Brazilian Superliga 2014/2015

• Globo doesn't seem interest to broadcast Superliga this year. We've reached semifinals in both male and female leagues already and they haven't broadcast anything yet (they usually aired semifinals games). If they do, it will probably be around 10am as always.

EDIT: SESI - Taubaté going on right now. SESI leading 2-0. Taubaté is toast.

• So Sesi won in the end - hopefully this match will be on youtube - looks like a comprehensive 3-1. Excited for Sesi - How is Murillo doing? I guess his coming in has stabilised things a lot?

• SESI-SP - Funvic/Taubaté 3:1 (25/27, 25/20, 22/25, 25/23) MVP: Ricardo Lucarelli (OH) stats

SESI did it! Seemed like it'd be an easy 3-0 at first, but then Taubaté woke up in the third set and made the game a lot closer. Fourth set could've been longer, but then Lucão decided to end it with an ace. :cheesy: Nerves got the best of Taubaté and I'm confident to say the team selfdestructed after being eliminated in the South American Championship. Meanwhile, trio of Lucarelli-Riad-Lucão was decisive once again - Lucarelli finished with 27 pts (possibly his best performance this season), Riad with 15 (8 attacks and 7 blocks) and Lucão also with 15 (14 attacks and 1 ace).

SESI-SP advances to the final. Funvic/Taubaté finishes the season at 3rd.

Final game will take place in Sada Cruzeiro's home on April 12nd, Sunday, at 10:00am.

---

Agguerro: Murilo's still having trouble attacking. Today he only scored one point and it was a block. Pretty similar to his performance in the NT last year - he's there to improve reception mostly. I still hope he recovers his spiking skills.

• Final game of Superliga B (second division) was held today and Sada Cruzeiro/Unifemm (Sada's B team) won against Bento Vôlei/Isabela 3-2 (25/20, 24/26, 17/25, 25/17, 15/13) and took away the Championship trophy. Bento Vôlei takes the spot to next year's main league however, as there can't be 2 Sada teams in the same league.

Just goes to show how incredible is the work lead within the club, both in senior and young teams. By the way, SESI's young team also did well and finished between 3rd and 4th.

• There's this one from Globo, but you're probably not gonna find better streams than these unfortunately. :wacko:

Thanks, this one works a bit better for me, but i think i will rewatch it later somewhere on youtube. There are too many annoying pop ups as well.....

From what i could see this looks like a cool match in a cracking athmosphere. :super:

• ^ Indeed it's a really good match so far. :D

Murilo's shape looks slightly better today - he has 3 attacks and 3 blocks already. Hope he keeps it up!

• As expected, Sada Cruzeiro won the final game and their second Championship in a row over SESI-SP! 3-1 (21/25, 25/19, 27/25, 25/19) stats

With this result, Sada has officially won BOTH A and B leagues (with young team) this year, which is beyond impressive.

Regarding the game: it was a lot closer than last year, at least. SESI made things a little harder, but ended up making a lot of mistakes (32!) and the entire team seemed nervous throughout most of the match. That loss in the third set was decisive for the final result. Referees were pretty poor and the so-called top notch video check was absolutely ridiculous and should be put to death.

Sada as usual relied heavily on Leal and Wallace; Éder managed to appear a little more in the fourth set, which greatly helped them. Théo was the best from SESI, others were only above average. I'm glad with Murilo's performance, though - finishing a match with double digits after such a long time should be rewarding at this point.

That's it for Superliga this year! I'll update with individual awards shortly.

• MVP: Yoandry Leal (Sada Cruzeiro)
    Best spiker: Wallace Souza (Sada Cruzeiro)
    Best blocker: Riad Ribeiro (SESI-SP)
    Best receiver: Bruno Canuto (MInas Tênis Clube)
    Best digger: Serginho (Sada Cruzeiro)
    Best setter: William Arjona (Sada Cruzeiro)
    Best server: Felipe Fonteles (Funvic/Taubaté)
    Best scorer: Yadrian Escobar (Minas Tênis Clube)

Thanks to everyone who kept up with this thread and read my countless rants since August! It was fun doing it. :D
    Now it's time to finally see who'll be called to the NT! The announcement will take place tomorrow at 11:30am (GMT-3).

• Long live Riad! :)

• MVP: Yoandry Leal (Sada Cruzeiro)

Leal wasn't MVP of the league (they don't have this award). He was elected best player in the final match (Troféu Viva Vôlei) ;) ;)