2015 USA NCAA Men's Volleyball Division I

• Hawai'i and Lewis received the at-large bids for the NCAA tournament.

Lewis is ranked No.1 and will play the winner of Hawai'i (4) vs. Penn State (5) in the semifinal.

UC Irvine is ranked No.2 and will play the winner of Loyola (3) vs. Pfeiffer (6) in the semifinal.

• FINAL FOUR TOURNAMENT
    QUARTERFINALS "PLAY-IN GAME" (Held at the Maples Pavilion on the Stanford Campus), May 5th
    ( Seed ) TEAM - TEAM ( Seed )
    ( 4 ) Hawaii - Penn State ( 5 )
    ( 3 ) Loyola-Illinois - Pfeiffer ( 6 )

SEMIFINALS (Held at the Maples Pavilion on the Stanford Campus), May 7th
    ( 4vs5 ) Winner - Lewis ( 1 )
    ( 3vs6 ) Winner - UC-Irvine ( 2 )

FINAL (Held at the Maples Pavilion on the Stanford Campus), May 9th
    ( ) - ( )

• The most spectacular players this year? :)

• Best setters : Micah Christenson (USC) 6'6'' S & Matt West (Pepperdine) 6'5'' S

Best outside hitter : Aaron Russell (PennState) 6'9'' OH

Best opposite : Parker Kalmbach (Pepperdine) 6'7'' OP

Best middleblocker : Bobby Walsh (Lewis) 6'9'' MB

Best server : Thomas Jaeschke (Loyola) 6'6'' OH

Source: http://www.offtheblockblog.com…lleyball-national-awards/

• FINAL FOUR TOURNAMENT
    QUARTERFINALS "PLAY-IN GAME" (Held at the Maples Pavilion on the Stanford Campus), May 5th
    ( 4 ) Hawaii 1 - 3 Penn State ( 5 ) (22-25, 20-25, 25-17, 25-27)
    Aaron Russell (Penn State) 23, Nick Goodell (Penn State) 20 & Taylor Averill (Hawaii) 19
    ( 3 ) Loyola-Illinois 3 - 0 Pfeiffer ( 6 ) (25-20, 33-31, 25-15)
    Thomas Jaeschke (Loyola) 14 & Jonathan Martinez (Pfeiffer) 13

SEMIFINALS (Held at the Maples Pavilion on the Stanford Campus), May 7th
    ( 5 ) Penn State - Lewis ( 1 )
    ( 3 ) Loyola-Illinois - UC-Irvine ( 2 )

FINAL (Held at the Maples Pavilion on the Stanford Campus), May 9th
    ( ) - ( )

• Loyola-Chicago defeats UC Irvine 3-0 (25-22, 25-19, 25-17)

Lewis defeats Penn State 3-1 (25-20, 22-25, 25-16, 25-20)

MIVAgeddon IV in the Final!

• First time in NCAA history that there is not a MPSF team in the final. These two have basically been the best teams in their conference and in the country this year bar Hawaii and Irvine.

Lewis took the regular season in a sweep, but Loyola took the MIVA tournament. This should be a very competitive match on Saturday.

• I watched the Lewis - Penn State match .... level of play was mediocre, lots of hitting errors and bad receptions.

• I watched the Lewis - Penn State match .... level of play was mediocre, lots of hitting errors and bad receptions.

Remember these players are 18-22 years in age. They are limited in the numbers of hours that they can practice in a week, NCAA rules. They may have also played other sports in high school, such as basketball or soccer, so they may not be as developed as they should be.

• I know. All I wanted to say was that I have seen better matches in past NCAA tournaments.

Now on to the final. Did you see the match? Loyola of Chicago won an epic battle over Lewis, 21-25, 25-23, 25-15, 25-27, 23-21.

Unfortunately I was too tired to stay up till the early morning. ( Match started at 3.30 am over here)

• I set up the DVR to record for 30 minutes past expected time and it still wasn't enough.

The match started at 9:30 pm on the east coast. I fell asleep on the couch in the 4th set and woke up at 18-18 or 19-19 in the 5th.