Italy - SuperLega Unipol Sai 2014-2015

• I agree that Perugia is weaker than last year. Fromm is playing so bad in reception that De Cecco will not have conditions to do his best.

I'm curious about Sunder. USA NT needs another good OH.

• IMHO no one can beat Treia this year.

do u think so? i mean i haven`t seen many games so far and especially when Treia has a weekend off just after the season begins but i am wondering as a person from outside Italy, are they really that strong this year? what about Trento?

• Treia has got: the best libero of the championship, a setter who can run his MBs as much as he wants and from every position, the best MBs couple of the world. Until Parodi is consistent, they are too strong for everyone in Italy. They can even play with Kurek, who can't reach 10% of percect reception, still running their middles.

Trento is not even close to Treia. Most of all Zygadlo is a big question mark after that terribile injury he had last season.

• reia has got: the best libero of the championship, a setter who can run his MBs as much as he wants and from every position, the best MBs couple of the world. Until Parodi is consistent, they are too strong for everyone in Italy. They can even play with Kurek, who can't reach 10% of percect reception, still running their middles.

Trento is not even close to Treia. Most of all Zygadlo is a big question mark aft

The weakness of Treia is their coach. They are not unbeatable, probably will take everything in regular season, but cups and playoffs are unpredictable. The difference is not big enough to make them feel secure. Both Piacenza and Trento have players with big list of titles behind them and that could matter when the game is on the edge.

• Piacenza? :white: :whistle:

Anyway yesterday's match between Ravenna and Latina showed us what it means having a strong receiver in your team. Koumentakis was absolutely amazing in both reception and digg. He only needs to grown on spiking, expecially when the set is not that good. This guy is diamant. Renan had a good game. Cebulj was so so... Cester right now is the strongest italian MB, no doubt. Mengozzi did his job as usual. Benjamin Toniutti in another diamant for this team: it's always a pleasure watching this guy setting that fast without losing any precision. He sets rockets to Renan, and the tall brasilian looks so comfortable, totally unexpected from a 217 cm tall guy.

On Latina's side, I guess Blengini will have bad moments choising among Urnaut, Rauwerdink and Skrimov. Yersterday Skrimov started on bench and saved the team in the end of the first set with his smart spiking, killing it all. Then all the OHs were unstable, it ruined the game. Blengini changed them all and tried every combinaiton, but they looked like not having any real feeling on court, expecially block-digg system was a mess. IMHO Semenzato should starter over Rossi.

• I turned off the Perugia - Trento game after the second set and went to take a nap, then I woke up and Trento had turned the game around and won 2-3. :super: Seems like it was a good match for Matey (25 points), while Perugia slowed down a lot in the 3rd and 4th sets. Glad to see the team start the championship with two wins. :D (Still wish they had a stronger OPP though)

• I turned off the Perugia - Trento game after the second set and went to take a nap, then I woke up and Trento had turned the game around and won 2-3. :super: Seems like it was a good match for Matey (25 points), while Perugia slowed down a lot in the 3rd and 4th sets. Glad to see the team start the championship with two wins. :D (Still wish they had a stronger OPP though)

Looking just for stats Kaziyski had really good game indeed :thumbup: Perugia weakened team comparing to last season :whistle: and OP is probably the weakest link in Trentino, though De Cecco and Atanasijevic are valuable assets (but Maruotti and Berretta :aww: ) :wavy: I wonder ho will Żygadło play throughout whole season after being so unlucky in last season...

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• It was a fun match actually. Matey started pretty slowly, but regrouped and was terrific in the last 2 sets. Both teams will have to adjust and somehow hide their weaknesses.
    However, I am not sure Perugia is that weaker: all in all they just changed the setter and one outside hitter, both Vujevic and Barone are in bench so they could potentially play. Petric is a huge loss but hopefully eventually either Fromm (so weak today and lately) or Sunder (great today until the last couple of points) will take his spot. We'll see.

• Full stats are out: Kaziyski had 24/43 spikes, 1 ace and 64%/44% reception. :super: From Perugia, Atanasijevic and Sunder were good. I think Maruotti and Fromm are the weak links in the team so far, while in Trentino it's Nemec (31% spikes). :wacko:

• We had another terrible match. :down:

We played so so the first 2 sets, but it was enough against this Trento. Serving on Kaziyski worked well. And we blocked him several times, even with De Cecco. Then Beretta's show started: blocked, blocked, out, out, out, out (every time 1 vs 1). And Trento's spikers used him on block as much as they could. I guess having Beretta and Maruotti in my team is the price for what a did in a previous life, this is my personal nightmare. Fromm can't kill any ball. Beretta is embarassing every single game he plays. Maruotti is just useless (to be honest I like solid passers and receivers, but this guy looks so poor in everything else). Sunder worked very well, but he couldn't save the team. The best player for us was Fanuli: our second libero showed once again I'm right thinking he is better than Giovi. He is less spectacular than Giovi, that goes rolling on the court, but he just finds his position outside the block and diggs, making look it as the easiest thing he does.

Birarelli was embarassing for Trento. If I think the NT went around the world with him and Beretta... :wall: Cester, where the hell were you? :mad:

Solé was the best player from Trento. This guy is gonna be a dominant MB for the next 15 years. Zygadlo has still some problems, but I didn't expect him so good so fast. Lanza was good spiker, but terrible receiver. I didn't see such a terrible match from Nemec, he was good most of the time.

• Sole was the best, but not the most valuable player of the match. Trento will improve "тепърва" in serving and spiking and Nemets won't keep that low level. Your team can still make some surprise, after all you have the best opposite and setter in the league.

• What is "Tep'rva"?

I told you, don't judge Nemec so soon: they guy had to spike only trash yesterday (Zygadlo was perfect with the MBs, but had troubles with OHs and OP).

About my team I know we have the best diagonal of the championship, I know we can't play worse than this and I have hope for both Sunder and Fromm (no one forgets how to kill a ball, time will prove me right about the german spiker), but I'm hopeless for Beretta and Maruotti. Yesterday I focused on Beretta's move and he looked like a lost soul on the court. This is not his level. And I have not such a great feeling with former volleyball champions turned into coaches (does Kiraly's name say something to you? :D ), so I hope Grbic wakes up as soon as possible giving Barone his chance. Anyway we started worse than last season at block. We had Petric as block machine, then Buti woke up and we were pretty good. This season we are gonna miss our formex best player. ;(

• Тепърва - yet.

• I told you, don't judge Nemec so soon: they guy had to spike only trash yesterday (Zygadlo was perfect with the MBs, but had troubles with OHs and OP).

I also share the opinion that Nemec suits this new Trentino quite well. He is not a bad opposite and I also expect him to show more in the months to come. Besides, on Sunday attack was the only element he sucked at. OK, it should be his primary force, I agree, but he was quite decent in block and serve. We should surely see more of him. However, the main problem for Trentino this season, in my humble opinion, will be the bench. They tried to rebuild what they once had, have had financial burden and now will partially rely on academy. Starting six looks OK, but when it comes to subs Stoychev will be in bigger trouble and he will finally get the chance to show us how good a coach he might be. It's too early to draw conclusions from one single important game, but it's true they passed the first real exam against a bit stronger Perugia. Perugia will also get stronger, there are many new components there, including a junior coach, that need fitting to each other. On the other side, if Stoychev can close the gap to Treia and Modena this year without a big budget and his usual stars, then his place in the elite will be undisputed. Let's be honest, right now he has only Kaziyski to rely on, Birarelli and Lanza are back after a disastrous WCH, Sole is not yet a world-class MB, Zygadlo has been outside the court for way too long.

• but he was the highest scorer in the first round, 15pts w 61%. There have so many matches so far, let's see what he can do

btw, anyone here has the link- off of this match. It was 1AM in Asia that I couldn't follow :( Just watching the very short highlight on Trentino channel

• Stoychev's place among the very best coaches in volleyball can not be disputed with 21 tropheys. Every team who wins has a lot of superstars, but not every team with a lot of superstars wins, and he won 21 tropheys in 2005-2014.

• But it is not the glorious Italian league anymore, his opponents are also extremely weakened.

Yes, even Macerata with Sabbi, who is not Zaytsev.

• anyone know where to watch these matches, i can't watch them live :hit: :hit: