: Apalikov. Coaches: Alekno, Matusevich, Marichev.

Stars of the World: Leon (11), Lee (10), Grozer (15), Todorov (5) Travitsa-K, Camejo (9) - starting six, Salparov (libero), Zaitsev (13), Marlon, Nilsson (11 ) Tonyutti, Andre (2), Alex, Marlon. Did not play: Holt. Coaches: SHipulin, Voronkov, Kolchin.

Points - 105: 111, feed - 7: 5, Attack - 50:58, the unit - 6:13 Reception - 49%: 46%, errors - 35:43.

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgumRrMPf7c

• Wed, 07.01.2015
    Volleyball - Russia Super League 2014/2015 - Men

* Laola1.tv Time (CET: Central European Time Zone (GMT/UTC+01:00)
    CET: Central European Time Zone (UTC+01:00)

Wednesday, 07.01.2015, 15:00
    RUS Super League Men
    Zenit KAZAN - Gazprom-Yugra SURGUT REGION
    http://www.laola1.tv/en-int/li…surgut-region/281731.html
    .......................................................................................................

Wednesday, 07.01.2015, 16:00
    RUS Super League Men
    Dinamo MOSCOW - Lokomotiv NOVOSIBIRSK
    http://www.laola1.tv/en-int/li…v-novosibirsk/281740.html
    .......................................................................................................

• Thanks for the links. T

he big match was Moscow vs Lokomotive, but it ended in straight set for Moscow. A couple lapses in concentration by Moscow, would see them blow 3 - 4 point leads in each set, but they managed to win.

Loko still has struggles with the top 4 teams.

• Any idea why Ščerbinin is no longer part of Russian NT? He would fit perfectly the team considering what a killer blocker he is. Best blocker of Superliga last season, already best blocker this one.

Sherbinin is considered a very "blocking" MB. Fairly weak attack and service seriously limit his use despite of good blocking performance. There have been attempts to make his attacking more aggressive but I think his coordination is kind of tailored for blocking. You need to see his spike serve too :).