Germany - Volleyball Bundesliga (VBL) 2014/15

• Perhaps I hastily wrote off Dueren's medal chances. Quite a nice surprise they made in Friedrichshafen. Let's hope it won't be an isolated case. Friedrichshafen have been clearly underperforming for at least 2-3 years, it's not even such an accomplishment anymore to take points away from them.

• Already on Wednesday, the next round will be played.
    Berlin vs. Bühl clearly is the match of the day. Hopefully Bühl can push Berlin a little bid. Maybe Berlin players already got the match in Friedrichshafen (Sunday, 14.30 CET) on their mind. But probably they are warned by Bühls good result in Düren.

29.10.14 BERLIN RECYCLING Volleys vs. TV Ingersoll Bühl (19.30 CET, one-camera stream, http://www.vbl.tv )
    29.10.14 CLOUD&HEAT VOLLEY DRESDEN vs. VfB Friedrichshafen
    29.10.14 SVG Lüneburg vs. NETZHOPPERS KW-Bestensee
    29.10.14 SWD powervolleys DÜREN vs. CV Mitteldeutschland (20.00 CET, one-camera stream, http://www.vbl.tv )
    29.10.14 VSG Coburg/Grub vs. TSV Herrsching

• Ah... the single-camera transmissions are killing me. Really hardly could I recognize players with only blurry shirt numbers... Got to catch up next time maybe on ECL games.

• Buhl did a good job in Berlin based on the result and the point stolen, but they should've taken the once-in-a-lifetime chance to beat them as the hosts had terrible attack percentages. All OHs (Touzinsky, Kromm, De Marchi) were disappointing based on numbers. I couldn't watch the whole game, but I guess so it seemed on court as well. Berlin made more mistakes overall. However, Buhl's attackers also struggled and that's why they couldn't take advantage of the pleasant situation they found themselves in at 2-1. 71% vs. 31% attack efficiency in the fifth set in favour of Berlin put a fast end to the game.

• All OHs (Touzinsky, Kromm, De Marchi) were disappointing based on numbers. I couldn't watch the whole game, but I guess so it seemed on court as well.

Exactly that came to mind as well, when looking at the stats. Luckily for Berlin, Paul Carroll had a very good match (29 points, 51%). His last season was not that good so i hope he can play again at his best. That will be needed very much, especially in CL games.

Ah... the single-camera transmissions are killing me. Really hardly could I recognize players with only blurry shirt numbers... Got to catch up next time maybe on ECL games.

Friedrichshafen vs. Berlin on sunday will be produced as "match of the day", so there will be different camera angles and replays.

Results of the wednesday matches:
    29.10.14 BERLIN RECYCLING Volleys vs. TV Ingersoll Bühl 3:2 (28:26,19:25,22:25,25:13,15:8)
    stats: http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2014-15/Men/&1016.pdf
    29.10.14 CLOUD&HEAT VOLLEY DRESDEN vs. VfB Friedrichshafen 0:3 (21:25,22:25,22:25)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2014-15/Men/&1017.pdf
    29.10.14 SVG Lüneburg vs. NETZHOPPERS KW-Bestensee 2:3 (25:27,25:22,20:25,25:14,17:19)
    29.10.14 SWD powervolleys DÜREN vs. CV Mitteldeutschland 3:1 (25:22,19:25,25:21,25:13)
    29.10.14 VSG Coburg/Grub vs. TSV Herrsching 1:3 (25:22,16:25,23:25,20:25)

• Tonights results:
    01.11.14 NETZHOPPERS KW-Bestensee vs. VSG Coburg/Grub 3:1 (20:25,28:26,25:23,25:23)
    01.11.14TV RottenburgSVG Lüneburg 3:2 (17:25,25:23,25:16,20:25,15:8)

Tomorrow, the first big clash between Friedrichshafen and Berlin :teach:

02.11.14 CV Mitteldeutschland vs. CLOUD&HEAT VOLLEY DRESDEN
    02.11.14 VfB Friedrichshafen vs. BERLIN RECYCLING Volleys (14.30 CET, "match of the day", http://www.vbl.tv )

• 02.11.14 VfB Friedrichshafen vs. BERLIN RECYCLING Volleys

The match just started:
    http://sportdeutschland.tv/vbl…s-berlin-recyling-volleys

Both teams already dropped points in the season, so we might not see the highest level yet.
    Grebennikov vs. Shoji/Krystof could be a cool battle of the liberos :super: .

• Is there any limitation of the foreign players in Bundesliga? Berlin has got on court:

Kawika Shoji (USA) - Paul Carroll (AUS)
    Bontje (NED) - Kmet' (SLO)
    Kromm (GER) - Touzinski (USA)
    Erik Shoji (USA)

Just one national player.

First set was really easy for Berlin. Too much difference between the 2 teams. I wonder why Vogel plays MB. He was better as OPP. Wasn't he? On the other side Kromm was a nightmare in Italy, while at home he plays like a world class player :!:

• First set goes to Berlin 25:16

Only thing working so far for VfB is reception but they just cant score from it. Very very low attacking percentage so far.

• 25:18 Berlin is taking the second as well. VfB really looks terrible and Berlin is almost toying with them :white:

• Some crazy digs in this third set. :cheesy: Berlin is making a few spiking mistakes now.
    (First match from Bundesliga that I watch btw. I'm liking it!)

• Now we have a match :thumbup:

vfB is taking the third set 25:15. They are serving better now and finally Simon Tischer found a way to play around Berlins block. De Marchis looks really bad for Berlin. They will be in trouble if Touzinsky/Kromm have problems.

• 5th set :super:
    Didnt see that coming after the second set. Simon Tischer is playing very well now :thumbup:

• Wow, resurrection of Friedrichshafen 8o

15:9 and victory for Vfb. Some crazy defences in the end of the 5th set.

• Dammit, I had to leave and missed most of the fourth and fifth sets. What a collapse from Berlin. :what:
    Both teams look good. I liked their defense system, but I guess that's a given by having both Grebennikov and Shoji on court at the same time. Nice to see Bontje and a fully recovered Tischer too. :D

• Dammit, I had to leave and missed most of the fourth and fifth sets. What a collapse from Berlin. :what:
    Both teams look good. I liked their defense system, but I guess that's a given by having both Grebennikov and Shoji on court at the same time. Nice to see Bontje and a fully recovered Tischer too. :D

And we shoulden't forget the second libero from Berlin, the czech Martin Kryštof, which is another very strong players in his position. I watched this guy live in Perugia, when my former favourite club (Perugia Volley, that's another club than the one I currently support, Sir Safety Perugia) held the Challenge Cup F4 and he was just amazing and best libero of the competition over Damiano Pippi :!: