Brazilian Superliga 2014/2015

• Found the full Taubaté x Brasil Kirin match online! :cheesy:

Agguerro: Quiroga is playing for Canoas. They had their first Superliga game yesterday (they're also playing a regional tournament) and Quiroga was subbed after the second set by Evandro, who did much better than him. He may not be fully adjusted yet. ^^

Sada Cruzeiro x São José dos Campos (played on 30/10) is also online here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ2Qz2ZiZ2c (part 1)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR5FwTUbYsw (part 2)

• omg thnk you!!!!!!!!

• 04/11 Sada Cruzeiro - Voleisul/Paquetá Esportes 3-0 (25/23, 25/19, 25/18/) MVP: William Arjona (S) stats
    Filipe and Winters were the starter OHs today while Leal got some rest. Sada did its usual job, with Wallace as best scorer (16 points) as always. Great game by Isac too. On the other side, Japa (OH) and Robinho (MB) were the best. Solid reception game from Voleisul with Rafa, Japa and Hugo up until the end of the second set.

Aaaand full match is already up on YouTube! :)

Five other matches today. No broadcast.

05/11 Montes Claros - São José dos Campos
    05/11 Funvic/Taubaté - SESI-SP
    05/11 UFJF - Vôlei Brasil Kirin
    05/11 Ziober Maringá - Minas Tênis Clube
    05/11 São Bernardo - Vôlei Canoas

• Today results:

São Bernardo - Vôlei Canoas 0-3 (17/25, 23/25, 20/25) MVP: Angel Dennis (OPP) stats

It was a duel between Angel (22 points, 61%) and São Bernardo's OH Edy Nery (15 points, 52%). In the end, the team with better support from other players won. Too bad no one else from SB's side could do much more to help.

Montes Claros - São José dos Campos 3-0 (30/28, 25/19, 25/19) MVP: Léo Mello (OPP) stats

First win for MOC and third consecutive loss for SJC. OPPs were the best in both teams. MOC had better support from MB Salsa and OHs Poglajen and Ceará.

Ziober Maringá - Minas Tênis Clube 1-3 (25/23, 22/25, 19/25, 24/26) MVP: Everaldo Silva (S) stats

MINAS :obey: This young squad is proving to not be weak after all. Second away win in a row and now beating a much more experienced and stronger team (on paper, at least). Monster performance from Cuban OPP Yadrian Escobar once again (23 spikes/59%, 2 blocks), along with great numbers from OH Thiago Vanole (14/21, 67%) and MBs Flávio and Otávio. In Maringá's side, the best were OH Piá and Venezuelan MB La Bomba.

UFJF - Vôlei Brasil Kirin 0-3 (17/25, 19/25, 20/25) MVP: Vini Siqueira (MB) stats

Easy win for VBK. Wallace was again their best scorer (16 points). Solid performances from the MBs Vini (6 blocks) and Luizinho (8/10 spikes) too. From UFJF, the best was young OH Henrique Batagim (8/14 spikes).

Funvic/Taubaté - SESI-SP 3-0 (25/18, 25/23, 25/18/) MVP: Felipe Fonteles (OH) stats

Another win over SESI for Taubaté, shortly after the Paulista finals. Lipe was the MVP and best scorer with 14 points. Seems like Pedro is doing a good job replacing Rapha so far. :D This also marked the first game for OH Maurício Borges with SESI. As I expected, it didn't impact the results in favor of his team after all. :rolll:

Next matches:

07/11 São José dos Campos - Vôlei Canoas (SporTV)
    08/11 Minas Tênis Clube - São Bernardo
    08/11 Vôlei Brasil Kirin - Ziober Maringá (SporTV :cheesy:)
    08/11 SESI-SP - UFJF
    08/11 Sada Cruzeiro - Funvic/Taubaté (no broadcast for this ;()
    08/11 Montes Claros - Voleisul/Paquetá Esportes
    (Geez, teams will have no rest AT ALL. :aww: Two complete rounds in four days.)

• Who decides the broadcasting of matches? Its very ridiculous the choices of matches to broadcast sometimes - it seems they don't really consider the ranking of teams at all, or possibility of getting a good match. Sada v Funvic no broadcast???

• Who decides the broadcasting of matches? Its very ridiculous the choices of matches to broadcast sometimes - it seems they don't really consider the ranking of teams at all, or possibility of getting a good match. Sada v Funvic no broadcast???

Quite possibly the TV channel/company (SporTV/Globo). I'm all for having some variety and broadcasting matches of smaller teams and giving them more airtime, plus I get that plenty of Sada and Funvic games have been broadcast lately, but still. Usually last seasons we had internet transmission of games that didn't make it to the TV schedule, but they didn't keep doing it this year. :S

• i dont understand why the quality of the sportTV videos are always so bad, it hurts my eyes.ugh

• i dont understand why the quality of the sportTV videos are always so bad, it hurts my eyes.ugh

Yeah, it's awful indeed. lol But better than nothing I guess.

07/11 São José dos Campos - Vôlei Canoas 1-3 (25/23, 23/25, 22/25, 22/25) MVP: Rodrigo Quiroga stats

Close match from both teams. The win could've gone either way, but I guess experience from Canoas' side gave them the edge in the end. SJC did great in blocking (15 points against 9), but it wasn't enough to stop Dennis, Quiroga and Gustavo.

• missed this match, hope someone posts it. Good to see Quiroga starting well in his new team!

• Today results:

Minas Tênis Clube - São Bernardo 3-0 (25/18, 25/11, 27/25) MVP: Luciano Minossi (L) stats
    Another win for Minas. :super:It was an interesting game from their side; coach Nery Tambeiro started with the usual line-up and then changed four players starting from the second set. Guys still kept a good level though; things only got tough in the third set with an unstoppable performance from São Bernardo's OPP Najari. Minas' backup OPP Franco was once again the best scorer with 14 points.

SESI-SP - UFJF 3-0 (25/21, 25/22, 25/22) MVP: Lucas Saatkamp (MB) stats
    Obligatory win for SESI I'd say. Riad was crazy good today and should've been voted MVP. Lucarelli was the best scorer as always with 14 points. From UFJF, Bergamo scored 9 points in the first set alone, but then simply stopped playing and was kept in court until the end. 8| MB Victor Pereira was their best scorer with 13 points.

Sada Cruzeiro - Funvic/Taubaté 3-0 (25/9 :white:, 25/21, 25/16) MVP: Wallace Souza (OPP) stats
    Derby of the season turned out to be the most disappointing game so far. lol The scores speak for themselves. Sada was ahead 8-1 in the first set with four aces from Leal. Taubaté was all over the place. I don't even know if things would've been different had Raphael and Sidão played today.

Montes Claros - Voleisul/Paquetá Esportes 3-1 (22/25, 25/20, 25/21, 25/14) MVP: Gian Moraes (L) stats
    Montes Claros seems to be improving as the season goes on. I expected more from Voleisul from what I've seen from them. MOC's OPP Léo Mello was the best scorer again with 18 points. MBs Purificação (12 pts) and Robinho (11) were the best players from Voleisul's side.

Vôlei Brasil Kirin - Ziober Maringá 3-1 (25/22, 25/27, 25/20, 25/15) MVP: João Paulo Bravo (OH) stats
    Very entertaining match. :D It was fun watching Rivaldo and Diogo play against their former team - both ended up being the best players from Maringá's side too with 14 and 12 pts respectively. Their MBs couldn't block ANYTHING though. They also had way too many setting and communication mistakes, which is not usual with Ricardinho. From BK, Wallace was the top scorer with 18 pts, followed by JP Bravo with 15 and Gustavão with 14 pts.

+: This was Diogo's first game this season. He was injured and doctors had told him he wouldn't ever be able to play volleyball again. I'm very glad he was able to overcome his injury and could play again - I personally really like him since his period in Brasil Kirin/Medley Campinas. ^^

• I finally got to watch the Canoas match - I have to say it was not the most interesting of matches. Canoas seem to be all over the place, and there is no real chemistry or excitement - its like the players havent really gelled together. The setting is problematic - so predictable - the whole first set it was Dennis getting every set. I didn't like the way the coach interacted with the players, and seemed to have a disagreement with Dennis about something he had said earlier in the match (Don't understand Portuguese so this is speculation from what I was watching.)

Oh, a question - how come you get to watch all the matches? Do they show them on other stations in Brazil? because sometimes on the website it shows only one match as being broadcast?

Sada v Taubate 25-9 in the first set - wtf???????

I really want to see this Minas team - they seem to be playing very well - the Kirin match is supposed to have been broadcast so I m waiting for it on youtube.

Good win for Sesi, but scores suggest it is still a bit of a struggle even though it was in straight sets.

Thanks again for the updates - it gives really good perspective, especially when I sometimes watch the matches after! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Brasil Kirin x Ziober Maringá

Agguerro: You're welcome! :D Unfortunately, I'm only able to watch matches that SporTV broadcasts. Sometimes I have the time to follow the livescores from the CBV website, so that's why I'm able o give a little more info on the games. ^^

I agree about Canoas, the game was boring and their chemistry still seems kinda inorganic. I didn't like Paulo Renan's setting too, Dennis must've gotten like 20+ balls in the first set alone. I hope their game becomes more interesting as the season goes on since I think their roster now is stronger than last year's.

• Thanks Saishuu for everything you are doing here to keep this thread alive ! :drink:

What is your opinion about who has the biggest chances of reaching the title this season ? And who may be relegated/ finish on the button.

Thanks again

Thanks for the feedback! :D I really appreciate it.

I think Sada Cruzeiro is the clear favorite again this season. Taubaté has the most chances to reach the final and compete with them, that is if Rapha and Sidão come back strong after their injuries. SESI has chances to do it too if Murilo returns well and their reception improves, otherwise they'll probably be eliminated earlier.

São Bernardo will probably be at the bottom this season. Last year's roster was completely dissolved and the one they have now is way too young and inexperienced to do much.

• What about Kirin? Didn't they get far last year? As well as Wallace is playing (if he can keep it up) I'd like to see him in the national team for the 2015 season. But I guess 2015 is really about those who will be the team for Rio. One thing for sure -Visotto needs to go - but I fear we might see him in Rio..

side bar - whats this story about Leal considering Brazilian national team if he doesnt get called this season for Cuba?

• What about Kirin? Didn't they get far last year? As well as Wallace is playing (if he can keep it up) I'd like to see him in the national team for the 2015 season. But I guess 2015 is really about those who will be the team for Rio. One thing for sure -Visotto needs to go - but I fear we might see him in Rio..

side bar - whats this story about Leal considering Brazilian national team if he doesnt get called this season for Cuba?

Brasil Kirin never quite gets there. They were 3rd last year and I expect the same this year (3rd or 4th). I'd be thrilled if they managed to reach the final this year though. :) As for Wallace, I'd like to see him in the NT too. I still think he's capable of playing in an international level. And I have no doubt he'd be better than Vissotto.

There were rumors at first about Leal in the NT, then an interview came up where he apparently said he'd consider applying for a spot in the Brazil NT if Cuba didn't change their rules and still wouldn't allow players who left the country to be back in the NT by the time of Rio 2016. I don't know what to think of it. :|

• just curious. when spanish-speakers like leal answer in their native language questions in portuguese, do the answers need to be rephrased in portuguese? i've seen interviews of daimi ramirez in brazil several times, and to my ears (which aren't exactly trained) her answers sound like a combination of spanish and portuguese.