Italy - SuperLega Unipol Sai 2014-2015

• Manuel Coscione is the new setter of Calzedonia Verona. He will replace Dante Boninfante who signed with Modena.
    http://www.volleyball.it/notizie.asp?n=85017&l=0

Young Colombian Opp William Bermudez (1994) signed with Revivre Milano.
    http://dal15al25.gazzetta.it/2…iano-per-la-nuova-milano/

• Is there any limit of foreigners ?( some rosters look like there is a limit of 4 players, but all except Copra and Lube have only Italians as Liberos...

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• All rosters for 2014/15 season are now complete! :drink:

Thank you very much! Good work! Do Macerata really have only two MBs for the entire new season? I guess they are going to use some youngsters as a back-up. Strange...

• Thank you very much! Good work! Do Macerata really have only two MBs for the entire new season? I guess they are going to use some youngsters as a back-up. Strange...

Fei can play as MB if necessary, so he's hidden 3rd MB ^^

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• The Super Cup is about to start

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Macerata (now Treia) wins the Supercup 3-2 against Piacenza, who managed to come back after 2-0 down. I liked Fei, in the tie break, he made important points. Kovar is out of shape and without confidence, as in the WCH. On the other side good game by Zlatanov, he's still one of the best in our league to me.

It is still the beginning, the season will be long and other teams are strong...let's see how it goes! :box:

• Treia took the Supercup. The match was ugly, really ugly. Piacenza didn't play in the first set. Then the real game started, but it was an ugly one.

Treia is very lucky since it has a setter who can run his MBs from the 4 m. Baranowicz, Prodrascanin, Stankovic and Henno were very good in this match. The team didn't look so strong. Sabbi had a good start, then he was a complete disaster and Fei saved Treia in the tie break. Parodi and Kovar still out of shape. Parodi was starter beside Kurek and had very hard time to cover the whole court with Henno, since Kurek's reception was as terrible as usual. And always talking about the polish spiker, today he was weak in everything. No reception, no defence, he was used by Le Roux on block, I lost the count how many block outs he got. And his service is not good. He was all about spiking, as usual, but he had hard time even in his best skill, since he had troubles to score even 1 vs 1. Baranowicz's running sets are amazing, but his mates can't score even 1 vs 1.

On the other side Vermiglio pissed me with his usual behavior, always complaining for nothing. Le Roux was good in second half of the match. Zlatanov had an amazing match. Papi out of shape lost the place on court, Massari came in and played very well, but he stopped just in tie break. Ostapenko looked out of shape, but from the service line he had amazing moments, even when he didn't score the ace. Alletti was poor. Mario Jr the same. I wonder what ter Horst does on bench...

• What was the reason for the relocation to Treia? Was it administrative? It is still in the Macerata region, but why did they move to a smaller town?

• Vermiglio :obey: He isued to set balls from 4,5,6 meters as his teammates had awful reception, but when he got perfect receptions, he showed what is capable to do :obey:

Massari changed the rhytm of the match and allowed Piacenza to come back, as Papi played like grandfa and did not do anything positive in first two sets. Ostapenko is out of shape definitely while Stankovic had 9/10 in attack, Podrascanin scored 20 pts... no block from Piacenza against middles...

• Vermiglio :obey: He isued to set balls from 4,5,6 meters as his teammates had awful reception, but when he got perfect receptions, he showed what is capable to do :obey:

Massari changed the rhytm of the match and allowed Piacenza to come back, as Papi played like grandfa and did not do anything positive in first two sets. Ostapenko is out of shape definitely while Stankovic had 9/10 in attack, Podrascanin scored 20 pts... no block from Piacenza against middles...

Podrascanin is one of the best MB's in the world. I remember him from the small final in WCH 2006 vs Bulgaria, even then he was complete player.

• We have an embarassing team this season. Why the hell Beretta is starter? Why? He is just useless. He can't score. He got always used on block. He is just a nightmare. And the other nightmare is called Maruotti. We built a weaker team to keep Atanasijevic and sign De Cecco. There is just nothing around them (I could save Fromm, but he struggles too much on reception). :wall: Our italians are just a nightmare. Giovi is an average L. Buti and Barone are average MBs. Beretta is just terrible. It will be really hard to reach any important result this season.

We are gonna miss Petric. He was the real leader of the team. Grbic, I loved you as a player, please, wake up and fix this team: take off those 2 now, and send them to bench for the rest of the season. ;(

Please, no more Beretta and Maruotti. Please. :wall:

• Modena's game started to improve right after N'Gapeth entered the game, even if he wasn't all that important spiking-wise today. No way I can dislike this guy. Nice game from Bruno (those aces!), Vettori and Uros, although Bruno's setting to both still needs to improve a lot. Sometimes it seemed like he was setting to Wallace, using those quick balls close to the net.

Perugia's reception was awful. Giovi started off terribly, but managed to keep a good level until the end of the match. Atanasijevic was the only one who actually performed well along with De Cecco to be honest. I'd keep using Sunder instead of Maruotti too.

Nice to see Ravenna's win over Piacenza too! Renan with 21 pts (56%, 18/34) right off the bat :cheesy:. Hope Enrico gets some playing time soon too.

• I also think that Perugia is weaker than last year, reception is really poor and beside Atanasijevic, nobody is really reliable in attack. Beretta is awful, also in defense, Kovacevic sent two or three easy balls in Beretta's zone and he didn't even try to dig them...he just looked at them! That's not the right attitude!

This year I really like Modena, it is a really complete team, balanced and really smart (Kovacevic and Ngapeth waste few balls, really). I thnik that they can be considered the main competitors with Treia and Piacenza. Just a little under I'd put Perugia, Trento and Verona.
    :win:

• IMHO no one can beat Treia this year. Perugia and Modena (far) behind Treia as main contenders. Trento, Verona and Piacenza aren't good enough to reach anything.

I really hope Sunder and Barone will be startes from next match. Sunder was really strong in NCAA, he can be an outsider. Maruotti can't add anything to the team. Fromm is a good player, he will do better for sure. My eyes still crying blood for Petric's departure! ;(

• IMHO no one can beat Treia this year. Perugia and Modena (far) behind Treia as main contenders. Trento, Verona and Piacenza aren't good enough to reach anything.

I really hope Sunder and Barone will be startes from next match. Sunder was really strong in NCAA, he can be an outsider. Maruotti can't add anything to the team. Fromm is a good player, he will do better for sure. My eyes still crying blood for Petric's departure! ;(

We will talk about that at the end of the season :whistle:

• Did I just not see it right or have Modena indeed printed a hash before each player's name on their jerseys? Like #petric, #kovacevic, #vettori and so on. I've never seen a dumber decision :D What should one do to appear more socially inclined nowadays? :aww:

• Did I just not see it right or have Modena indeed printed a hash before each player's name on their jerseys? Like #petric, #kovacevic, #vettori and so on. I've never seen a dumber decision :D What should one do to appear more socially inclined nowadays? :aww:

Busto Arsizio did the same last season. I don't know the reason. :offtopic: